• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] I think my tritype is 954.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks to [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] for linking me to a good enneagram type test in which my type definately seems to be 9, as opposed to 5 which I thought it to be before (which was based on taking a shitty test and reading some descriptions without much knowledge of the workings of enneagram).

But I can't find any description on it. Just one description of the contemplatives that says quite a bit about some of them, but only says that the 954 is 'more contemplative' then the other contemplative types. Le sigh. ;P

Anyone know if a good description of this tritype has been made so I can see how much I relate to it?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yeah, unfortunately, there's not too much out there on the tritypes.

The originator of the enneagram, Oscar Ichazo, talked about them as the "trifix" back in the day, but I'm not sure if there's any material on that, and, other than him, the only people who seem to have spent much time on it are the Fauvres, who run enneagram.net. They have a book (LINK) you can buy there -- I believe [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] has it -- but I'm not sure how good it is, or how much detail it goes into for each of the variations (there are 6 orderings within each tritype) of all 27 tritypes. They also have a 4-pt, 5-hr DVD set on the tritypes. Both are pretty expensive, though ($40 and $85, respectively), and I'm not sure whether or not they're worth it.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
9-5-4:

laid back, easy going, calm, cool-headed, optimistic, carefree yet cautious, aloof yet open, reserved, solitary, observing, patient, discreet, flexible, modest, curious, intelligent, deep, complacent, content, instinctive, intuitive, aesthetic, trusting, private, enjoys the company of only a few people. Slow to judge. Not relationship obsessed. Hopeless romantic. Individualistic, independent and original. Likes difficult reading material. Interested in understanding people and humanity in general and enjoy bringing understanding. Shun conflict. Intellectually curious and interested in the arts, philosophy, literature and the social sciences. Excel in whatever they're interested in. Kind, friendly and at times very gentle. Can appear cold and nonchalant. Unconcerned that people have trouble reading them. Introspective and reflective. Creatively expressive, imaginative and dreamy. Wants to blend in with the environment, seeking a peaceful and comfortable place. Live and let live attitude, Accepting and respecting each other's views. Can easily see from different perspectives. Not likely to express anger. Hard to offend. Lower energy, energy comes in bursts. Cooperative rather than competitive. Not interested in leading. Question authority. Not superficial. Appear to be emotionally stable, but can be quite emotional internally. Tries to contain emotions. Enjoys melancholic moods. Likes both listening to and playing music. Easily overwhelmed and distracted.

Correlation with MBTI: INFP

From babblingbrook at Any other 9-5-4 Tritype's out there?
(Personality Cafe).
From this post

[MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION] - Which test was that, out of curiosity?

Last edited:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What, what?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From this post

[MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION] - Which test was that, out of curiosity?

http://similarminds.com/test.html

Also, the description is head on on all parts, except maybe " Likes both listening to and playing music.". Although I enjoy listening to music, I completely suck at making it. But I suppose having bought an electric piano and other such things to at least try to play music might be enough for this to also be true. The fact I have no talent for music just gets in the way. ;P

And ofcourse that my type is INTP, not INFP. This is irrefutable.

What, what?

You're not alone!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am beautiful, unique snowflake.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am beautiful, unique snowflake.

Even every atom is unique due to its relative position in space. We might be different, but come from the same area!