User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type do you MOST identify with?

41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Type 1

2 4.88%
  • Type 2

1 2.44%
  • Type 3

0 0%
  • Type 4

7 17.07%
  • Type 5

10 24.39%
  • Type 6

8 19.51%
  • Type 7

7 17.07%
  • Type 8

1 2.44%
  • Type 9

5 12.20%
  • None of the above.

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your enneagram type?

Junior Member Array
    7w6 sx/sp

I'm a 7w6! The highs are amazing and it feels like nothing can get faze me but the lows feel like dying...I try to avoid the lows like a plague. I guess that means I haven't reached the healthy levels yet. Oh well, I'm still young!

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I relate to a lot of the enneagram types, but I settled on type nine because of the go with the flow thing, because I sometimes do suppress my anger, and because people say that I make them feel calm and at ease, and I do love everyone being comfortable and having a good time.

Also it said that e9s tend to relate to many other enneagram types.
    my results tend to be 7 when i first started taking free tests.
    when i first started reading the bookie books, i thought i was
    a 2. then i thought i was 8, then a 3.

i never thought i was a 4, 5 or 1.

thennnnn i read something that had nothing to do about enneagram
    (a random email from my friend), and the she described a particular
    memory we shared, it was like reading out of an enneagram book i
    could see the growth and regression, the core motivations of an 8,
    but in very relatable terms.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

4w5 sx/so

As was seen in my enneagram thread, it took me a while to figure this out (very much in contrast to my MBTI type, which I was certain of after I took my first test [as an adult] and read my first profile), but I'm pretty much certain about it now. I actually received a phone call from my sister when I was a freshman in college, during which she wanted to read a couple profile descriptions to me to see which I thought I was (not completely beknownst to me at the time, she was studying the enneagram, and was trying to type our whole family); she had two she thought I might be in mind, one the more likely, and I'm pretty sure we ended up concluding on me being an 8. I'm still not sure what the other one was (nor does she remember).

Anyway, that, along with some very quick and shallow enneagram study, led me to figuring I was an 8w9 when I first got here. I think my behavior vibed well enough with the 8 (a number of people still think me to be one) that it made sense, and I didn't really feel the need to question it (I was still learning Jung/MBTI, at the time). Then this ENTP I'd never seen post named @Bay said in a thread (started by someone else) about my MBTI type that I was an enneagram 6. I asked him/her what that was about, didn't really get a satisfying answer, so then my curiosity was piqued.

I took a test, got 6, 5, 8 and 3 as my highest fixes, and sx/so for my instinctual variant. I then started a thread about it, and the discussion that took place there wasn't really enough to sway me one way or the other. At the time, I actually started thinking I might be a 5w6, with 6w5 and 8w9 as the other possibilities. Further study made 6 seem really unlikely, as the quick descriptions of the health levels from the Enneagram Institute just didn't fit me at all. And those same studies made 5w6 seem the most probable (the brief health level descriptions just fit).

Eventually, after that thread died and was rebirthed a number of times, and after I'd pretty much exhausted my Jung/MBTI studies, I decided to give the enneagram a deeper look. I bought a number of books (I've now got about six), and, upon diving into the material in the books, I came out believing I'm pretty certainly a 6w5 (5w6 sx/so is still the best alternative, with 3w4 possibly being the next best [although much more unlikely -- it's really just the last fix of my tritype]). Further enneagram studies on the internet confirmed that I was a 6w5 sx/so, and a paid test from also said I was a 6w5, 683 tritype. I've never tested as anything but INTJ, and I've never tested as anything but a 6w5, so I've come to the belief that I just know myself pretty well and am able to understand the tests well enough that, for the most part, when I take a test, it's gunna give me the right result.

I've gotten it down to the point that I'm willing to say I'm a 6w5, 8w7, 3w4 sx/so (the 8-fix could be dual-winged, tho), and, along with being an INTJ, as well as being "Neutral Good" in the alignment system, I feel this does an extremely good job at shining light on who I really am.
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar

6w5, 4w5, 9w1
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Array Kayness's Avatar
    9w1 sp/sx

9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx

in fact I think I'm somewhere between 4 and 9, because while I'm more 9 than 4, a combination of both describes me the best.

(sorry if the way I write is confusing)
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl

No 1, 3, or 8 yet...

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

5w6, sp/sx. Tests tell me that, and the descriptions fit.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    No 1, 3, or 8 yet...
    I have an 8 fix.

There's a whole bunch of 1's, 3's and 8's on Personality Cafe. There really isn't a single one here?

Doubt it. Probably haven't voted in the poll.

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I have an 8 fix.
    There's a whole bunch of 1's, 3's and 8's on Personality Cafe. There really isn't a single one here?
    Doubt it. Probably haven't voted in the poll.
    8s @ceecee @kyuuei @mmhmm (8w7 Sx/Sp)
    @Jenaphor (8w7 Sx/Sp) @disco Biscuit (8w9 Sx/So)

1s @EJCC (1w2 Sp/So) @Evan (1w9 Sx/Sp) @Lark (1w9 So/Sp)

3s @Chloe @mrcockburn @Sparrow (3w4 So/Sx) @Cloud of Thunder (3w4 Sx/Sp) @Uwace (3w4 Sx/So) @2XtremeENFP (3w4 Sp/Sx)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Four: Envy. Self absorption, self pity, and my insistence on being my own person. On a positive note, my ability to go deep into my feelings and to express them in a creative way.