Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I'll add Cate Blanchett and Leslie Cheung for non-stereotypical 4's.
    Cate Blanchett is a 4? I always pictured her as a 9w1, 7w6 or 1w9 integrated to 7
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    good example

obligatory means people who do things for you and have this "I scratched your back, now you need to scratch mine" mentality. someone who is obligatory is someone who places implicit expectations and control measures on a person when they try to help them. I avoid obligatory people like the plague and would rather have the terms of an agreement be much more objective and clearly defined (this is why I often get along well with STJs. they're good at this)
    Oh, well I generally avoid people who would accept favors with no intention of repaying them, so there :P

I get it though. More inc.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Yeah, Blanchett is pretty light for a 4. I haven't seen her in many interviews but I don't sense the gravitas in her that many Gut types have.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Let's rewind. My post wasn't clear and is being misunderstood or I've misunderstood and am going off on a wild tangent now.

1.) I am talking about MBTI / JCF not providing as many growth points as I believe the enneagram does. That is NOT to say the study and awareness of MBTI / JCF offers no benefit to personal growth.

2.) The enneagram positions itself to more fully outline a spectrum of unhealthy to healthy, which I think opens the door to greater personal insight ergo personal growth. Emotional growth is what prompts a person to examine their weak spots in more detail and provides sufficient motivation to follow through with everything from learning to play the piano to wanting to be more ambidextrous to studying JCF.

3.) That being said, I do think MBTI type does help one gain a greater awareness of areas to examine and work on for personal development, and also identify those differences in others and reconcile those with your own preferences. However, I do think this cannot go as far as the emotional work enneagram propels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    Enneagram is phenomenal for development, but I think typology is just as useful for the notion of cognitive growth.
    I want to be clear what you define as "cognitive growth"? Using one's inferior functions? Or the opposing functions to your dominant? And when you say typlogy, you do mean MBTI / JCF correct?

If you mean developing one's inferior, my issue with this is you can't turn a fish into a bird. I can act and function as a Te dom all I want, but that focus on Te comes at a cost to me, not as an inexhaustible benefit. In fact, it can blunt my Fi, dull it down, leaving me not as in tune with myself or my emotions as I want. I know this because I've experienced it so often in my life. Not only that, continual use of the inferior is a great recipe to burn out, actually. So, yes, Te is definitely in my toolbox (anyone who knows me isn't even going to attempt to argue against that) but I pay a price to use it. My competency in use makes no difference either to how much it costs. The energetic cost is very high. I am just not as "good" at it, and to be "good" requires so much in payment!

If you mean using Ti for example, I am not even sure how to begin discussing that. Is that your focus?

So I am trying to understand what you are getting at, without derailing the thread too badly. Am I off the mark here?

And, I am not sure what neuroplasticity has to do with that?

I have no issue with the article, but using the example of handedness, I don't believe any right-hander is as good with their left unless they are actually mixed-handed to begin with. You simply will not find using the left as effortless as the right. Lefties who have been raised to use the right may appear to write with ease but they do not use the same regions of the brain to write with as a right-hander - the forcing of mechanical adaptation does not "rewire" them. In fact, I think it's believed to overload one part of the brain whilst under-stimulating the other leading to lots of negative consequences. (I can find the studies and all if you are interested.)

I guess I feel it's great to have lots of tools in the toolbox, but IMO such strategies are best for short-term use with the realization that constant usage comes at a cost of neglecting other functions and depleting one's resources.

OTOH, emotional work, even for non-feelers, is not as contrary somehow ... and I need to think that one out more.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I
    - 6s who are strong and confident
    I was going to say what others already appear to have mentioned, that a person can project that outwardly, but inside be completely the opposite.

Although I am a textbook 6 and basically a walking stereotype.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I think 6s that are super chillax would break the stereotype better--the ones that don't go on tirades left and right about everything.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I think 6s that are super chillax would break the stereotype better--the ones that don't go on tirades left and right about everything.
    Yeah...I did try that, but all that pent up tiradi-ness wound me up and now here I am, out a job and feeling like my emotions are shot.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Another integrated 1: John Williams
    An integrated 7: Williams' collaborator Steven Spielberg

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    damn...Adam Sandler is meant to be a 9. Why would a 9 bother with movies, paparazzi etc, unless that proves he isn't
    Sandler wasn't meant to be a nine nor is he a nine. He's a 6w7 so/sx and a pretty obvious one at that.

my own list
    8w7: Michael Douglas

*I really don't know of many 2w3s, 4s, 5s and 9w1s, so feel free to fill me in on some
    Edit: found a non clingy 2w3
    Michael Douglas isn't an 8w7. He's an 8w9 and his 9 wing is blatant.

By parroting the pastebin list you're dumbing down the forum.

The pastebin list is a downgrade from the Stackemup exemplars list and got many of the core fixations wrong...

Your type recognition abilities were pretty bad the last I recall. Hopefully you've come to recognize that George Washington wasn't an sp/so 8w7.