First 1234 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - 6s who are strong and confident
    I think a lot of us can appear that way on the outside and not feel that way on the inside. I can think of several on the forum (with respect to the outside - I don't know what their inner thoughts are like).

But I also think that applies to all human beings. How can you tell how strong and confident someone is on the inside?
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

4w5 Johnny Depp.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I am looking for
    - 9s who are ambitious, strong willed and not push overs
    I wouldn't consider myself super ambitious. Maybe more than average. But I can certainly be strong willed, and I'm no push over. I'm a 9w8.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    INFP

Isn't the whole point of typology to stereotype? And if you break the stereotype, you are not that type? MB & Enneagram are entertaining in theory.. but flawed because you cannot prove a type. First of all, type theories are man-made. Secondly, the attribution of type to oneself or to someone other than ourselves is completely subjective. How we see ourselves and how others see us are not really telling as to who we are. We hide things about ourselves from ourselves, and we hide things about ourselves from others. We pretend to be what we are not; we strive to be what we are not. Typology is no more than entertainment.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Isn't the whole point of typology to stereotype? And if you break the stereotype, you are not that type? MB & Enneagram are entertaining in theory.. but flawed because you cannot prove a type. First of all, type theories are man-made. Secondly, the attribution of type to oneself or to someone other than ourselves is completely subjective. How we see ourselves and how others see us are not really telling as to who we are. We hide things about ourselves from ourselves, and we hide things about ourselves from others. We pretend to be what we are not; we strive to be what we are not. Typology is no more than entertainment.
    I think we're talking about enneagram types that are at their best - that is on the high side of health levels.

I also think Typology is a bit more worthwhile than entertainment. It is useful from a growth and development perspective - especially enneagram.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think we're talking about enneagram types that are at their best - that is on the high side of health levels.
    In fact, to me that's part of the usefulness of enneagram right there - there is a spectrum of growth points. Not so much with typology.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

- 5s who are engaged and practical in the real world
    Many INTJ 5's will fit this description.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

- 9s who are ambitious, strong willed and not push overs
    Tritype is what helps me understand my ambitious drives. I've always had a strong entrepreneurial streak - this is the third business I've started and run now, and having 3 in my tritype certainly helps explain that. So, I would say I am ambitious for sure, strong-willed but in the context of considering other's POV, and a push-over sometimes.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Ginkgo

Jim Carrey has some slight discipline... if you call an approach to life based on enneagram discipline. (yes, he's aware of enneagram and aspires to ascend to the status of a divine orb of light) ...

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

I also think Typology is a bit more worthwhile than entertainment. It is useful from a growth and development perspective - especially enneagram.
    This. Yes.

Also with MBTI, the cognitive functions are just processes - their results will vary wildly, even though they may often produce similar results in a majority of individuals. Depending on what information they are oriented to and therefore synthesizing and processing, one can end up with a Jungian/MBTI type that wound up with a very different result than the majority of his/her fellow types may have be likely to do, and might therefore defy folk typology.

Also, the overlaying frameworks will make a specific type more or less rare in manifestation and appearance. If one takes an MBTI type - let's say an IN type, which is the rarest, then adds a less common enneatype/tritype for that type, then adds an sx primary stacking (which rumor has it is more rare than the others), you're probably going to have what looks like an odd duck on your hands. Especially if he/she has achieved higher levels of integration, as @highlander mentioned.