• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your enneagram type?

Which type do you MOST identify with?

• Total voters

gromit

likes this
Answer the poll (public) and, if you like, post a couple sentences about what most draws you to identify as that type.

G

Glycerine

5: When it comes down to it, I can strongly relate to the negatives of the type the most. Also, I am highly introverted extrovert (people are usually split on this). Of course, the flavor is going to differ from the INTX variety.

Last edited:

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There were quite a few tendencies in e5 descriptions that resonated, some of which I'd actually noticed about myself (prior to finding out about enneagram) and had wondered why I had them. A few that come to mind are the compulsive urge to withdraw and mentally prepare for things; to keep preparing, and to feel like the 'preparing' is never really enough, it always feel like I need to study something 'a little bit more' before acting on it; and not feeling affect while participating in social events- it hits me later when no one is around, but I feel very stoic while participating. Finding e5 descriptions just clicked for me and made sense of a great many of my instincts.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
It's a close call between 4 and 1, but I think I'm a bit more 4-like than 1-like.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a type 6, probably 6w5.

I'm anxious, worrying, loyal, imaginative, cautiously friendly, and although I'm an introvert, I'm kind of an "ambivert" - not heavily heavily introverted, and I can certainly appear extroverted. (People often don't believe me if I say I'm an introvert.)

All of these are 6 characteristics and fit me well - more so than the main characteristics of any other e-type.

W

WALMART

I personally identify with type nine, though it may not be correct of my true self.

If I had to identify with anything other, I would say type five.

Perhaps I am 9w5, or 9w1, or 9w8, maybe 5w9.

9w5 sounds nice :D

We have called personality type Nine The Peacemaker because no type is more devoted to the quest for internal and external peace for themselves and others. They are typically “spiritual seekers” who have a great yearning for connection with the cosmos, as well as with other people.

I have been on a personal spiritual journey for some time; I yearn to know the grand unifying theory behind all existence, and I have accepted it may not lie in one single answer, but through constant practice of existential philosophies.

We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity.

In line with my quest of dissolving all ego.

Ironically, therefore, the only type the Nine is not like is the Nine itself. Being a separate self, an individual who must assert herself against others, is terrifying to Nines. They would rather melt into someone else or quietly follow their idyllic daydreams.

I've oft been puzzled when people state they could not not work for a living. My favorite hobby is being. If I could make 30k a year for the rest of my life doing nothing, I would gladly accept.

Nines demonstrate the universal temptation to ignore the disturbing aspects of life and to seek some degree of peace and comfort by “numbing out.” They respond to pain and suffering by attempting to live in a state of premature peacefulness, whether it is in a state of false spiritual attainment, or in more gross denial.

"Blissfully ignorant" is a term I've vocalized about myself on multiple occasions. I don't find the need of focusing on, for example, what's wrong with society, unless there is something to be done directly about it. It's like complaining about the color red, or how 2+2=4.

To emphasize the pleasant in life is not a bad thing, of course—it is simply a limited and limiting approach to life. If Nines see the silver lining in every cloud as a way of protecting themselves from the cold and rain, other types have their distorting viewpoints, too. For example, Fours focus on their own woundedness and victimization, Ones on what is wrong with how things are, and so forth. By contrast, Nines tend to focus on the “bright side of life” so that their peace of mind will not be shaken. But rather than deny the dark side of life, what Nines must understand is that all of the perspectives presented by the other types are true, too. Nines must resist the urge to escape into “premature Buddhahood” or the “white light” of the Divine and away from the mundane world. They must remember that “the only way out is through.”

I find it particularly interesting that I identify strongly with Buddhist beliefs, and identified strong with the nine type during reading prior to them linking Buddhism and the nine type together. It was as if everything I had stood for in my life were jot down on paper, and I was overcome with emotion.

I could likely copy paste most lines from most descriptions and find a way to relate to it. Reading any other type description simply doesn't do it the same as type nine does, though.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
9w1

Wait, have I replied to this thread already?

Oh, well.

9w1

MBTI Type
Mann
6w7. I don't know that I am even this type. It just seemed right last time I looked into it. (Goes back to look again.)

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
pretty sure i'm a 6. there's a link on this site that i think gives one of the best 6 descriptions i've ever read; it says that the root fear of being a 6 is a lack of meaning/purpose, and (i'm adding something in here), that what we take to be our fears (how we consciously perceive them) is really just the core anxiety latching onto fragments of our environment in an attempt to misdirect our own awareness away from the real problem--like anyone with a problem.

Working On It

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
7w6, 1w2, 3w2 This was my results, and I seem to have more traits of 1w2, and 3w2, than 7w6.

It gives me a lot to think about.

Rosabel

4 - need for authenticity, strong feelings, self-expression. I'm integrating to 1 too.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Type 5. I relate to the intellectualization, the wanting to emotionally detach, needing a lot of time alone to sort through my thoughts. I am sensitive to invasions of my privacy and resources.

I know that people tend to over-type as 5's at least in the enneagram community. I mentioned that in another thread but I really do think 5 fits me the closest.

gromit

likes this
Type 5. I relate to the intellectualization, the wanting to emotionally detach, needing a lot of time alone to sort through my thoughts. I am sensitive to invasions of my privacy and resources.

I know that people tend to over-type as 5's at least in the enneagram community. I mentioned that in another thread but I really do think 5 fits me the closest.

5 is winning this simple typology central poll of 18 people.

Burger King

Type 4. Authenticity is a fragile thing, it's too precious to get its nails dirty. It's like everyone else is a prostitute, whoring themselves for cheap thrills. Authenticity is filled with excuses, whose authentic exterior belies its obvious inferiority complex. herp derp

For real though, what did it for me were the coping mechanisms and health levels. I very much belong to the withdrawn and reactive triads. The only thing difficult to determine were the wings.

Working On It

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I took a different test that has me at a strong 1w2. I am certain it more accurately describes me. So how do I change my poll vote from 7 to 1?

I am very much a perfectionist. Yet, I do not want or expect others to conform to my standards. I value their independence. It is this principle that keeps me from being controlling. I am discerning, and being realistic is my greatest aide in discernment. I am self controlled and move into action quickly.

G

garbage

Every time an Enneagram poll comes up, I answer it differently and with certainty and make myself look like a dumbass later on. But 3w4 seems to make a whole fat lot of sense when I'm neurochemically healthy, if we regard that wing to be strong as hell.

Sure, I'm all about asserting my way into profound positions, but virtually always in a 'win-win' way--I couldn't cheat or step on anyone else to get there; it wouldn't be worth it. This is in stark contrast to my much younger days as a pathological liar, when I thought I was fucked up and had something to cover.

In my normal state I'm ambiverted--and I'm more introspective than outgoing. Around people, I typically light up--though I'm mostly better at this in one-on-one settings. I 'read' people to figure out how I can 'strongarm' my way into being of use to them if I need to be--I look out for my best interests in order to get opportunities to grant myself more flexibility to do whatever it is that I want to do. I can get in sync with a wide variety of people, usually either to make them feel at ease, to establish trust, or otherwise to let things roll more smoothly.

I don't particularly get 'in sync' with groups--I let my idiosyncrasies shine through and often even embellish them so that I stand out. Being polite is fine, but sacrificing oneself in the process isn't.

Opportunities that I secure for myself grant me the flexibility and peace to focus on my own personal development and to get involved in meaningful activities that hopefully both have a positive impact and get me up 'higher in the ranks,' whatever that means in a particular context.

gromit

likes this
I relate to a lot of the enneagram types, but I settled on type nine because of the go with the flow thing, because I sometimes do suppress my anger, and because people say that I make them feel calm and at ease, and I do love everyone being comfortable and having a good time.

Also it said that e9s tend to relate to many other enneagram types.