• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram-centered insomnia research

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Decided to do some insomnia research just because :3 even if you don't have any sleep problems it'll still be helpful if you answer the form.

If you don't know your tritype, take this test to figure it out
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp

and then just fill out this
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?pli=1&formkey=dGpZWW1iU1VjUTI2R2NCa2VsZTVielE6MQ#gid=0

thanks for everyone who fills it out

my prediction: 3s and 6s will be most likely to have sleep problems, followed closely by 1s, 5s, and 9s.

2s, 4s, 7s, and 8s i think will be less likely to have sleep problems

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a 6 with a 3 in my tri-type. I do have insomnia at times.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4-5-1 tritype, I get insomnia in times of deep emotional stress.

G

Ginkgo

4-5-9. Insomnia starts due to emotional stress, and persists when lacking discipline to sleep appropriately. Most of my life is marked by not being able to mentally relax enough to settle down, even when exhausted.

Jennahumphrey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a 4 with I believe a 6x9 stacking.

I have narcolepsy, which causes insomnia. I am sleepy and sluggish during many parts of the day and then wired at night. This is partially because I do not want to go to sleep because I am worried about the phase between being awake and sleeping when I will start hallucinating, another symptom of narcolepsy.

Aside from my sleep disorder, I believe a part of my insomnia comes from my instinctual variant (sexual) and the inherently sexual nature Fours. I do not mean this in a literal sense, but more in the sense that Fours will tend to "come alive" at night while feeling lethargic and weighed down by the mundane daytime hours.

Jennahumphrey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a 4 with I believe a 6x9 stacking.

I have narcolepsy, which causes insomnia. I am sleepy and sluggish during many parts of the day and then wired at night. This is partially because I do not want to go to sleep because I am worried about the phase between being awake and sleeping when I will start hallucinating, another symptom of narcolepsy.

Aside from my sleep disorder, I believe a part of my insomnia comes from my instinctual variant (sexual) and the inherently sexual nature Fours. I do not mean this in a literal sense, but more in the sense that Fours will tend to "come alive" at night while feeling lethargic and weighed down by the mundane daytime hours.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i am a 6w7 sx/so. i am not sure of my tritype. maybe 638, 639, 649, 648.

i don't have any insomnia. short of when i choose to stay up late and play around on the internets instead of sleeping. :happy2:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
7w8, no sign of insomnia.

A

Anew Leaf

I have been an insomniac since I was probably 3 years old.

I am 4w5.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it comes and goes, but i've had problems sleeping since i was a kid. 4w5, probably 479 tritype.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
every 5 or 5 wing i've met?

in general it's a product of anxiety disrupting/overriding normal biorhythms. severe body stress can also obviously play a part.

A

Anew Leaf

Lol, I thought of this thread this morning as I couldn't fall asleep last night until past 2 and then was wide awake at 6. I should probably stop reading in bed.

*posts second time*

In contrast my dad who is 5w6 can make himself fall asleep instantly just by telling himself "It's time to sleep."

*sighs*

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't have insomnia, and I've never had insomnia. I've always been able to go to sleep quickly, and stay asleep all night.

However, I tend to make really stupid decisions regarding sleep when I'm stressed.

G

garbage

I peg myself as 3w4-5w6-1w9, or somesuch. Test corroborates, and pegs me as:

Type.1 .........
Type.2 .
Type.3 ...............
Type.4 ...
Type.5 ...........
Type.6 .......
Type.7 .....
Type.8 ...
Type.9 .........

I sure do have insomia, all the time. Thank God for Ambien--the miracle drug.

G

Glycerine

5w6-9w1-3w4 (99% sure) Oh dear, I have insomnia a lot especially when there is some sort of emotional upheaval and there is no way to escape the source.