• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Type 5 Tritypes

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/11/enneagram-tritype-descriptions-type.html

^^^
How accurate are these descriptions for you?

5-3-9: these Fives might strike others as rather pleasant and cooperative persons, but they are usually more ambitious and purposeful than they let on. They are goal-oriented individualists who dream of achieving an impressive and long-lasting success in their field – they secretly desire becoming famous and leaving their mark on the world. These Fives are also more dependent on outer validation than others – they care more about their image and the way others perceive and react to them, therefore they might seem a little more conventional and mainstream in their behavior.
typical subtypes: social, self-preserving, balanced wings
similar tritypes: 5-9-3, 9-5-3
flavours: cunning, congenial, goal-oriented and flexible

"These people might strike others as rather pleasant and cooperative persons"
I guess, not really sure what people think of me.

"But they are usually more ambitious and purposeful than they let on"
Truth.

"They are goal-oriented individualists who dream of achieving an impressive and long-lasting success in their field – they secretly desire becoming famous and leaving their mark on the world."
For the most part true.

"These Fives are also more dependent on outer validation than others – they care more about their image and the way others perceive and react to them"
I can believe this.

"therefore they might seem a little more conventional and mainstream in their behavior."
Don't really know any other 5s irl to compare to.

"typical subtypes: social, self-preserving, balanced wings"
SX instinct, but ya, balanced wings.

"flavours: cunning, congenial, goal-oriented and flexible"
Yes.

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
The last Tritype result I got was 5-8-4.

5-8-4: original, rebellious, temperamental and highly individualistic and independent, these Fives are can be extremely self-focused and mostly unconcerned with other people’s feelings and wants. They are often inspired and have great vision which they strive to turn into reality – they have a practical side which helps them. Although brilliant and resourceful, others may find it hard to deal with their self-important, narcissistic behavior and their oversensitivity to frustration – their violent reactions can be scary.

resourceful, defiant, visionary and reactive

I'm making an intense effort on smoothing out my rough spots and becoming more polished and refined. It's slow and struggling at times and the road is rough but there's a better me within me, if that makes any sense. :)

khys

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Interesting. This is quite accurate.

5-8-3: a more ambitious, materialistic and dominant Five, who has a talent for leadership and a desire for achievement. More competitive and assertive than others, these Fives manage to get out of their shells more often to experience life in a more direct manner and obtain a position of power and success. Although still reserved and secretive, they exude a certain amount of self-confidence and strength which prevents their true vulnerabilities from being guessed by others (a huge fear of this tritype).
typical subtypes: social, self-preserving, 5w6 (counterphobic wing)
similar tritypes: 5-3-8, 8-5-3
flavours: poised, ambitious, domineering and territorial

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5-9-2: rather easy-going, modest and amiable, these Fives are usually pleasant to have around because of their friendly nature and deeper understanding of the human needs and frailties. They are less judgemental and critical than other Fives and prefer to focus on the better side of things and people and work on exploring and improving these. They also have a somewhat holistic approach to life’s problems and questions – they tend to prefer the general to the particular and aren’t always very scientifically thorough.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-2-9, 9-5-2
flavours: agreeable, relaxed, friendly and spiritual

Sounds fairly accurate to me - I identify strongly with much of what's said here, esp. the bolded descriptor. Some people (including myself) have challenged my status as a Type 5 and/or INTP due to this trait of mine.
Also, this description nailed me with the "typical subtypes" as well. (5w4 sp/so) :happy2:

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
5-9-3: these Fives are naturally diplomatic, peaceful and somewhat charismatic. They care about harmony and balance and are a bit anxious of people’s rejection and disapproval. Very sentient and tactful, they know how to reach their objectives without causing much fuss around them – they go with the flow and adapt to people and situations in a facile manner. They’re the type of people that others don’t see coming, skillfully speculating opportunities to their advantage while keeping a low profile.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w6
similar tritypes: 5-3-9, 9-5-3
flavours: tactful, well-mannered, collected and adaptable

This is my tritype, I'm 5 but not very intellectual 5, I'm temperamental person and it made me more 4ish. ..If I didn't get what I want or my goal/plan didn't go well, I get angry and more childish tendency. Like 592, I can focus on the better side of things and people.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The last Tritype result I got was 5-8-4.

5-8-4: original, rebellious, temperamental and highly individualistic and independent, these Fives are can be extremely self-focused and mostly unconcerned with other people’s feelings and wants. They are often inspired and have great vision which they strive to turn into reality – they have a practical side which helps them. Although brilliant and resourceful, others may find it hard to deal with their self-important, narcissistic behavior and their oversensitivity to frustration – their violent reactions can be scary.

resourceful, defiant, visionary and reactive

I'm making an intense effort on smoothing out my rough spots and becoming more polished and refined. It's slow and struggling at times and the road is rough but there's a better me within me, if that makes any sense. :)

I'm probably a 5-8-4, too.

"Intense effort"...I like that.

G

Glycerine

5-9-3: these Fives are naturally diplomatic, peaceful and somewhat charismatic. They care about harmony and balance and are a bit anxious of people’s rejection and disapproval. Very sentient and tactful, they know how to reach their objectives without causing much fuss around them – they go with the flow and adapt to people and situations in a facile manner. They’re the type of people that others don’t see coming, skillfully speculating opportunities to their advantage while keeping a low profile.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w6
similar tritypes: 5-3-9, 9-5-3
flavours: tactful, well-mannered, collected and adaptable

This is my tritype, I'm 5 but not very intellectual 5, I'm temperamental person and it made me more 4ish. ..If I didn't get what I want or my goal/plan didn't go well, I get angry and more childish tendency. Like 592, I can focus on the better side of things and people.
I am the same tritype. I can relate a lot to what you said... I used to be a lot more intellectually bent when I was younger but I still remain fairly intellectual in my personal life, if that makes sense.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5-3-9 as well. Fits perfectly.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm still not sure of my tritype. I'm guessing this one is most fitting:

5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured

Pretty accurate, actually :D