• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Enneagram Test Do You Use?

Trobon

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hello Everyone,
I am wondering what Enneagram test some of you have used to find out what you are. I took one online that I felt was fairly simple and I got 5w6, but it was very close to 5w4 so I wanted to take a test that was more detailed. So what have you taken?

Thanks in advance

am_i_evil666

yeah, really. what enneagram test is more....reliable let's say?
cause i took some tests on the internet and they all showed different results :crazy:

Trobon

MBTI Type
INTJ
This test really set my straight on my type. 102 questions featuring a preference scale. (Not just Yes or No)
Free Jung + Enneagram Personality Test

The one I was having trouble with was the short version of that test. I just took the longer version though and I am worse off than before. I got 60% for type 5 which is my highest and then 54% for types 4 and 6. I apparently have no wing or they are in some sort of perfect balance.

I got INTJ again and I have a sexual variant.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
The one I was having trouble with was the short version of that test. I just took the longer version though and I am worse off than before. I got 60% for type 5 which is my highest and then 54% for types 4 and 6. I apparently have no wing or they are in some sort of perfect balance.

I got INTJ again and I have a sexual variant.

Well, here's an even longer version, 126 questions, just Enneagram
Advanced Enneagram Personality Test

Trobon

MBTI Type
INTJ
hmmm... interesting. This time I got a 5w4 with the 4 being 60% and the 6 being 53%. It seems the more in depth the test the more of a 4 I am, but I'm not entirely sure why.

Thanks for all of your help though. It has been fairly illuminating to see the results. I think whichever way I lean I am fairly close.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'd never taken the third link that Dansker offered; it identified me as a Type Eight, though my results usually show me to be a Type One.

Trobon

MBTI Type
INTJ

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks, MetalWounds! I've used the test you suggested. Now I also know my enneagram type... (3 sx/so/sp)

mikeQ

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Trobon figuring out your Enneagram personality style is the main thing, as is using it as a tool to develop your awareness of yourself. Focussing on the wings is for graduate school to use an analogy.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can have a lot superficial traits that belong to one type and score as that type when you relate to another one more. I know that when I first started taking Enneagram tests, I often scored as a Five. I related to the desire for insight and the fear of showing my emotions. But as I learned more about the types themselves, I learned that those characteristics spring from my deeper Fourness. I accumulate insight because it makes me unique and enables me to express myself, not because I want to arm myself against a harsh reality. And I fear showing my emotions because I don't want to be rejected and embarrassed, not because I think I'll be overwhelmed. Those are Fourish characteristics, and tests interpret them as Fivish. This is why you should take tests with a barrel of salt and focus on type profiles instead.