User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I concur. I have the same issues sometimes. When I'm stressed out or upset, I'll go get myself a book or candy or something "because I deserve it for having gone through all that mess." It's not as negative as it sounds, though. It certainly improves my morale and makes me want to get out of the mess I'm in. I also can get hypersensitive to my environment to the point that I can get an anxiety attack from too much sensation (when it might be something as small as the AC unit making a humming noise or someone tapping their foot...it'll drive me mad).

And as with Kiddo, the more energy I have put out of myself, the less these things occur.
    Well, as a 4, I would disagree that we are "materialistic" and surround ourselves with as much luxury as we can afford. I've never heard that. And I'm totolly not that. However, I am sensitive emotionally. And thus, do pamper myself with some sort of creature comfort if I am hurt. But, don't most people? You're hurt. So what do you do? You try and comfort yourself. Usually that includes some creature comfort. So, I'm rather disappointed in this description. I think it's inaccurate and overgeneralized.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
    Well, as a 4, I would disagree that we are "materialistic" and surround ourselves with as much luxury as we can afford. I've never heard that. And I'm totolly not that. However, I am sensitive emotionally. And thus, do pamper myself with some sort of creature comfort if I am hurt. But, don't most people? You're hurt. So what do you do? You try and comfort yourself. Usually that includes some creature comfort. So, I'm rather disappointed in this description. I think it's inaccurate and overgeneralized.
    Are you a self preservational four?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Yes, that's what's being discussed, Alesia.

An sx Four (among others) would manifest differently.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

When i am stressed i definitely turn to some of the things mentioned, a big tub of ice cream or a large pizza usually solves 99% of my problems.

oh and i am an sp 4
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFP

Oh dear. So sorry. I don't really know. Where can you find that out? I would think that I am. I certainly do whatever I can to preserve and protect my feelngs. I am a 4x3, which is an Enneagram type I don't come across much. I'm very ambitious, like the 4x3 description says. But not materialistic. Although I do surround myself with beautiful things, like paintings, pottery, flowers, etc. My furniture is high priced, because I have them custom made. They have to be original, you know.

Edit: Okay I took an Enneagram test and here are the results:

You are most likely a type 4 (the Individualist) with 3 wing

Sexual variant

Type 4 SX
    Type 6 SX
    Type 2 SP
    Type 7 SO
    Type 3 SX
    Type 9 SX
    Type 1 SP
    Type 8 SO
    Type 5 SP

So I guess I'm an SX four. I'll have to add that to my sig.

Enneagram Type 4 - The Individualist

Instinctual variants

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

To all the SP 4s out there is this statement true for you?

Self-Pres Fours are particularly sensitive to comfort issues—the temperature of a room, the quality of the lighting, the humidity or lack of it, the weather—all produce powerful emotional responses. Self-Pres Fours become frustrated that the environment is insufficiently attuned to their personal needs
    Last edited by Sunshine; 05-30-2008 at 12:24 PM.

MBTI
    OMNi

I feel best when it is raining. If it is too hot, too cold, too dry, too humid, too sunny, etc. then I feel moody and have much lower tolerance for other people. Perhaps my affection for the rain is indicative of my personal needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Thanks for the feedback guys. =)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

To all the SP 4s out there is this statement true for you?
    I'd say that yes, this statement is mostly true for me, i especially can't stand to be hot.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INXJ

I’m slightly more 5 than 4, but score high enough on 4 for it to be my main type and can identify with many 4 issues. I’m a lot more disciplined about diet today, but when I was younger I did my share of indulging in rich foods and substances including alcohol, cigarettes, chewing tobacco (which you’d never guess by my clean cut appearance). I was trying to generate a warm, glowing, comforting substance inside of my emptiness and lonliness, like building a fire in cold darkness. I’m one of those people who’s perpetually slender no matter what or how much I eat, but my problem is that overeating makes me feel empty and depressed after I’m finished. I can get high while I’m stuffing myself then deflated afterward when it doesn’t work and I still felt empty inside. Mood stabilization is important for 4s, who try to hold onto intense feelings.

4s fear lack of substance, that they are nothing. Materialism for SP 4s is not about status like for 3’s, but about substance. They want to be exceptional and unique, like their favorite work of art or music, and want to see this reflected on their style and surroundings. They hate the idea of being seen as generic. They imagine that other people they idealize have the treasured qualities they fear they lack. You might know a 4 and think, “this person is really fascinating and enigmatic,” but the 4 doesn’t always feel that way and often dreads that the opposite is true.

The paradox is that 4’s feel that “nobody gets them”, yet they fear being average, nothing special. But if they were really average, they would be easy to "get".
    "Space was big, and the boys from Earth were awed despite themselves by the things they found there: but worse, their science was in a mess. Every race they met on their way through the Core had a star drive based on a different theory. All those theories worked, even when they ruled out one another’s basic assumptions. You could travel between the stars, it began to seem, by assuming anything.”

—M. John Harrison, “Light”