User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I am probably the most boring combo. ENFJ 5w6 sp/so
    On the contrary, I find the combination of Fe-dominant along with 5 and sp-dominant really interesting because of the pulls in opposite directions.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    On the contrary, I find the combination of Fe-dominant along with 5 and sp-dominant really interesting because of the pulls in opposite directions.
    Thank you. It all adds up to a lot intellectualization of people (in general) from a distance and my private life.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Not a positive experience so far...

Being open about being a 3 on this site and with friends who know me in person and understand the enneagram has hurt some relationships I feel. People from TypeC who I have had few (if any) interactions with seem completely comfortable telling me how terrible of a person I must be, and how everything about me which is friendly or kind is obviously just an attempt to deceive them. If anything, those interactions are effective diagnostic tools to find out the integrity of the stranger who declares me to be a liar.

Learning what it meant to be a 3 helped to give inner thoughts and conflict a vocabulary. I already knew what motivated my decisions before discovering it, and finding reflections of other 3s might help me find peace.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

For those of you who have figured out what your type is, whether it's regular e-type or instinctual variant, do you feel like knowing this has benefited you in your life?
    Yes, for sure.

I got really into the enneagram starting about two months ago, after having been into the MBTI/Jungian typology for several years.

I found the MBTI/Jungian typology to be much more obvious, easy to find my type, and immediately valuable.

The enneagram, on the other hand, requires more work.

Really diving into it, once you are certain of your type, for me at least, was actually quite difficult.

It's far more subconscious than the MBTI/Jungian typology, and the illuminations it invites are far more jarring.

But that is where the value comes from: it jars you, shakes you up a bit, and then, it's your job to do the work.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    It can definitely be a trap, since there's so much focus on trying to understand your type, rather than transcending it. So it's less about knowing what type you are, and more about knowing where you should be going.

Though this is very hard to attain, since it really only comes from genuine wisdom and experience rather than a clever diagram.
    Yes! And while I believe this is perfectly the case, I also can't help but wish their were volumes written on overcoming fixations, point of growth and others stories. What a shame.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Yes! And while I believe this is perfectly the case, I also can't help but wish their were volumes written on overcoming fixations, point of growth and others stories. What a shame.
    I really liked Vagrant's post as well, and I agree with your sentiment, but I've canvassed the literature pretty well now, and I think there is a good amount of material out there.

Just got this in the mail a few days ago:

Enneagram
    4w5

Why do you find it hard to wrap your mind around INFJs not being 4?
    well because almost all INFJ attributes matches with type 4. .... For instance, having a chaotic inner world, having regular despressive mood, being compasionate , sense of depth, connection to sprituality...... My sister is 6 and she is the lovliest human you can ever meet, but dont see her as 4.... It just my opinion..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Knowing my MBTI type is nice in terms of defining how I usually think, but ultimately I find the enneagram more valuable, I believe. It shows me how and why I struggle as I do - I'm afraid, so I avoid, basically. And sx tells me how I tend to plunge into things and sp-last tells me how I forget to take care of myself.

I am probably the most boring combo. ENFJ 5w6 sp/so (Bill Gates is ENTJ 5w6 sp/so....yeah).
    I think this is a fascinating combination, actually. Fe and 5 and sp.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Knowing my MBTI type is nice in terms of defining how I usually think, but ultimately I find the enneagram more valuable, I believe. It shows me how and why I struggle as I do - I'm afraid, so I avoid, basically. And sx tells me how I tend to plunge into things and sp-last tells me how I forget to take care of myself.

I am probably the most boring combo. ENFJ 5w6 sp/so (Bill Gates is ENTJ 5w6 sp/so....yeah).
    I think this is a fascinating combination, actually. Fe and 5 and sp.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    well because almost all INFJ attributes matches with type 4. .... For instance, having a chaotic inner world, having regular despressive mood, being compasionate , sense of depth, connection to sprituality...... My sister is 6 and she is the lovliest human you can ever meet, but dont see her as 4.... It just my opinion..
    It's a bit of a (common) cliche that all INFJs are 4s. I figured out pretty quickly I wasn't one.

I probably look a bit more like an ISFJ. @BlackCat pointed out that INFJ 6s may look more heavily Fe on the outside and be more heavily Ni on the inside. Exactly how I am. I constantly see and synthesize connections that most don't, apparently. But I also (mostly) come across as warm, diplomatic and somewhat anxious. (Although I am much more anxious internally than I look. I look calm and almost 9-ish a lot of the time.)

I know I'm kind of "different" but am less and less interested in emphasizing my own different-ness, unlike a typical 4. I'd generally rather find common ground. Of course I particularly love finding people who are "different" in a similar way. I worry about friendships, relationships and loyalty, struggle between trusting too much and trusting too little, and so on.

As well as there being a lot of INFJ 4s (although I think it fits better in some ways with xNFP types), there are a lot of 6s, and at least quite a lot of 9s and 1s. I think quite a lot of INFJs typing themselves as 4 could be something else.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING