First 23456 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I didn't pay much attention to enneagram stuff before.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    As everyone knows by now, I think a lot of people are 6s who are mistyping as someone else. I am pretty sure that not all the 4s and 5s on this forum are 4s and 5s (not saying they are all 6s!).

6 received extremely negative "publicity" here at least, for quite some time. Lots of comments like "all 6s are terrified and haunted", and "you can't be an INFJ if you are a 6." There are "fashions" on this forum like there are anywhere. It was very unfashionable for some time to be typed as a 6. People seem to be moving on from that but I think 6s are still under-represented, especially as they're apparently the most common type in the world.
    Re bolded - I recall hearing that somewhere, but the RHETI statistics do not match that. They show 9>4>2>7>5>6. There are twice as many 9s as there are 6s.

I was one of those mis-typed people for a while. Tests kept coming up as 8, which was wrong. I wasn't biased towards any type of Enneagram because I knew almost nothing about Enneagram at the beginning.
    Last edited by highlander; 09-04-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    On the contrary. It seems like the forum is as 6-obsessed now as it used to be INFJ-obsessed...
    I don't know where you are getting this from.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Re bolded - I recall hearing that somewhere, but the RHETI statistics do not match that. They 9>4>2>7>5>6. There are twice as many 9s as there are 6s.

I was one of those mis-typed people for a while. Tests kept coming up as 8, which was wrong. I wasn't biased towards any type of Enneagram because I knew almost nothing about Enneagram at the beginning.
    TBH I feel like everything about enneagram is too vague (maybe that should extend to typology in general!). I've seen it indicated in many places that 6 is the most common type as it can readily apply to any MBTI type. But then, I haven't seen the RHETI statistics you refer to.

I knew almost nothing about MBTI before I tested as INFJ and almost nothing about enneagram before I figured out I was probably 6. Which in a way is a good way to approach it because you don't have anything invested in certain outcomes. I was confused with the 6 result at first as I thought as an INFJ I was "supposed" to be 4 and I could figure out quickly I wasn't. And I did think the 6 descriptions were rather negative but it made too much sense for me.

It just doesn't help a lot when people are throwing around comments like "6 is the worst type" or "why would anyone want to be a 6" or whatever. And there used to be a lot of that. I think the relative interest in 6 at the moment has a lot to do with the percentages going up. The fashion will probably turn in some other direction again.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Re bolded - I recall hearing that somewhere, but the RHETI statistics do not match that. They 9>4>2>7>5>6. There are twice as many 9s as there are 6s.
    It should be pointed out that the Rheti stats come from people taking the test at their website in 1998 rather than a representative sampling of the population in 2012 ("Note that the type distribution shown reflects the personality type of people on the Net as well as that of people who find the test interesting enough to take it.").

It may show the same trend, of course, but shouldn't be automatically assumed to be the same as global population trends. I don't know of a better source for the latter either, though.
    -end of thread-

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I don't know where you are getting this from.
    Okay.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    It should be pointed out that the Rheti stats come from people taking the test at their website in 1998 rather than a representative sampling of the population in 2012 ("Note that the type distribution shown reflects the personality type of people on the Net as well as that of people who find the test interesting enough to take it.").

It may show the same trend, of course, but shouldn't be automatically assumed to be the same as global population trends. I don't know of a better source for the latter either, though.
    The only other thing I found was this:

http://www.9types.com/writeup/enneagram_marriages.html

There is a table at the bottom of the page that has some statistics for males vs. females for each type. If we make a leap in logic that there are the same number of males as females, you do get that there are more 6s than the other types (except 9s).

Type: Females Males Total
    1 15% 13% 14%
    2 20% 4% 12%
    3 5% 6% 6%
    4 12% 6% 9%
    5 4% 15% 10%
    6 16% 13% 15%
    7 8% 8% 8%
    8 7% 17% 12%
    9 14% 19% 17%

Tri-type 639

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I think the difference between general population stats and those on the Rheti page would be interesting in itself. (And I too remember hearing that e6 is the most common but I can’t remember where.)

I thought I’d seen estimates for general population somewhere, but can’t find any just now. Even the page highlander linked has a disclaimer on how it based on the self reporting of couples who sought therapy (?, that’s what I gather). I skimmed through both Riso books and the Helen Palmer book and there’s no mention (that’s easy to find, anyway) of stats. If I come across something, I’ll come back and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Nice stats and presentations highlander

Very interesting!
    Yeah, nice thread idea @highlander.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I think the difference between general population stats and those on the Rheti page would be interesting in itself. (And I too remember hearing that e6 is the most common but I can’t remember where.)

I thought I’d seen estimates for general population somewhere, but can’t find any just now. Even the page highlander linked has a disclaimer on how it based on the self reporting of couples who sought therapy (?, that’s what I gather). I skimmed through both Riso books and the Helen Palmer book and there’s no mention (that’s easy to find, anyway) of stats. If I come across something, I’ll come back and post it.
    I tried using those numbers from Enneagram Monthly and here is how it comes out. I wonder if couples seeking therapy would be a different distribution than the overall population at large. Maybe. I think an ESTJ for example would be more unlikely to go for such a thing than other types.

Last edited by highlander; 04-06-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Tri-type 639

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Actually, the mean average (for men and women) according to that link (where it seems to be based on self reporting from couples seeking counseling) is exactly the same as the chart you just made. [eta: ...which seems odd to me because that means an accurate representation from all types went to seek counseling? I'm probably misunderstanding something here. But anyway, the numbers from Enneagram Monthly are apparently the same.]
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari