User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: to people who think I'm a 4

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    And that would make a difference to @prplchknz since she is concerned about that aspect specifically, it seems.

I want to know the answer... !!!
    i'm not concerned with that aspect specifically there's other things that don't fit. give me a 4 description and i will show you every thing that doesn't fit.
    by @magpie

The people who think you're a four, what's their reasoning? Is it cuh u weird?

Edit: Nvm the question.

E9 is an Ego type situated between an ID type (E8) and a Super-Ego type (E1). I think this explains the "stillness" vibe I get from E9, the issues of assertiveness, and overall issues with anger. The ego acts as a mediator.

This might help:
    Type 9: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...scription.html
    Type 4: http://personalitycafe.com/type-4-fo...scription.html

You see more 9 or 4 in you?

Senor Membrae Array Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

I've read that there is under/over-expression and out of touch with expression in each triad (under 7-1-4 over 5-8-2 and out 6-9-3). That's actually a pretty easy trait to pick up on when I think of that, so maybe that would help. I can't really tell if you're a 4 that much.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    yupp

here's something i answered in bold for @Southern Kross in http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...t-special.html

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Hmmm. And it's not a temporary feeling that's gotten worse (you haven't been feeling down or been having a rough time recently)? You've felt it your whole life that you're not just different, but missing something fundamental others have?

If you're the latter, then maybe I was wrong. What about other 4 qualities? Do you identify with the rest of them or are some of them a bit hazy too:

- strive for authenticity (especially in relation to a perceived lack in others)no
    - pretentious and arrogant at times, yet insecure at othersno, mostly just insecure
    - deeply introspective, self-absorbed and highly self-aware. You feel like you're not only living your life but watching yourself live it simultaneously.only in my dreams
    - regularly get lost in your own feelings and enjoy exploring your own dark side without fearyes
    - drawn to aestheticsno
    - cultivate a sense of identity based on what emotionally resonates with youno
    - have a personal ideal you attempt to live up to, but ultimately fail tono
    - have a melancholy streak yes
    - conceal inner feelings out of fear of being judgedmost of the time
    - want to be "rescued" by a lover and soul-mate use to
    - generally empathicbasically
    - moody and temperamentalyup
    - feel alone and misunderstoodnot all the time, it's more of i think people hide their true idenity which makes me feel this way, when in reality 99% of the population is like me, and they understand me more than i give them credit for
    - generally socially ineptyes
    - a bit of a drama queen - like to imagine the world is more exciting and dramatic than it really isthat's bullcrap, the world is exiciting you just have to look at it through the right lenses
    - sensitiveyeah
    - expressive and yet restrainedjust restrained

Writing all these down just makes me realise how confusing this is could be for INFXs because a lot of this crosses over (or is at least associated with INFXs). Maybe that's what happened with you @prplchknz.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The people who think you're a four, what's their reasoning? Is it cuh u weird?

Edit: Nvm the question.

E9 is an Ego type situated between an ID type (E8) and a Super-Ego type (E1). I think this explains the "stillness" vibe I get from E9, the issues of assertiveness, and overall issues with anger. The ego acts as a mediator.

This might help:
    Type 9: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...scription.html
    Type 4: http://personalitycafe.com/type-4-fo...scription.html

You see more 9 or 4 in you?
    yeah 9 but that 9 description seems off i've read ones that I've resonated better with, 4 on the other hand i don't really resonate with no matter what description i read, its always like i can sorta kinda relate but not really. maybe I'm not a 9 either. I don't know I really don't
    by @magpie

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah 9 but that 9 description seems off i've read ones that I've resonated better with, 4 on the other hand i don't really resonate with no matter what description i read, its always like i can sorta kinda relate but not really. maybe I'm not a 9 either. I don't know I really don't
    Then you're a 9. It would be cool if you could link the 9 description that you relate to. How you deal with stressful situations, how you cope, might reveal some stuff, ie:

-Dissociation - basically going through the motions and shutting anything out that is unpleasant/some form of apathy.
    -Escape into fantasies - if so, are they usually pleasant/unpleasant?
    -Indulge in activities - perhaps video games or going to parties or indulging in hobbies, anything to occupy the mind from the pain.
    -Being active - continuing with work to get your mind off of the stress.
    -Dissecting and analyzing the thing that's making you unhappy.
    -Etc...etc...

Whatever, I'm still learning and refining my knowledge of enneagram and it's application...kind of a hobby of mine, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm beating around the bush.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Then you're a 9. It would be cool if you could link the 9 description that you relate to. How you deal with stressful situations, how you cope, might reveal some stuff, ie:

-Dissociation - basically going through the motions and shutting anything out that is unpleasant/some form of apathy.yes
    -Escape into fantasies - if so, are they usually pleasant/unpleasant? yes, usually unpleasant
    -Indulge in activities - perhaps video games or going to parties or indulging in hobbies, anything to occupy the mind from the pain.si senor
    -Being active - continuing with work to get your mind off of the stress.not really
    -Dissecting and analyzing the thing that's making you unhappy.sometimes, but usually i close my eyes and hope it goes away
    -Etc...etc...

Whatever, I'm still learning and refining my knowledge of enneagram and it's application...kind of a hobby of mine, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm beating around the bush.
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typenine.asp
    by @magpie

MBTI
    yupp

i'm too delusional about myself to figure out my enneatype so i think i'll never know, which is ok i suppose because i got this far in life without knowing but id like to know
    by @magpie

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think there are alot of stereotypes about type 4 such as emotional people are 4's. If you dislike yourself and are frequently depressed you are a 4. If you seek attention for being unique you're a 4. Etc. I don't know you in real life and I don't know you well enough to ennea-type you but the way you come across on the forum as being rather moody and attention seeking could be why some see you as type 4.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I think there are alot of stereotypes about type 4 such as emotional people are 4's. If you dislike yourself and are frequently depressed you are a 4. If you seek attention for being unique you're a 4. Etc. I don't know you in real life and I don't know you well enough to ennea-type you but the way you come across on the forum as being rather moody and attention seeking could be why some see you as type 4.
    I'm the opposite of moody in real life. on here is the only place i feel comfortable expressing myself, and i'll happily sit in a corner by myself and don't demand shit from others

also other attention seeking for being unique don't get called 4s. and I don't seek attention for being unique i seek attention to understand how to fit in.
    by @magpie