• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

to people who think I'm a 4

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
why do you say this? I don't relate to the description, and their modes don't really fit me.please explain your position.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
'twas a joke =P

I know, but i posted that because i'm sure people will have that argument

i don't strive to be different or unique i actually strive to assimlate into society but i suck at that and i don't know why

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're nowhere near as tragic, dark, and dramatic as 4s are, lucky for you. I don't see you as a 4.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Do 4s strive to be unique? I consider myself a 4 because I am very individualistic and that part of me is important to me, but I don't strive to be that way, it is natural.

Sorry, the word strive just confused me. :shrug:

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
And that would make a difference to [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION] since she is concerned about that aspect specifically, it seems.

I want to know the answer... !!!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
And that would make a difference to [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION] since she is concerned about that aspect specifically, it seems.

I want to know the answer... !!!
i'm not concerned with that aspect specifically there's other things that don't fit. give me a 4 description and i will show you every thing that doesn't fit.

Burger King

The people who think you're a four, what's their reasoning? Is it cuh u weird?

Edit: Nvm the question. :)

E9 is an Ego type situated between an ID type (E8) and a Super-Ego type (E1). I think this explains the "stillness" vibe I get from E9, the issues of assertiveness, and overall issues with anger. The ego acts as a mediator.

This might help:
Type 9: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-f...ype-nine-peacemaker-timeless-description.html
Type 4: http://personalitycafe.com/type-4-f...-four-individualist-timeless-description.html

You see more 9 or 4 in you?

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've read that there is under/over-expression and out of touch with expression in each triad (under 7-1-4 over 5-8-2 and out 6-9-3). That's actually a pretty easy trait to pick up on when I think of that, so maybe that would help. I can't really tell if you're a 4 that much.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
here's something i answered in bold for [MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION] in http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...-really-special-4w5-i-don-t-want-special.html

Hmmm. And it's not a temporary feeling that's gotten worse (you haven't been feeling down or been having a rough time recently)? You've felt it your whole life that you're not just different, but missing something fundamental others have?

If you're the latter, then maybe I was wrong. What about other 4 qualities? Do you identify with the rest of them or are some of them a bit hazy too:

- strive for authenticity (especially in relation to a perceived lack in others)no
- pretentious and arrogant at times, yet insecure at othersno, mostly just insecure
- deeply introspective, self-absorbed and highly self-aware. You feel like you're not only living your life but watching yourself live it simultaneously.only in my dreams
- regularly get lost in your own feelings and enjoy exploring your own dark side without fearyes
- drawn to aestheticsno
- cultivate a sense of identity based on what emotionally resonates with youno
- have a personal ideal you attempt to live up to, but ultimately fail tono
- have a melancholy streak yes
- conceal inner feelings out of fear of being judgedmost of the time
- want to be "rescued" by a lover and soul-mate use to
- generally empathicbasically
- moody and temperamentalyup
- feel alone and misunderstoodnot all the time, it's more of i think people hide their true idenity which makes me feel this way, when in reality 99% of the population is like me, and they understand me more than i give them credit for
- generally socially ineptyes
- a bit of a drama queen - like to imagine the world is more exciting and dramatic than it really isthat's bullcrap, the world is exiciting you just have to look at it through the right lenses
- sensitiveyeah
- expressive and yet restrainedjust restrained

Writing all these down just makes me realise how confusing this is could be for INFXs because a lot of this crosses over (or is at least associated with INFXs). Maybe that's what happened with you [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION].

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
The people who think you're a four, what's their reasoning? Is it cuh u weird?

Edit: Nvm the question. :)

E9 is an Ego type situated between an ID type (E8) and a Super-Ego type (E1). I think this explains the "stillness" vibe I get from E9, the issues of assertiveness, and overall issues with anger. The ego acts as a mediator.

This might help:
Type 9: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-f...ype-nine-peacemaker-timeless-description.html
Type 4: http://personalitycafe.com/type-4-f...-four-individualist-timeless-description.html

You see more 9 or 4 in you?
yeah 9 :shrug: but that 9 description seems off i've read ones that I've resonated better with, 4 on the other hand i don't really resonate with no matter what description i read, its always like i can sorta kinda relate but not really. maybe I'm not a 9 either. I don't know I really don't

Burger King

yeah 9 :shrug: but that 9 description seems off i've read ones that I've resonated better with, 4 on the other hand i don't really resonate with no matter what description i read, its always like i can sorta kinda relate but not really. maybe I'm not a 9 either. I don't know I really don't

Then you're a 9. It would be cool if you could link the 9 description that you relate to. How you deal with stressful situations, how you cope, might reveal some stuff, ie:

-Dissociation - basically going through the motions and shutting anything out that is unpleasant/some form of apathy.
-Escape into fantasies - if so, are they usually pleasant/unpleasant?
-Indulge in activities - perhaps video games or going to parties or indulging in hobbies, anything to occupy the mind from the pain.
-Being active - continuing with work to get your mind off of the stress.
-Dissecting and analyzing the thing that's making you unhappy.
-Etc...etc...

Whatever, I'm still learning and refining my knowledge of enneagram and it's application...kind of a hobby of mine, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm beating around the bush.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Then you're a 9. It would be cool if you could link the 9 description that you relate to. How you deal with stressful situations, how you cope, might reveal some stuff, ie:

-Dissociation - basically going through the motions and shutting anything out that is unpleasant/some form of apathy.yes
-Escape into fantasies - if so, are they usually pleasant/unpleasant? yes, usually unpleasant
-Indulge in activities - perhaps video games or going to parties or indulging in hobbies, anything to occupy the mind from the pain.si senor
-Being active - continuing with work to get your mind off of the stress.not really
-Dissecting and analyzing the thing that's making you unhappy.sometimes, but usually i close my eyes and hope it goes away
-Etc...etc...

Whatever, I'm still learning and refining my knowledge of enneagram and it's application...kind of a hobby of mine, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm beating around the bush.
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typenine.asp

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i'm too delusional about myself to figure out my enneatype so i think i'll never know, which is ok i suppose because i got this far in life without knowing but id like to know

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think there are alot of stereotypes about type 4 such as emotional people are 4's. If you dislike yourself and are frequently depressed you are a 4. If you seek attention for being unique you're a 4. Etc. I don't know you in real life and I don't know you well enough to ennea-type you but the way you come across on the forum as being rather moody and attention seeking could be why some see you as type 4.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think there are alot of stereotypes about type 4 such as emotional people are 4's. If you dislike yourself and are frequently depressed you are a 4. If you seek attention for being unique you're a 4. Etc. I don't know you in real life and I don't know you well enough to ennea-type you but the way you come across on the forum as being rather moody and attention seeking could be why some see you as type 4.
I'm the opposite of moody in real life. on here is the only place i feel comfortable expressing myself, and i'll happily sit in a corner by myself and don't demand shit from others

also other attention seeking for being unique don't get called 4s. and I don't seek attention for being unique i seek attention to understand how to fit in.