• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

certain religions attracting certain types

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
had a conversation with a 6w7 today about religion, got me thinking about 6s and agnosticism. arent 6s supposed to be dependant on something bigger than themselves? as far as I know agnosticism doesn't provide that.

Actually a 6 could be dependent on a family, relationship, organization, social group, national cause, political belief system, any number of things which have nothing to do with religion.

However, I think a 6w7, especially in the grip of a mid-range to low-range level of anxiety may show a religious fervor toward whatever that external is.

Higher level 6s tend to be interdependent in a healthier way, feeling part of the group, but not as anxiously dependent on indentifying with it.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually a 6 could be dependent on a family, relationship, organization, social group, national cause, political belief system, any number of things which have nothing to do with religion.

However, I think a 6w7, especially in the grip of a mid-range to low-range level of anxiety may show a religious fervor toward whatever that external is.

Higher level 6s tend to be interdependent in a healthier way, feeling part of the group, but not as anxiously dependent on indentifying with it.

this sounds accurate

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

There's also the whole clinging-and-doubting deal CP Sixes tend to have. Maybe that doubt is why they're filled with such fervor (as a way of overcompensating)?

wistfulwillow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Im a pagan and 4w5...not sure what you think 4s are supposed to be attracted to, but I prefer spirituality over religion any day. I also use the term pagan loosely for that matter, as you could say Im more of an agnostic witch :shrug:

I too am a 4w5 sort-of witch. I detest organized religion for the most part, but I'm still very spiritual. Some of my beliefs I've made up myself, while others are rooted in wicca/paganism/druidry.
My 5w4 brother is an atheist, and thinks my interest in paganism is a waste of time.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

When you say higher level? Which one do you mean? The one with the squid boss or the one with the troll? I can NEVER beat the squid...the computer just blatently cheats...there arent any gaps in it's ink attacks!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
When you say higher level? Which one do you mean? The one with the squid boss or the one with the troll? I can NEVER beat the squid...the computer just blatently cheats...there arent any gaps in it's ink attacks!

Sorry, I'm not a video game fan (unless you count arcade pac man), but I think you may be looking for this:

Type Six—More Depth by Level
Healthy Levels
Level 1 (At Their Best): Become self-affirming, trusting of self and others, independent yet symbiotically interdependent and cooperative as an equal. Belief in self leads to true courage, positive thinking, leadership, and rich self-expression.

Level 2: Able to elicit strong emotional responses from others: very appealing, endearing, lovable, affectionate. Trust important: bonding with others, forming permanent relationships and alliances.

Level 3: Dedicated to individuals and movements in which they deeply believe. Community builders: responsible, reliable, trustworthy. Hard-working and persevering, sacrificing for others, they create stability and security in their world, bringing a cooperative spirit.

Average Levels
Level 4: Start investing their time and energy into whatever they believe will be safe and stable. Organizing and structuring, they look to alliances and authorities for security and continuity. Constantly vigilant, anticipating problems.

Level 5: To resist having more demands made on them, they react against others passive-aggressively. Become evasive, indecisive, cautious, procrastinating, and ambivalent. Are highly reactive, anxious, and negative, giving contradictory, "mixed signals." Internal confusion makes them react unpredictably.

Level 6: To compensate for insecurities, they become sarcastic and belligerent, blaming others for their problems, taking a tough stance toward "outsiders." Highly reactive and defensive, dividing people into friends and enemies, while looking for threats to their own security. Authoritarian while fearful of authority, highly suspicious, yet, conspiratorial, and fear-instilling to silence their own fears.

Unhealthy Levels
Level 7: Fearing that they have ruined their security, they become panicky, volatile, and self-disparaging with acute inferiority feelings. Seeing themselves as defenseless, they seek out a stronger authority or belief to resolve all problems. Highly divisive, disparaging and berating others

Level 8: Feeling persecuted, that others are "out to get them," they lash-out and act irrationally, bringing about what they fear. Fanaticism, violence.

Level 9: Hysterical, and seeking to escape punishment, they become self-destructive and suicidal. Alcoholism, drug overdoses, "skid row," self-abasing behavior. Generally corresponds to the Passive-Aggressive and Paranoid personality disorders.