First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I've always thought the percentage of 3s would be far greater within the population. Quite surprising they appear the lowest.
    I came across this.

The Personality Types (Styles) of Contemporary Countries

England
    Types One, Five, and Six

United States
    Types Three, Six, and Seven

France
    Types Three, Four, and Seven

China
    Types Three, Eight, and Nine

Japan
    Types Six, Four, and Five

Germany
    Types Six, Five, and Eight

Russia
    Types Six, Eight, and Four

Italy
    Types Eight, Two, and Seven

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/practical.asp

It doesn't make much sense to me that certain countries would have a higher percentage of some types than others - or at least not to this magnitude.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I would guess that some of the INTP 5s may actually be 6s. Probably some of the INFJs, too. 6 seems to be both a somewhat negative and somewhat vague description, which could be driving people away, particularly INxx's.

I'm surprised that 6s are so low in the overall population too, actually. I was under the impression that they were common. I don't know that much about enneagram, though.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I came across this.

England
    Types One, Five, and Six

United States

France

China

Japan

Germany

Russia

Italy

It doesn't make much sense to me that certain countries would have a higher percentage of some types than others - or at least not to this magnitude.
    It's quite interesting I suppose. Maybe it's just the cultural expectation that differs altering certain results. Enneagram seems like a more flexible system measuring different levels of common human drives. It would be understandable if people would confuse what they themselves go for over what the community expects them to go for. A greater margin for error.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Well it should . This is what the breakdown of INFPs on the forum looks like for example.

Right it should. I'm sorry I thought you asked why?

But maybe the question was just why so many in e 4's and 5's
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Right it should. I'm sorry I thought you asked why?

But maybe the question was just why so many in e 4's and 5's
    They would have to correlate - mathematically. I'm wondering if there is a pattern of a particular enneagram type who is attracted to the forum - that is independent of MBTI type (not sure if that's clear). I am sort of thinking as I go here.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I'm surprised too that there are more 9's and 1's then 7's

It doesn't feeeel that way.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

What would you speculate on these things:
    - Why would we have so few Enneagram 2 and 9s compared to the population at large?
    - Why would we have so many Enneagram 5s and 4s compared to the population at large?
    - It looks like the previous dominance of 4s and 5s may be decreasing and percentage of 6s is increasing. Thoughts as to why?
    - Any other thoughts?
    The obvious answers:

- The internet is natural habitat for introverts. ESTJs are suppose to be very common, but they are like endangered species when it comes to online forums like these. So with that said, we can assume certain types are just more likely than other types to congregate in places like these for variety of reasons (namely the withdrawn types) .
    - There is also the issue of mistyping of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    5s want to acquire every sort of knowledge, while 4s are searching for their identity.
    If we attach certain words to certain types, then we gonna get mistypes. I believe type 3, 6, and 9 are in search of identity as well. For example, type 3 would be a type likely in search of identity. Actually, that's the crux of the type once you think about it. If an e3 looks outside of themselves for worth, and that is tied to their identity, then stripping away this "mask," this external standard, would reveal an underlying hollowness, eventually leading to existential emo questions of "Who am I?" - All identity related stuff.

Personally, I've been looking into e6 or e9 to see whether I am deluding myself. There are actually strong overlappings of e4 cliques in those other types.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Is this according to the INFJs, INTJs and INTPs in this forum or the general population stats?

eta: My first assumption is that it must be according to the forum stats, because I'd be hard pressed to believe so many INFJs out there in the wild are e5.
    Oops. Made a mistake in some of those numbers. Will fix it here:

Last edited by highlander; 04-06-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

They would have to correlate - mathematically. I'm wondering if there is a pattern of a particular enneagram type who is attracted to the forum - that is independent of MBTI type (not sure if that's clear). I am sort of thinking as I go here.
    I would have thought 4 > 9 > 5... otherwise, not surprising to me. Although I wouldn't be surprised if conflict averse 9s opted out sooner or later.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Nice stats and presentations @highlander

Very interesting!

I came across this.

England
    Types One, Five, and Six

United States

France

China

Japan

Germany

Russia

Italy

Perhaps it would be more likely for countries to have differing makeup of enneatype, than with MBTI - after all it is influenced by environment, and culture could be a part of this.

I mean just look at the 3 types for France - it pretty much fits all the French stereotypes. Actually, same with the US and their stereotypes, too. Although, Germany doesn't have any 1s in their main types, and that just seems wrong.

But yes, I would take such claims with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Is this according to the INFJs, INTJs and INTPs in this forum or the general population stats?

eta: My first assumption is that it must be according to the forum stats, because I'd be hard pressed to believe so many INFJs out there in the wild are e5.
    Yeah, I was going to say this but I seem to always be the one doubting such things.

BTW just to answer this question:
    - It looks like the previous dominance of 4s and 5s may be decreasing and percentage of 6s is increasing. Thoughts as to why?
    I think people are becoming more knowledgeable about the 6 type and realising that they were mistyped due to a lack of understanding. Perhaps equally, people are less inclined to idealise 4 and 5 traits. And maybe 6s often mistype as 4s or 5s...
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte