User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Yeah, I think I'm a 1w2 so/sx. It was news to me when I came here that there were so many flavours of INFJ, and it helped explain why there were some INFJs who just seemed a lot different than me, even though we shared some common points.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    As well as there being a lot of INFJ 4s (although I think it fits better in some ways with xNFP types), there are a lot of 6s, and at least quite a lot of 9s and 1s. I think quite a lot of INFJs typing themselves as 4 could be something else.
    IIRC, 2s are somewhat common.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    IIRC, 2s are somewhat common.
    Yes, very probably, although I would think more 2s are ExFJs.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    For those of you who have figured out what your type is, whether it's regular e-type or instinctual variant, do you feel like knowing this has benefited you in your life?
    Absolutely. I have a better understanding of why I do the things I do. It's helped me to mature and smooth out some of my rougher edges.

It has also allowed to learn to use my talents to a greater extent of my potential than I would otherwise have been capable of.

It's also helped me with my interactions with others.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

knowing how your view of reality is distorted, how you are a delusional mutha fucka, and how these delusions effect your decision making and thought processes in the most ridiculous ways
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

@SilkRoad, you've mentioned before that 6s have a tendency to be like SJs, and I've been wondering what you mean. Do you mean how 6s can get attached to different structures and systems?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

@SilkRoad, you've mentioned before that 6s have a tendency to be like SJs, and I've been wondering what you mean. Do you mean how 6s can get attached to different structures and systems?
    Maybe in part. I don't know if 6 NFs always tend to be more like SJs but I think it applies in my case. I look more down-to-earth than some INFJs partly because I think I'm questioning my Ni-based hunches and conclusions all the time. Just because Ni says it, doesn't mean it's true...

I think I am more of a romantic inside, and more strictly practical outside. THere is a sort of war between practicality and romanticism in me, I know that. When my Ni becomes very visible and I become more passionate and romantic in a way that others can see, it often has to do with something like my artistic interests.

I also find a sense of community very important, even if it's just a few people who really mean a lot in my life.

I realised I was an INFJ 6 in part because the way those types dovetail makes perfect sense for the way I am.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes. Im happy to know Im not a broken SJ or a failed NT in a society that strictly values achievement. Ive never valued the SJ form of achievement necessarily, and its interesting to know that a lot of these supposed tos come from Si, and why some people are hung up on that, and Im not damaged if I dont do these supposed tos.

Its also fascinating to learn about Ni, and how it actually explains my feelings sometimes of just knowing things, but in a rational way that doesn't mean there are metaphysical things happening, and that its not crazy, either.

I think realizing I am SFP instead of NFP helped too. Im not a bad NF, I have Se.

Understanding Beebes functions, as well as Jungian neurosis and projection surrounding the inferior helps, as well.

I think it also helps to understand that my core motivations for judgment are Fi, and Im not wrong for not having Fe. However on the other hand it can help me to understand when my Fi is being unhealthy.

I think it helps me to understand other people too, why they value what they do, and why we communicate differently. Yeah some people are stupid and some are assholes, but overall its just a difference in functional attitudes.

I think knowing Im an E6 who integrates at E9 is super helpful too.

Ive incorporated these things with Taoist philosophy and yoga, understanding my weak points, and realizing my self mastery has to come from re centering in my Fi and controlling my 6-ish anxiety so I can flow at a healthy 9 place in moments of self healing.

I also realized that I have to nurse my Se aux with sensory experiences and making mind body connections so I dont get into Fi/Ni loops to the point of craziness. And also so I can relax with meditation and its a good centering thing for me, but also that sometimes I need to experience nature in solitude.

I think my over-fieryness comes from Fi/Se and E6 reactivity, and knowing this can help me direct my Fi/Se to a healthier place as well as remembering when I get excessively reactive as a 6 I need 9-ish activities that also engage my Se, like doing yang yoga, cooking for friends, or tending to plants and animals.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think 6s are SJ-ish only in the sense of Keirsey Guardians, not that 6s have Si.

6s have a preoccupation with authority that tends to be ambivalent, but the mere fascination with it may seem Guardian like. For example 6s may be more interested in legal, government or religious structures or social structures of any kind. Even the counterphobic 6 which avoids control and conformity still has a need for belonging. 6s look for stability and trust outside of themselves. This may manifest as being religious, heavily involved in politics, or simply having a strong loyalty to ones primary group of friends. Im not into sports, but I think frantically loyal fans to a particular team show a form of 6-ish behavior, even if, for example, the person is otherwise a free wheeling independent counterphobic Se dom who doesn't seem "SJ-ish" otherwise, that person is still getting their group belonging needs met, their identification with an external group: that team, vicariously, and other fans of that team who may be their regular social group on weekends at parties, cook outs, sports bar outings, games, etc.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

It has helped me understand my core preoccupations, and how these distort the way I look at the world. It has also helped me to understand that certain things that I do are in fact the result of choices, and not outside my control. It has also helped me be honest with myself about my feelings, and understand when I begin to rationalize.