• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

and what about NO wing?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those who fit a wing are going to 'believe' more in the wing system (and perhaps its global applicability) than those who don't.

You are right about that. I don't feel like I have much of a wing, so it's harder for the concept to resonate with me. It seems like it is a clock with the hour hand pointing somewhere. If you are dead on pointing towards 2, you have little wing. If you are 1/3 of the way towards 3, you have a relatively strong 3 wing.

W

WALMART

The nine is known as having possession of all traits; to say one has no wing is to exemplify the nine perfectly.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't read this thread in-depth but my impression is that you don't really have to identify strongly or even very much with one wing type or other. ie. I'm pretty convinced I'm a type 6, but I don't identify much with type 5 and hardly at all with type 7. However, I've looked into what both type 6w5 and type 6w7 are supposed to be like, and I identify quite strongly with 6w5, and somewhat with 6w7. I've concluded that I have fairly balanced wings but I lean towards 6w5.

So I view it more as that the wing gives you a certain flavour of your primary type, rather than thinking that you do or don't strongly identify with the wing as a sort of secondary type.

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
The wings exist for a reason. An enneagram type is a mash up of their two neighboring types, and you will naturally have tendencies from them both, whether you know it or not. And one "side" will be more naturally dominant.

My question was going to be something similar. If an Enneagram type really is a mash up between two neihbouring types then a dominant wing exists because you cannot place your little dot at the very centre of your type's 40 degree arc. People with NO wing therefore, as someone else has pointed out in another post to this thread, are really those with equal wings and whose little dot is right in the centre of the 40 degree arc. What implications this has for the strength of the equal wings on a person to person basis is another story.