123 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Default Instinctual variant and relationships

If your instictual variant is one of 3 different preferences in descending order of preference and you're attracted to someone who is different from you, but also complimentary then would a sx/so/sp work best with say a sx/sp/so or a so/sx/sp but NOT a sp/so/sx? (On the average). I realized most of my long term girlfriends were sx first. Does it work for you?

1/2/3 with 1/3/2 or 2/1/3 not 3/2/1. Someone too opposite from you would be stressful to be around. Someone too similar would be too identical and would run into the same problems in life that you do.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

@Zarathustra had an idea or two about this.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I think double sx/so relationships have too little sp, and they won't handle the necessary shit everyone needs to get done.

I think sx dom's probably want another sx dom, tho, cuz, otherwise, they'll feel like the depth of merging/connection is missing.

As such, I think sx/so probably goes best with sx/sp, but maybe sp/sx and so/sx could work, especially if the aux is close in strength to the dom.

I don't see an sx dom being satisfied in a relationship with an sp/so or so/sp, with sx last, cuz the sx dom's desired level of merger would be missing.

I'm not sure if a similar issue holds true for double sx/sp relationships, though... sx/sp's, is there an analogus problem these couples face?

I mean, I imagine it would have something to do with not socializing or what not, but, I dunno, I'd rather hear directly from sx/sp's...

As for the so firsts and sp firsts, same thing: I don't have the data, so I'd rather hear other peoples' thoughts/experiences.
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 06-20-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think sx/so - sx/so leads to too little sp, and they won't handle the necessary shit.

I think sx dom's probably want another sx dom, tho, cuz, otherwise, they'll feel like the depth of merging/connection is missing.

So I think sx/so probably goes best with sx/sp.

I'm not sure if the same holds true for sx/sp - sx/sp, though; are there some problems these couples face?

As for the so firsts and sp firsts, I could start theorizing, but, honestly, I don't have the data, so I'd rather hear other peoples' thoughts/experiences.
    I think this couple might struggle with fitting into the social order obviously, and would probably opt to live life hermit-style in a cabin deep in the woods completely away from the clusterf- of society where they can run a self-sustaining homestead and live naked and have constant sex.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    *guzzle*

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

@Zarathustra I couldn't leave you a visitor message? Anyhow, I didn't include 2/3/1 and 3/1/2 because I think they would be less optimal than the ones I mentioned. This is also why I didn't list identicals. 2/3/1 would not include your dominant preference in life unless they were REALLY well developed so it could be frustrating you would do the same to them. 3/1/2 is similar to 1/3/2 in that it covers your weakness while still giving you what you want, but ime people prefer getting more of what they want rather than more of what they need. I know, I know, that is what makes me sx first, but the fact that we potentially disagree proves my point :p
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think double sx/so relationships lead to too little sp, and they won't handle the necessary shit everyone needs to get done.

As such, I think sx/so probably goes best with sx/sp, but maybe sp/sx and so/sx could work, especially if the aux is close in strength to the dom.

I don't see an sx dom being satisfied in a relationship with an sp/so or so/sp, with sx last, cuz the sx dom's desired level of merger would be missing.

I'm not sure if a similar issue holds true for double sx/sp relationships, though... sx/sp's, is there an analogus problem these couples face?

I mean, I imagine it would have something to do with not socializing or what not, but, I dunno, I'd rather hear directly from sx/sp's...

As for the so firsts and sp firsts, same thing: I don't have the data, so I'd rather hear other peoples' thoughts/experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    I think this couple might struggle with fitting into the social order obviously, and would probably opt to live life hermit-style in a cabin deep in the woods completely away from the clusterf- of society where they can run a self-sustaining homestead and live naked and have constant sex.

Pretty sure my ex was also sx/sp but we are both extroverts also so no we didn't want to be hermit people.

We liked going out and being around people.

It's also sort of possible that I'm sx/so

But it was intense for sure i don't really like to talk about it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Pretty sure my ex was also sx/sp but we are both extroverts also so no we didn't want to be hermit people.

We liked going out and being around people.

It's also sort of possible that I'm sx/so

But it was intense for sure i don't really like to talk about it.
    Hmm. You do sort of strike me as sx/so, tbh.

Also you're right, the hermit manifestation would likely be the case for two introverts, not if an extravert were involved in the pairing. Also, I was being somewhat hyperbolic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I strike everyone as an sx so it seems but I just don't relate to so much
    I only said that because compared to him there was a difference

But that could Just be something else idk
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

If I can find an sp/sx that is cool w having sex while skydiving it's a GO!