• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your enneagram type?

Which type do you MOST identify with?

• Total voters

BeBe

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a 7w6! The highs are amazing and it feels like nothing can get faze me but the lows feel like dying...I try to avoid the lows like a plague. I guess that means I haven't reached the healthy levels yet. Oh well, I'm still young! :)

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
I relate to a lot of the enneagram types, but I settled on type nine because of the go with the flow thing, because I sometimes do suppress my anger, and because people say that I make them feel calm and at ease, and I do love everyone being comfortable and having a good time.

Also it said that e9s tend to relate to many other enneagram types.

my results tend to be 7 when i first started taking free tests.
when i first started reading the bookie books, i thought i was
a 2. then i thought i was 8, then a 3.

i never thought i was a 4, 5 or 1.

thennnnn i read something that had nothing to do about enneagram
(a random email from my friend), and the she described a particular
memory we shared, it was like reading out of an enneagram book i
could see the growth and regression, the core motivations of an 8,
but in very relatable terms.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
As was seen in my enneagram thread, it took me a while to figure this out (very much in contrast to my MBTI type, which I was certain of after I took my first test [as an adult] and read my first profile), but I'm pretty much certain about it now. I actually received a phone call from my sister when I was a freshman in college, during which she wanted to read a couple profile descriptions to me to see which I thought I was (not completely beknownst to me at the time, she was studying the enneagram, and was trying to type our whole family); she had two she thought I might be in mind, one the more likely, and I'm pretty sure we ended up concluding on me being an 8. I'm still not sure what the other one was (nor does she remember).

Anyway, that, along with some very quick and shallow enneagram study, led me to figuring I was an 8w9 when I first got here. I think my behavior vibed well enough with the 8 (a number of people still think me to be one) that it made sense, and I didn't really feel the need to question it (I was still learning Jung/MBTI, at the time). Then this ENTP I'd never seen post named [MENTION=7421]Bay[/MENTION] said in a thread (started by someone else) about my MBTI type that I was an enneagram 6. I asked him/her what that was about, didn't really get a satisfying answer, so then my curiosity was piqued.

I took a test, got 6, 5, 8 and 3 as my highest fixes, and sx/so for my instinctual variant. I then started a thread about it, and the discussion that took place there wasn't really enough to sway me one way or the other. At the time, I actually started thinking I might be a 5w6, with 6w5 and 8w9 as the other possibilities. Further study made 6 seem really unlikely, as the quick descriptions of the health levels from the Enneagram Institute just didn't fit me at all. And those same studies made 5w6 seem the most probable (the brief health level descriptions just fit).

Eventually, after that thread died and was rebirthed a number of times, and after I'd pretty much exhausted my Jung/MBTI studies, I decided to give the enneagram a deeper look. I bought a number of books (I've now got about six), and, upon diving into the material in the books, I came out believing I'm pretty certainly a 6w5 (5w6 sx/so is still the best alternative, with 3w4 possibly being the next best [although much more unlikely -- it's really just the last fix of my tritype]). Further enneagram studies on the internet confirmed that I was a 6w5 sx/so, and a paid test from enneagram.net also said I was a 6w5, 683 tritype. I've never tested as anything but INTJ, and I've never tested as anything but a 6w5, so I've come to the belief that I just know myself pretty well and am able to understand the tests well enough that, for the most part, when I take a test, it's gunna give me the right result.

I've gotten it down to the point that I'm willing to say I'm a 6w5, 8w7, 3w4 sx/so (the 8-fix could be dual-winged, tho), and, along with being an INTJ, as well as being "Neutral Good" in the alignment system, I feel this does an extremely good job at shining light on who I really am.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx

in fact I think I'm somewhere between 4 and 9, because while I'm more 9 than 4, a combination of both describes me the best.

(sorry if the way I write is confusing)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5w6, sp/sx. Tests tell me that, and the descriptions fit.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No 1, 3, or 8 yet...

I have an 8 fix.

There's a whole bunch of 1's, 3's and 8's on Personality Cafe. There really isn't a single one here?

Doubt it. Probably haven't voted in the poll.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an 8 fix.
There's a whole bunch of 1's, 3's and 8's on Personality Cafe. There really isn't a single one here?
Doubt it. Probably haven't voted in the poll.

8s [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION] [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] (8w7 Sx/Sp)
@Jenaphor (8w7 Sx/Sp) [MENTION=14503]disco[/MENTION] Biscuit (8w9 Sx/So)

1s [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] (1w2 Sp/So) [MENTION=1654]Evan[/MENTION] (1w9 Sx/Sp) [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] (1w9 So/Sp)

3s [MENTION=14598]Chloe[/MENTION] [MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION] [MENTION=10137]Sparrow[/MENTION] (3w4 So/Sx) [MENTION=14498]Cloud of Thunder[/MENTION] (3w4 Sx/Sp) [MENTION=11928]Uwace[/MENTION] (3w4 Sx/So) [MENTION=4653]2XtremeENFP[/MENTION] (3w4 Sp/Sx)

B

brainheart

Four: Envy. Self absorption, self pity, and my insistence on being my own person. On a positive note, my ability to go deep into my feelings and to express them in a creative way.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to think I'm 8 but after reading Naranjo's Character and Neurosis I find that I'm too controlled to be one and I realized that I actually care about what others think of me (well, my work at least).

There's also that paragraph about threes that I relate to strongly, which says that "They only lose emotional control only selectively, vis-s-vis a few closely related persons concerning whom they have intense conflicts, especially of a sexual and competitive nature."

I realize I only lose it when I'm fighting with my mother (not anyone else) because I'm trying to assert my way -- which I think is the most efficient way. You'll see a lot of that word popping up in Naranjo's type 3 chapter.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to think I'm 8 but after reading Naranjo's Character and Neurosis I find that I'm too controlled to be one and I realized that I actually care about what others think of me (well, my work at least).
There's also that paragraph about threes that I relate to strongly, which says that "They only lose emotional control only selectively, vis-s-vis a few closely related persons concerning whom they have intense conflicts, especially of a sexual and competitive nature."
I realize I only lose it when I'm fighting with my mother (not anyone else) because I'm trying to assert my way -- which I think is the most efficient way. You'll see a lot of that word popping up in Naranjo's type 3 chapter.

I think 3w4 Sx/So is a good fit for you. you're much too sensitive and in touch with your feelings to be an 8

Savitri

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Type 1.

Maitri's Soul Child Chapter did me in; knew right away it was my core.

Inside of the moralistic, righteous, and upstanding stance of a one is a young child who cares nothing about being good or doing the right thing. He only wants to play and have a good time and to take in all of the wonderful things that life has to offer-- a little Seven.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Ty kindly [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] I didn't see this thread :D The internet was down a couple days.

Type 8 for certain. No other type even came close to describing me, and this one hit the nail on the head.

gromit

likes this
Type 1.

Maitri's Soul Child Chapter did me in; knew right away it was my core.

Inside of the moralistic, righteous, and upstanding stance of a one is a young child who cares nothing about being good or doing the right thing. He only wants to play and have a good time and to take in all of the wonderful things that life has to offer-- a little Seven.

Oh yeah Soul Child is cool.