User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 115

  1. #51
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    You would get along with Vicky Jo.
    Why?

    (I'm aware that saying "you would get along with Vicky Jo" is considered a huge insult in typology terms)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  2. #52
    Senior Member sulfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I've always been confused by this. It defeats the purpose to identify with a type that you are not. There is little positive gain to the individual by doing this.
    My experience shows that individuals who engage in this tend to be mentally and emotionally immature, lacking in confidence and a solid sense of identity, they are ridden with anxieties and are overall just not very healthy. They easily over-identify with descriptions and profiles that do not resemble them and go for whatever promises to deliver them even a small portion of an ego-boost.

    Then there are people who make an honest mistake because they haven't studied ennegram in more depth. These people usually find their true type after they spend some time reading and posting on typology forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Also it seems reasonable that generally counterphobic 6s would erroneously type into 8s (as I did). There are not a lot of 8s here though.
    I remember Naranjo commented that type 8s is one he has encountered least frequently. He said 8s rarely come to these kind of "find-yourself" workshops. It could be that 8s are more rare in enneagram community because they have least interest in the enneagram to begin with.

  3. #53
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Why?

    (I'm aware that saying "you would get along with Vicky Jo" is considered a huge insult in typology terms)
    Well even though im not personally fond of her, I didn't mean it as an insult.

    More so that she shares your vitriol for people who mistype as INFJ.

    Hmm then again....maybe that is an insult and I didn't realise?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  4. #54
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Well even though im not personally fond of her, I didn't mean it as an insult.

    More so that she shares your vitriol for people who mistype as INFJ.

    Hmm then again....maybe that is an insult and I didn't realise?
    I don't know if I'd call it vitriol. I just find it annoying that a lot of people assume that because they are difficult to get along with, or because they've had difficult life experiences, or because they have a lot invested in feeling "special", or because they think they're psychic...they must be INFJ.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  5. #55
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Population - % of Enneagram types in Rheti testing in 1998
    Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but there are far more females in the data on that link than males.

    Will that not skew things?


    EDIT: hmm, idea. @highlander could you show us the stats broken down into male/female too please... may help.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  6. #56
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I don't know if I'd call it vitriol. I just find it annoying that a lot of people assume that because they are difficult to get along with, or because they've had difficult life experiences, or because they have a lot invested in feeling "special", or because they think they're psychic...they must be INFJ.
    Well of course, everyone finds it annoying when everyone else is assuming. But I can see your point, afterall my type is hardly an idealised one so I dont have to worry about mis-identification.

    But even if it was, I wouldn't give it much consideration.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    I would like to see the actual numbers, not just the percentages.

  8. #58

    Default

    Without reading the thread... 5 and 4 are often NT/NF which would show up as an imbalance. As for six, maybe it is that almost everyone here is self typed while the percentages are estimates or counselling. Six isn't a popular choice. I thought nine was more common than this.

  9. #59
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The following is a set of statistics on forum membership. There are three pieces of data:

    Before 2010 - % of forum members who joined prior to 1/1/2010 (earlier members)
    After 1/2012 - % of forum members that have posted since 1/1/2012 (active members)
    Population - % of Enneagram types in Rheti testing in 1998

    The point of this is to identify which predominant Enneagram types are on the forum and compare this to the Enneagram types in the overall population at large. The Rheti stats are the best ones I could find. If someone has anything better, let me know.


    Cool graph.

    What would you speculate on these things:
    - Why would we have so few Enneagram 9s, 6s, 1s, and 2s compared to the population at large?
    Um, because the first 3 types (5, 4, 9) are all the "avoidant" types. If you look at the sorting of the types, it's pretty much sorted in order of how much each type typically wants to interact personally (not via computer) with other people.

    - Why would we have so many Enneagram 5s and 4s compared to the population at large?
    Same reason.

    - It looks like the previous dominance of 4s and 5s may be decreasing and percentage of 6s is increasing. Thoughts as to why?
    Brainy 6w5s discovering that they're not 5w6.

    - Any other thoughts?
    I would not have thought 9s were so frequent in the general population, or that 3s were so uncommon.

    I suspect that the test takers that represent the general population thought of themselves as nice (9), helpful (2), or romantic (4), and that as such, these numbers don't reflect the real types. No one likes thinking of themselves as bossy (8), an always-right stick in the mud (1), or vain and overly obsessed with self-image (3). As a corollary, I'd bet that the 8, 1s and 3s are the most accurate typings, as the downside of each is clear. Enneagram types aren't initially clear that 9s are often "nice" for the wrong reasons, that 2s are often helpful for the wrong reasons, and that 4s are often romantic for the wrong reasons.
    Last edited by highlander; 04-06-2014 at 06:09 PM.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  10. #60
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but there are far more females in the data on that link than males.

    Will that not skew things?


    EDIT: hmm, idea. @highlander could you show us the stats broken down into male/female too please... may help.
    Ah, yes, this would also explain the excess of 2s, 9s and 4s.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 09:16 PM
  2. Forum Statistics - % Of MBTI Types
    By highlander in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 243
    Last Post: 01-10-2016, 02:18 PM
  3. Forum Statistics - % Of MBTI Types
    By highlander in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 11:44 AM
  4. [Enne] The differences of Enneagram Type 4w5 and 3w4
    By Trunks in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 07:05 PM
  5. Trying to think of names of groups of Enneagram types
    By Zangetshumody in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO