• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do any of you traits of your wing under stress?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Do any of you take on the negative traits of both your core type and your wing under stress? For instance I am a 6w7 and I take on both the 6 and 7 traits under stress: I get very paranoid, strongly anxious, think everything is going to hell like a 6, but also escape from my problems, turn to hedonism, drink and do some drugs, and even act like the problems that I have don't even exist.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also a 6w7, and I definitely wallow in 7's negative qualities during times of stress. Hedonism is my escapism.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, I haven't felt particularly stressed in quite a long time, apart from some mild momentary lapses of frustration that I can easily shake off. But thinking back quite some time in my younger years, especially during a time of great personal upheaval. I think I mostly took on the negative traits of my wing (8), whilest none of the negative traits of my core.

Particularly megalomania, feeling invincible and being very reckless.

But that might also be because the negative traits of my core are in direct conflict with me being INTP, so taking on those negative traits seem pretty much impossible. I'm certain I am core 9.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes definitely... I don know what that means but for sure I do

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes definitely... I don know what that means but for sure I do

7w6s under stress can go into a "mental hamster wheel", over thinking things and mentally bouncing around like a ping pong ball. they will probably become more doubtful and seek reassurance from others. during such periods, they often over complicate things, contradict themselves and can have a "beating a dead horse" quality to them. 7w8s on the other hand go the opposite direction. they become increasingly impulsive, thrill/intensity seeking, turn more to the physical world for escape and can fluctuate between workaholism and complacency

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What would a stressed 4w5 look like in this case?

Silveresque

No. I have virtually nothing in common with type 1, which is why I think I may be wingless. However...if I somehow turn out to be a 6w5 (not sure yet if that's even possible), then yes, very much.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
No. I have virtually nothing in common with type 1, which is why I think I may be wingless. However...if I somehow turn out to be a 6w5 (not sure yet if that's even possible), then yes, very much.

You're probably 6w5 then.

Burger King

I fall into apathy quite often (3 disintegration to 9), more so than emotional clinginess (4 disintegration to 2). In fact, whenever I sense that I'm being clingy or needy, I avoid at all cost to appear that way to others and so I withdraw to avoid this.

I've read that Naranjo himself disagreed with the arrow of disintegration/integration theory (he didn't think it was as straight forward).

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Do any of you take on the negative traits of both your core type and your wing under stress? For instance I am a 6w7 and I take on both the 6 and 7 traits under stress: I get very paranoid, strongly anxious, think everything is going to hell like a 6, but also escape from my problems, turn to hedonism, drink and do some drugs, and even act like the problems that I have don't even exist.

Definitely, I relate to this completely. The only difference is the content of my hedonism, I end up trying to distract myself with interaction or food, or obsessive video games or model painting.

G

Glycerine

My 6 wing makes me paranoid and nervous. It really started to show up when I began high school. I would get a daily dose of an adrenaline rush knot in my stomach. I become reactive.

I typically disengage when something's bugging me but then when I can't deal with it anymore, I become reactive like a 6.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
5w6 here, obsessive compulsive, paranoid, and I become more formal and my mind keep thinking faster.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Definitely, I relate to this completely. The only difference is the content of my hedonism, I end up trying to distract myself with interaction or food, or obsessive video games or model painting.

You and I are so similar dude, it's ridiculous

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5w6 here. My 6 shows up under stress but being highly anxious, indecisive, thinking of worst case scenarios. The 6 is mostly phobic but can occasionally be counterphobic where I become overly argumentative and defensive.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Under stress i keep numbing myself out and wishing things would be better, then integration begins. i get lazy

also , if you are a 6w7 like you say, when you deteriorate, do you become like a 3w1?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5w4; I'm not sure what either is like under stress, but I'll just say what I do and maybe it'll be a combo of both, with mbti stuff layered in as well.

I want to isolate myself from others, in more of an extreme sense, become depressed and anxious about things, very self-absorbed and locked in (consumed with my own feelings/issues/thoughts), even though I know it's not good for me, start thinking I suck, and become confused about everything. I also don't feel like doing anything, other than play majonng or doing anything more rote like that, that can keep me doing something but that can also allow me to think about things, and otherwise just want to rest, as stress brings on headaches and more psychosomatic effects.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Not sure if any of you care, but I've actually determined that I am a 7w6 and not a 6w7.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I feel more 8 when I feel powerful good and like a protector or if I am angry because I am not physically relaxed. I think I feel more 6 if I am anxious about something or coming from a place of fear. 5 feels more meditative or contemplative to me. 3 is not a healthy mode for me. I feel 1ish when I have overatching purpose with goals I am working toward.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
My 6 wing makes me paranoid and nervous. It really started to show up when I began high school. I would get a daily dose of an adrenaline rush knot in my stomach. I become reactive.

I typically disengage when something's bugging me but then when I can't deal with it anymore, I become reactive like a 6.

My 6 wing started to show up in high school as well.

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. I relate to 1s, 2s, and 9s all before I relate to 5s (or 3s, my direction of disintegration). Especially 1s.