User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Do any of you traits of your wing under stress?

Do any of you take on the negative traits of both your core type and your wing under stress? For instance I am a 6w7 and I take on both the 6 and 7 traits under stress: I get very paranoid, strongly anxious, think everything is going to hell like a 6, but also escape from my problems, turn to hedonism, drink and do some drugs, and even act like the problems that I have don't even exist.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Also a 6w7, and I definitely wallow in 7's negative qualities during times of stress. Hedonism is my escapism.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hmm, I haven't felt particularly stressed in quite a long time, apart from some mild momentary lapses of frustration that I can easily shake off. But thinking back quite some time in my younger years, especially during a time of great personal upheaval. I think I mostly took on the negative traits of my wing (8), whilest none of the negative traits of my core.

Particularly megalomania, feeling invincible and being very reckless.

But that might also be because the negative traits of my core are in direct conflict with me being INTP, so taking on those negative traits seem pretty much impossible. I'm certain I am core 9.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Yes definitely... I don know what that means but for sure I do
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Yes definitely... I don know what that means but for sure I do
    7w6s under stress can go into a "mental hamster wheel", over thinking things and mentally bouncing around like a ping pong ball. they will probably become more doubtful and seek reassurance from others. during such periods, they often over complicate things, contradict themselves and can have a "beating a dead horse" quality to them. 7w8s on the other hand go the opposite direction. they become increasingly impulsive, thrill/intensity seeking, turn more to the physical world for escape and can fluctuate between workaholism and complacency
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

What would a stressed 4w5 look like in this case?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

No. I have virtually nothing in common with type 1, which is why I think I may be wingless. However...if I somehow turn out to be a 6w5 (not sure yet if that's even possible), then yes, very much.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Silveresque View Post
    No. I have virtually nothing in common with type 1, which is why I think I may be wingless. However...if I somehow turn out to be a 6w5 (not sure yet if that's even possible), then yes, very much.
    You're probably 6w5 then.

I fall into apathy quite often (3 disintegration to 9), more so than emotional clinginess (4 disintegration to 2). In fact, whenever I sense that I'm being clingy or needy, I avoid at all cost to appear that way to others and so I withdraw to avoid this.

I've read that Naranjo himself disagreed with the arrow of disintegration/integration theory (he didn't think it was as straight forward).

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Do any of you take on the negative traits of both your core type and your wing under stress? For instance I am a 6w7 and I take on both the 6 and 7 traits under stress: I get very paranoid, strongly anxious, think everything is going to hell like a 6, but also escape from my problems, turn to hedonism, drink and do some drugs, and even act like the problems that I have don't even exist.
    Definitely, I relate to this completely. The only difference is the content of my hedonism, I end up trying to distract myself with interaction or food, or obsessive video games or model painting.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.