• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So how common are balanced wings anyway?

Etherea

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
I know that each type usually has traits of both wings, but how common is it to have a good amount of traits from both, in all stages of health?

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haven't really seen anyone else with a dual wing. I learned that its really rare. I have been wondering lately if i'm 5w4, but I do have a pretty strong connection with 6 and 4.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty balanced. I read a book once that said people could go either way depending on their emotional state. It's like that for me. The more melancholy I am, the more I recognize my 5wing. Generally, I have a more 4w3 vibe.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not sure. I don't identify with E5 at all, I am like the anti-E5, so I pretty easily point to 6w7 and 4w3 as the top two preferences in my tritype.

Why? Do you identify with both 2w3 and 2w1, and why?

Etherea

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
I'm not sure. I don't identify with E5 at all, I am like the anti-E5, so I pretty easily point to 6w7 and 4w3 as the top two preferences in my tritype.

Why? Do you identify with both 2w3 and 2w1, and why?

I do. Why do I? Lol idk why I do :p I identify strongly with the unhealthy sides, especially the 2w3. Best just to post what I relate to of each. I can if you'd like but I'll do it tomorrow. :)

Etherea

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
Here's a description I found. I bolded what I relate to.

Average 2/1 combines oneish judgment with twoish people-pleasing. 2/1s are tighter and more rigid than 2/3s, but less exacting than 1/2s. They regulate their behavior carefully, in order to stay polite and proper. Overall, they want to put on a happy face, but because of repressed anger (from the one-wing) and repressed personal needs (from the two), their happy face is sometimes pinched with tension. They are less interested in appearing sexy and glamorous than 2/3, and they are more interested in becoming indispensible than 1/2.

balanced and transcendent states

Healthy 2/1s almost always find that their true calling involves helping others grow, often children. They become able to help themselves as wisely and lovingly as they help others. They enjoy watching people find their own calling, accepting the delightful differences among us. Sevenish joy from one's integration combines with fourish depth and empathy from the integration of two. The result is tolerant, patient celebration of growth and diversity.

Advanced 2/1s are in contact at the same time with deep love and inspired wisdom. They are especially good at helping those who are in the most desperate possible situations. They plunge boldy into terrifying scenes and bring glorious hope, love, and healing with them. Usually it is the least self-sufficient who benefit the most from their endless charity.

unbalanced and unhealthy states

Unhealthy 2/1s lose the ability to sense their own needs, and become more likely to actually speak their negative judgments of others. Their increasing self-criticism usually gets repressed, because the vainglory of the two is more powerful in them than the guilt of the one. Their inner conflict is as dangerous and powerful as that of the 1/2, but less visible because it is heavily repressed by self-deception. The most obvious sign of the escalating inner struggle might be increasing facial tension.

Eventually, the breaking point is reached. When two goes to eight, violence erupts. In the name of love, manipulation turns into physical coercion. Self-deception reaches amazing levels as destructive acts are rationalized into hard love. Fourish guilt is submerged and converted into further denial. I am doing this for your own good, and it hurts me more than it hurts you. In the end, "loving confrontations" may generate such hatred and fear in others that psychotic 2/1 may become the target of violence, as well as the origin.

physical appearance

Most 2/1s prefer to dress conservatively, but stylishly. Neatness is important. Nothing too bold or outrageous. Elegance and poise, quietly distinctive with maybe a sparkle of jewelry or a colorful tie. Like 1/2, they hold themselves carefully erect, and sometimes seem to be looking down their nose. They might have a tendency to be a little more formal than is really necessary.

two with a three wing

general description

Average 2/3 is more outward than 2/1. The ambitious vanity of three combines with two's desire to be loved, and the result is someone who is not afraid to step into the spotlight. 2/3s usually have a seductive, playful side, unlike the more serious 2/1s. The three-wing gives them a showy, mainstream kind of appearance-consciousness. The twoish desire to please others is stronger than the threeish desire to be admired, although both desires are present.

balanced and transcendent states

Healthy 2/3s get beyond the immediate desire to please. Image-consciousness and pride drop away and they become able to experience real, heartfelt love. They no longer need the constant reassurance of someone else's admiring gratitude. Two integrates to four, opening up new realms of creative expression, while the three goes to six, bringing in a deeper appreciation of the value of belonging to a real community of friends. They become genuine, loving companions.

An extremely awake 2/3 is someone whose generosity is so continuous and so genuine that it seems to be an inseparable part of the personality.
Never is there even the tiniest hint that anything is expected in return -- in fact, extremely advanced 2/3 sometimes becomes so good at giving that the recipient never finds out where the help came from (or even that it has happened). 2/3 saints somehow encourage the universe to shower gifts on others. Generosity comes through them, not from them.

unbalanced and unhealthy states

Unhealthy 2/3 becomes less able to restrain repressed desires. In a misguided attempt to get others to meet their (unspoken) needs, they manufacture more and more imaginary needs to fill for others. Their intrusive, self-satisfied help causes others to move away. 2/3 may hide the resulting loneliness and anger behind an outwardly carefree appearance, but others can usually see that there is hypocrisy involved.

In the end, very unbalanced 2/3 may break down under the stress. Suddenly the truth will pop out from under the increasingly strained wrappings of self-delusion, and in a desperate effort to paste over the uncomfortable vision, they may fly into an eightish homicidal hysteria or sink into nineish psychotic withdrawal. The repressed feelings of a lifetime might spew out in days or weeks. Relationships that have lasted for years might be discarded like used tissue, leaving others desolate and grief-stricken.

physical appearance

2/3s put a lot of energy into looking good. Many American females wear makeup in almost every public situation, and the males take care to be well-dressed and groomed. Their clothing is usually quite attractive, but not necessarily unique. They like a well-dressed, socially approved kind of sexiness. Some of the most attractive people are young 2/3s, of both sexes. Many 2/3 females, and a good many of the men as well, seem to become rather heavy as they get into their thirties, and some become large well before that time. It is common to see older 2/3 women whose weight is concentrated below their waist. Maybe it has to do with the way twos like to feed others (and thus, themselves as well).

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Both 2w1 and 2w3 seem to have a lot of similar traits in those paragraphs (not looking at just 2, lol). I don't think balanced types are that common but you see people around that type themselves so...do you know what you're like when you're most healthy (from the point of the enneagram where you grow)?

Etherea

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
Both 2w1 and 2w3 seem to have a lot of similar traits in those paragraphs (not looking at just 2, lol). I don't think balanced types are that common but you see people around that type themselves so...do you know what you're like when you're most healthy (from the point of the enneagram where you grow)?

I've begun to integrate a few times, but not for long enough for me to describe it to anyone. :/ Maybe [MENTION=14235]Phoenix[/MENTION] would be a good person to relay that, when he's done traveling and is settled. I haven't had many chances to integrate until very recently. I've always had my life get in the way.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I know that each type usually has traits of both wings, but how common is it to have a good amount of traits from both, in all stages of health?

It would make sense to me that you were a core 2 with a balanced 1 and 3 wing. It's very typical of an ENFJ, which I really think you are in disguise, but I'm not going to try and convince you of this. You'll discover this yourself in due time.

Etherea

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
It would make sense to me that you were a core 2 with a balanced 1 and 3 wing. It's very typical of an ENFJ, which I really think you are in disguise, but I'm not going to try and convince you of this. You'll discover this yourself in due time.

I'm not an ENFJ. Thought I was for the better part of a year, but after some soul searching and coming out of a deep depression, it's become pretty clear that I was mistyped.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm not an ENFJ. Thought I was for the better part of a year, but after some soul searching and coming out of a deep depression, it's become pretty clear that I was mistyped.

Interesting. I'll have to watch your posts more carefully from now on to try to pick up on the Ne.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. I'll have to watch your posts more carefully from now on to try to pick up on the Ne.

Ooh .. this'll be interesting watching you pick up someone else's Ne when you can barely pick up your own ;) :p

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Ooh .. this'll be interesting watching you pick up someone else's Ne when you can barely pick up your own ;) :p

You're wrong. I can easily pick up Ne in myself, I'm pretty damn sure of that. It's the Ti that is hard to pick up, because it's an introverted function and a lot harder to spot.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I have a good amount of 4 and 6 wing traits. I operate mostly at the average levels of health. I identify more with 5w6 and have 4w5 in the trifix. I've seen lots of threads on various forums about people identifiying with both wings and trying to figure out which one is dominant so I don't think it's uncommon.