• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your result the first time you took an enneagram test

S

Society

4w5, i later read through them and thought 7w8 sounds more like me from an external behavioral stand point, but if i think deeply into how my sense of self and my self esteem in general functions and develops, 4w5 fits the bill perfectly, 7w8 is more of who i would like to be and it is certainly more harmonious with my extroverted ways, but once i understood the core of the enneagram, i got that its not about who you want to be but about the embarrassing uncomfortable truths of who you are.

if you go by tritype, i am a 4w5 7w8 8w7, so it all came to fit together eventually.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
7w8 sx/so

Last edited:

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 4, followed by 9 then 6.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always tested as a 5.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4w5, now i'm positive it's 9w1 then 4 in my tritype and either 6 or 7.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5, always. Wings are usually balanced.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tested 7 and 2 at first most often. I am a 4 though. Imo, most test are confusing and suck bigtime. Eventually I took some time to take a look at enneagram as a system on enneagraminstitute.com and realized that while 7 and 2 both have sides I identify with, neither one of them fit me as well as 4.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always tested as a 4w3 or a 3w4... I definitely relate way more to 9w1 though.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
5. I think.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I scored type 3 on the RETI back in maybe 1992. I then read the 3 description and LOL'd because it is so not me. Not me at all. So I looked into the situation and decided that my 3 score was due to self-downing. I had subconsciously chosen to respond on the test in a way that made me look bad in my own eyes.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5w6 - The Problem Solver

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/similarminds.pl

I just took one, for the first time ever. . . Just now. . .

I have never taken an Enneagram Test before but; Here's what I got. . .

Enneagram Test Results

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||| 50%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 70%

type score type behavior motivation
7 18 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
2 17 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
9 17 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
3 15 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
4 14 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 14 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 13 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 12 I must be perfect and good to survive.
6 12 I must be secure and safe to survive.

Your main type is Type 7
Your variant stacking is sx/so/sp
Your level of health is average

Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking).

Now. . . What does it all mean?

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
7w2w9
sx/so/sp
?

(I'm just going by the above post).

'Unless I'm just flat out 7?'

wistfulwillow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
7w2w9
sx/so/sp
?

(I'm just going by the above post).

'Unless I'm just flat out 7?'
According to your test results, you are a 7w8 sx/so.
This would mean that your dominant type is 7, with a wing of 8 since of the two types neighboring 7 (6 and 8) you scored higher on 8.
Here's a description of the different types with wings: http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/chwings.htm
I'd read the 7w8 description. If you relate to it, that might be your type! Either way, if I were you I'd read up on the enneagram types some more, and maybe take some different tests.
This is one of my favorites: http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-quick-amp-painless-enneagram-test
Now to explain instinctual variants...
Basically, humans have three overarching needs (psychologically speaking): social, sexual, and self-preservation. These three stack in the order of which you personally prioritize the most. According to your test results, yours stack social first, then sexual, then self-pres. To abbreviate, we write so/sx.
Here's a link to one of the best descriptions of the variants and their stackings: http://ocean-moonshine.net/e142857369/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=42&MMN_position=80:80
So that's enneagram for you! Fairly complicated!
As you can probably deduce from the above posts, online tests rarely give you accurate results, and chances are that you're probably not a 7w8 so/sx. The first time I took an enneagram test, I got 2w1 sx/sp. And I'm a 4w5 sp/sx.
Like I said earlier, I'd recommend reading up on the different types, and figuring out for yourself which you relate to the most. Good luck!

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
4 and 5 were equally high, followed closely by 1. I chose 4w5.