Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think double sx/so relationships have too little sp, and they won't handle the necessary shit everyone needs to get done.

I think sx dom's probably want another sx dom, tho, cuz, otherwise, they'll feel like the depth of merging/connection is missing.

As such, I think sx/so probably goes best with sx/sp, but maybe sp/sx and so/sx could work, especially if the aux is close in strength to the dom.

I don't see an sx dom being satisfied in a relationship with an sp/so or so/sp, with sx last, cuz the sx dom's desired level of merger would be missing.

I'm not sure if a similar issue holds true for double sx/sp relationships, though... sx/sp's, is there an analogus problem these couples face?

I mean, I imagine it would have something to do with not socializing or what not, but, I dunno, I'd rather hear directly from sx/sp's...

As for the so firsts and sp firsts, same thing: I don't have the data, so I'd rather hear other peoples' thoughts/experiences.
    I think Sx first and Sx second often work well together.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think Sx first and Sx second often work well together.
    Yeah, I think that might be the case as well.

Do you think sx/so goes better with sp/sx or so/sx, though?

The problem I see with so/sx is that sp is still last for both of them.

I also don't think that sx/so with either of them is better than with sx/sp.

I considered whether sx/so with sp/sx and/or so/sx might be better than sx/so.

I wasn't sure about that answer yet, so I left it up for future thinking by just grouping them together.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yeah, I think that might be the case as well.
    Do you think sx/so goes better with sp/sx or so/sx, though?
    The problem I see with so/sx is that sp is still last for both of them.
    I also don't know that sx/so with either of them is better than with sx/sp.
    I considered whether sx/so with sp/sx and/or so/sx might be better than sx/so.
    I wasn't sure about that answer yet, so I left it up for future thinking by just grouping them together.
    I'd say Sx/So and Sp/Sx could work well together (though I confess I don't think I'd enjoy being with an Sx/So lol)
    oddly enough, I'm Sp/Sx and work very well with certain So/Sx types. something about them is so mysterious to me even though they're probably the most "normal" type.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I was looking around the site @acronach posted: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tual-Stackings

It seems valid enough.

So I would assume for a person like me, a longer lasting relationship would be better off with SP/SX or SO/SP or another SX/SO(I think that is too much heat and not enough grounded-ness though.)
    This chart is right on the mark. I've actually only ever dated so/sp and sx/so types. I've noticed I seem to have more influential power over these types than with any other types I've befriended.
    INFP 5w4 sp/sx
    5-4-1
    RLUEI
    Chaotic Neutral
    Darkworker
    Melancholic-Phlegmatic
    KWML: The Lover

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't necessarily agree with the underlined, though, cuz, while I think the dominant is a weakness, I think it's also a strength.

I think the greatest weakness is really the weakest of your instincts, while the overabundance of the dominant works in conjunction with the weakest instinct to cause problems in that specific area.
    Maybe I misunderstood your earlier post. I don't think the most preferred instinct is a strength. From a match standpoint, I'm conflicted on this Sx + Sx, So + So, Sp + Sp idea. On the one hand, it sounds appealing. On the other hand, by definition, if the most preferred instinct is overused, represents a lack of balance, is not properly utilized, etc. - then two people together who overuse something would be less "functional".

Per this link

"Claudio Naranjo describes the dominant instinct as a “weakness which looks like a strength.” By this, he seems to have meant that, as the dominant instinct is overdeveloped, it certainly will attend to the needs associated with that instinct; in this sense it appears to be a strength. But, as the instinct is unbalanced and guided by a fixated personality, it is not being properly utilized, and, in this disturbed state often does not actually best serve the overall interests of the individual who is in its grip."

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Am I correct in understanding that your dominant instinct is the one most affected by your core type fixation?