• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Your Enneagram Health Level?

What's Your Enneagram Health Level?

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 4 11.8%

Votes: 8 23.5%

Votes: 7 20.6%

Votes: 7 20.6%

Votes: 5 14.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why is this thread being rated as "bad?"

I don't see anything objectionable in here. It's not saying anywhere that certain enneagram types are healthier than others. Just that there are variations in level of health for all the types.

Or are people just not interested in this sort of thing?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Level 3 and holding

Iván Elías

I picked five, because I have more weak moments than strong ones.

But a healthy level one just sounds so liberating and serene. I would like to get there one day. :)

That being said, I can't totally relate to the type nine description, but it matches my temperament well enough to where I can use it to help myself grow.

Fair 9, fair 5. I could be level 3 sometimes, but level 5 is average the most of the time. I know level 6... nobody likes it. INTP's feels more like music.

And your avatar provokes me compassion..

Iván Elías

I don't see anything objectionable in here. It's not saying anywhere that certain enneagram types are healthier than others. Just that there are variations in level of health for all the types.

The people who voted may be not NT as we are. So it seems.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Kind of around level 3. The level 1-2 desc. for type 7 sound way too "fantastic", while the level 4 sounds like someone in deeep trouble!

Iván Elías

Kind of around level 3. The level 1-2 desc. for type 7 sound way too "fantastic", while the level 4 sounds like someone in deeep trouble!

Level 4: As restlessness increases, want to have more options and choices available to them. Become adventurous and "worldly wise," but less focused, constantly seeking new things and experiences: the sophisticate, connoisseur, and consumer. Money, variety, keeping up with the latest trends important.

Level 5: Unable to discriminate what they really need, become hyperactive, unable to say "no" to themselves, throwing self into constant activity. Uninhibited, doing and saying whatever comes to mind: storytelling, flamboyant exaggerations, witty wise-cracking, performing. Fear being bored: in perpetual motion, but do too many things—many ideas but little follow through.

Not seems so much trouble to me. It's more like skidding the hill... slowly... and with denial. Level 5 is annoying.

Silveresque

Personality Cafe says I'm a 6w5, and I might be...But the levels of development for type 6 don't fit me. I'm probably level 5...I can sort of twist it around to make it fit.

Little_Sticks

People could have different descriptions for each type they are basing this off of and most don't share that, making this somewhat ambiguous and moot for anyone curious about what people are referring to as themselves.

Ygolo makes a good point.

I know, I'm annoying. But it's important for healthy communication, if this is going to be what is talked about.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm at about a level 7. I'm pretty damn unhealthy right now.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oscillating between 2-4, but mostly 2-3 these days.

I've been down to 7.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It depends on which area of life we are talking about. I honestly recognize myself in all levels. 1 is something i rarely reach but ive been there. 2-5 is where I live on things that I feel confident about. Things Im still struggling with typically have me between 4-9, with the occasional moments of 2 and 3...

T

The Iron Giant

I'm surprised how much time I spend in the upper third.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think currently I average at 3, this includes regular moments of 4 and 2 and very rare instances of 5. From 2005 to 2008 I functioned mainly between 6 and 8 (may have touched 9, not sure) and have been working my way up since.

I spend most of my time at 5 when I'm not trying and don't really have anything to do.

"Active, but disengaged, unreflective, and inattentive. Do not want to be affected, so become unresponsive and complacent, walking away from problems, and "sweeping them under the rug." Thinking becomes hazy and ruminative, mostly comforting fantasies, as they begin to "tune out" reality, becoming oblivious. Emotionally indolent, unwillingness to exert self or to focus on problems: indifference."

All this is much more true than I would like it to be.

A real sense of purpose bumps me up to a 2 or 3 and I plummeted down to an 8 when I was severely depressed.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd say right now I go between 2 and 5, with mostly 4 but shooting for 3. I sometimes reach level 1 after meditating.

I've dropped down to 7-8 before, and hovered more between 4-6 before I started doing yoga and meditating regularly.

One of the yoga books I'm reading recommends dropping your politics; completely for a while. Something about a large tree being able to give shade, but a small tree needing a fence. I'm still a small tree, and in order to develop a calm center, I'm going to have to stop involving myself in strife that doesn't have anything to do with me, so that when I grow into a large tree with a calm center THEN I can be more "involved" without getting carried way BY IT.

I also am using this recommendation to make myself disengage from anything that is sucking me in too much.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah...so... I'm starting to think I may not be a 5. Because, nothing in the 1-9 health level descriptions/drivers for 5 really resonates with me. otoh, when I first joined this site, I thought I was a 4, and the 4 descriptors seem much more apt; they 'speak' to me more, and seem to hone in more on what happens to me when I'm less optimal. I probably just have a strong 5 fix, AND I think too easily sit in the level 5 health level for a 4... which would bring on introverted/analytical/withdrawn tendencies even more. Old habits die hard. But I sense improvement on that front, and I'm making some changes.

G

Glycerine

Whatever type's main defense mechanism is avoidance (emotions, people, etc.), that's the type I am and I am at average levels at best. :D

The_Observer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w1
I hate to be the outlier but I'm at level 1 most of the time. Over the past year I have waged an all out war on fear and pain. I assert myself. I argue. I experience my emotions. I determine what I want and I embrace everything in my experience. I've been as low as an 8 in my younger years but I've also been studying psychology for almost half my short life. I could share my story here but I'm new so I'll do that somewhere else. I would say that I owe a great deal of it to my mother though. She has a type 8 and her will power is admirable. I learned from a tough woman.

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say I'm either level 2 or 3. Based on the enneagram site, the descriptions for both levels mostly fit me, and I can't tell how 2 is healthier than 3 from what it says. So, I just went with 3.