• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type exemplars who break stereotypes

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am looking for
- 1s who don't have a stick up their ass
- 2s who aren't clinging, obligatory bastards
- 3s who aren't smug political types
- 4s who aren't whining emo bleeding hearts
- 5s who are engaged and practical in the real world
- 6s who are strong and confident
- 7s who are focused and disciplined
- 8s who are protagonists or charitable and caring
- 9s who are ambitious, strong willed and not push overs

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
damn...Adam Sandler is meant to be a 9. Why would a 9 bother with movies, paparazzi etc, unless that proves he isn't

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah ... but wouldn't people look at these people

and type them as 3's instead? ;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my own list
1w9: Dame Joan Sutherland
1w2: Natalie Portman
2w1: Renee Fleming
2w3: [MENTION=16006]Etherea[/MENTION]
3w2: Kenny G
3w4: Viggo Mortensen
4w3: *
4w5: *
5w4: *
5w6: *
6w5: Chuck Norris
6w7: Amy Lee
7w6: Steven Covey
7w8: Hugh Hefner
8w7: Michael Douglas
8w9: Leontyne Price
9w8: Beyonce
9w1: *

*I really don't know of many 2w3s, 4s, 5s and 9w1s, so feel free to fill me in on some
Edit: found a non clingy 2w3 :D

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bill gates as a productive 5

(waiting for thread to explode)

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5w4 John Lennon

also, me in some cases.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- 6s who are strong and confident

I think a lot of us can appear that way on the outside and not feel that way on the inside. I can think of several on the forum (with respect to the outside - I don't know what their inner thoughts are like).

But I also think that applies to all human beings. How can you tell how strong and confident someone is on the inside?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4w5 Johnny Depp.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am looking for

I wouldn't consider myself super ambitious. Maybe more than average. But I can certainly be strong willed, and I'm no push over. I'm a 9w8.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Isn't the whole point of typology to stereotype? And if you break the stereotype, you are not that type? MB & Enneagram are entertaining in theory.. but flawed because you cannot prove a type. First of all, type theories are man-made. Secondly, the attribution of type to oneself or to someone other than ourselves is completely subjective. How we see ourselves and how others see us are not really telling as to who we are. We hide things about ourselves from ourselves, and we hide things about ourselves from others. We pretend to be what we are not; we strive to be what we are not. Typology is no more than entertainment.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't the whole point of typology to stereotype? And if you break the stereotype, you are not that type? MB & Enneagram are entertaining in theory.. but flawed because you cannot prove a type. First of all, type theories are man-made. Secondly, the attribution of type to oneself or to someone other than ourselves is completely subjective. How we see ourselves and how others see us are not really telling as to who we are. We hide things about ourselves from ourselves, and we hide things about ourselves from others. We pretend to be what we are not; we strive to be what we are not. Typology is no more than entertainment.

I think we're talking about enneagram types that are at their best - that is on the high side of health levels.

I also think Typology is a bit more worthwhile than entertainment. It is useful from a growth and development perspective - especially enneagram.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I think we're talking about enneagram types that are at their best - that is on the high side of health levels.

In fact, to me that's part of the usefulness of enneagram right there - there is a spectrum of growth points. Not so much with typology.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

Tritype is what helps me understand my ambitious drives. I've always had a strong entrepreneurial streak - this is the third business I've started and run now, and having 3 in my tritype certainly helps explain that. So, I would say I am ambitious for sure, strong-willed but in the context of considering other's POV, and a push-over sometimes.

G

Ginkgo

Jim Carrey has some slight discipline... if you call an approach to life based on enneagram discipline. (yes, he's aware of enneagram and aspires to ascend to the status of a divine orb of light) ...

Mia.

I also think Typology is a bit more worthwhile than entertainment. It is useful from a growth and development perspective - especially enneagram.

This. Yes.

Also with MBTI, the cognitive functions are just processes - their results will vary wildly, even though they may often produce similar results in a majority of individuals. Depending on what information they are oriented to and therefore synthesizing and processing, one can end up with a Jungian/MBTI type that wound up with a very different result than the majority of his/her fellow types may have be likely to do, and might therefore defy folk typology.

Also, the overlaying frameworks will make a specific type more or less rare in manifestation and appearance. If one takes an MBTI type - let's say an IN type, which is the rarest, then adds a less common enneatype/tritype for that type, then adds an sx primary stacking (which rumor has it is more rare than the others), you're probably going to have what looks like an odd duck on your hands. Especially if he/she has achieved higher levels of integration, as [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] mentioned.