• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your result the first time you took an enneagram test

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This might sound dumb but... 2 and 9 were equally high, even if they wasn't togther, and I got more in the 9 and in the 2 than I did in the 6 or the 8, which was near my high 7.

Thank you all for your input though.

wistfulwillow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This might sound dumb but... 2 and 9 were equally high, even if they wasn't togther, and I got more in the 9 and in the 2 than I did in the 6 or the 8, which was near my high 7.

Thank you all for your input though.
Your wing must border your primary type. If you are a type 7, you can have a 6 wing or 8 wing (7w6 or 7w8). There is no such thing as a 7w2 or 7w9.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I think I had 5 as the highest with 4 and 8 almost on par, something like 9, 8, and 8 for the scores. Every other score was negative.

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
2, because I want to help people, and 4, because I'm stormy. But both traits fit well with phobic 6.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
9w1, and it has yet to change.

Burger King

!Bj15QkgBGk~$(KGrHqQOKk!Esm4--qZ5BLVG4pWT6w~~_35.JPG

christicake

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tested as a 6w5, but I remember not taking the test very seriously. I was like, "What is this enneagram thing! I've never heard of this! Why are there more than two options for answering! This takes way too much effort for me. I don't have time to care about this." I was also embarrassed because I was taking the test in front of someone and we were looking at our results together. I answered the questions as quickly as possible, without even fully reading the questions. When I read about "me", I felt I could relate, but not completely. I dismissed enneagram testing all together for a few months, until today when I took the test again. I have been analyzing the way other people talk about it on PerC and it seems like an intricate way to view one's personality! When I read about 5w4, I was shocked, it even talked about how I could be a composer! I guess enneagram IS real...

Long story short- 6

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At first, I was all over the place. I first tested as a 4, then 6, then 9, then I settled on 7w8. I'm a very independent person, so I had a strong 4 at first... then I thought because I had some anxiety at that time in my life, I was a six... but then I realized that these are just elements of personality that many people have. I figured out that 7w8 is definitely my core type because I relate to those motivations so well. Particularly the 8 wing, I think it reflects my assertiveness and lack of concern for decorum. :newwink:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's see... it was a long time ago -- I can't really remember. I've gotten 5, 9, 4, 8, 1 -- depending on the test. This was when I was first starting out.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I believe my very first result was 7. Then I tested as a 5 for a while, but now recently I am back to 7 :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tested as 8 first. Then mistakenly self-typed as 6, then settled on 1 after a year of doing it wrong.

(I still test as 8 sometimes!)

Savitri

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
8,3,6,5 then finally 1.

Rejected the 8 and 3. Idealized the 6, doubted 5 and detested 1, hahah.

G

garbage

The first few tests or so pegged me as 1, 2, and 9. Then subsequent tests pegged me as virtually every other type, too.

B

brainheart

I was told by the friend who introduced me to it that I was "total four". But I took the test and got five. I'd say ninety percent of the tests I ever took gave me 5w4. The others I got 4w5. But once I read Naranjo I knew there was no way that I was a core five, while core four was completely right on.

As far as instincts go, sp/sx. Other times, sx/sp. Social has never been there in any way whatsoever.

Last edited:

Milestogob4isleep

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I saw Enneagram references here and then someone else yesterday asked what my Enneagram type so I went off and took two variations of the test. I came up 2w3 (SX/SO). I'm still digging into all of the meanings. I"m kinda amazed I'd not heard of this test before.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even though I originally got 5w6 most of the people on this forum seem to think I am 5w4 so I changed to that though the test failed to give any instinctual variants so for those I just took the advice of a forum typing expert on the what type is the person above you thread.

View attachment 8293

So even though the first test didn't say so I am 5w4 and I am God Almighty, at least so says the above picture.