• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If had the option of being whatever type you wanted

Your Ideal Enneagram Type

• 1w9

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 1w2

• 2w1

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 2w3

• 3w2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 8w7

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 8w9

• 9w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9w1

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
title says it all

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
being a 7 is great.....if you have stumbled upon a fortune, can procrastinate as much s you like, can afford to be delusional about the world, never have to work and have instant gratification for everything. personally, I'd like to be more productive, competitive type, so I'd probably choose 3w4 Sp/Sx with 8w7 in close second (I love my instinct variant, wouldn't change anything about it lol)

Burger King

I was gonna be boring like I was in another thread and say I wouldn't change, but WTH. I picked 7w8 because of the outward confidence they exude. Have you seen the movie The Avengers? Tony Stark (played by Robert Downey, Jr.) seems like an E7. There was a thread on another forum talking about that movie. I need to find it.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like being a 4 because it makes me special.

No but seriously, I would still choose my own type, in spite of all the downsides. There are many things I envy (irony intended) about other types but ultimately I think I prefer being mine.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always wanted to be a more social type like a 7, but I don't think i'd give up being a 5 if i had the chance though.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I guess being a 5w4 So/Sx could be kind of cool. :)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Truth is they all suck.

G

garbage

personally, I'd like to be more productive, competitive type, so I'd probably choose 3w4 Sp/Sx
I could say something trite like "we're all flawed" but I'll just take the compliment. :wink:

Granted, I changed my instinctual self-typing approximately yesterday or so. (and am always open to suggestion)

--

I don't mean to be all "tit for tat" when I say the following: I'd choose the stereotypical 7w8. At least, I've got something to learn from that type and could stand to counterbalance my own tendencies with those of that type. It seems as though I could use a little more 'kicking back and allowing myself to enjoy life.'
Today is my day off, and I still 'have' to work. Otherwise, 'things won't get done.' :doh:

The other day, one of my mentors told me that learning is a way toward a healthy brain, which means that 'going through the learning process' is in and of itself a very important goal. So I become more process-oriented by turning my goal-orientedness toward "getting a healthy brain." But that's still very goal-oriented of me, which probably misses the damn point.

This is meant to be less about myself--and more about my innate, internal compulsion that drives me to want to learn more from a 7w8.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
they're kind of all pretty horrible/sad sounding

my bf says thats just because i'm a 7 i think that tho because he doesn't think so at all as a type 4

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I would choose 7w8 too, they seem to have so much fun. 9w8 might be a close second. And for instinctual variant, I think I would prefer sp/sx.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty sure I'd pick 6w5, they seem well-adjusted and motivated for intelligence, I admire that.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I quite like being myself really. Agreed that all enneatypes suck, but that's exactly why you stick to your own type. I understand my own problems, the other e-types are a but foreign to me.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I had to be a different type I'd probably go for the 2w1. THe 2w1 at their highest level embraces the things that I feel ultimately, are the very most important in life. To become deeply unselfish and humble, to be able to give unconditional love to myself and others, to be satisfied by simply being apart of other peoples lives, this is like the real nectar of what I want to achieve. Yes, I understand that enneatype does not limit ones ability of growth. Maybe if/when I achieve these things I will look more like a 9? Who knows.

I know alot of people want to be a 7, I can see the appeal.. but the fixation or fear of being unfulfilled, in constant discontent or unease, that is not my idea of fun by any means. Maybe it scares me so much because I have a 7w.

I wouldn't want to be a 5 because I cant comprehend being emotionally detached, passion and emotion is too fulfilling.
I wouldn't want to be a 4 because I enjoy seeing myself as connected and similar to people.
I wouldn't want to be an 8 because despite the outer power-image, I think it would suck to have such control issues and I could never stand the energy required to maintain this.
3's Could be cool. Anytype at its healthiest levels would be awesome really.

Why wouldnt I want to be a 9? If i really am a 6 this would be my point of growth, it would make sense that I would hope to achieve this, but somehow it is a scary ideal for me. Alot of neat traits stick out for the 9.. the whole Zen-vibe, ability to let shit go and keep it peaceful/harmonious.. I guess 9 is not appealing to me because I would almost have to lose my individual agenda to achieve it.. I'd almost feel like I'd lost myself. Tada! Ofcourse I would, I'm a 6 and take comfort in my silly, anxious, doubtful anxiety.. it feeds my concept of self and ego.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always love when some thoughtful enfp comes along and types things out so well

Huxley does this often. Thanks lady. :)

I'm comfortable in my 7 w 6 ness. I might prefer to have an 8 wing. I think I'd be more decisive but I'd probably miss the crazy... It seems a bit less amusing.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I had to be a different type I'd probably go for the 2w1. THe 2w1 at their highest level embraces the things that I feel ultimately, are the very most important in life. To become deeply unselfish and humble, to be able to give unconditional love to myself and others, to be satisfied by simply being apart of other peoples lives, this is like the real nectar of what I want to achieve. Yes, I understand that enneatype does not limit ones ability of growth. Maybe if/when I achieve these things I will look more like a 9? Who knows.

I know alot of people want to be a 7, I can see the appeal.. but the fixation or fear of being unfulfilled, in constant discontent or unease, that is not my idea of fun by any means. Maybe it scares me so much because I have a 7w.

I wouldn't want to be a 5 because I cant comprehend being emotionally detached, passion and emotion is too fulfilling.
I wouldn't want to be a 4 because I enjoy seeing myself as connected and similar to people.
I wouldn't want to be an 8 because despite the outer power-image, I think it would suck to have such control issues and I could never stand the energy required to maintain this.
3's Could be cool. Anytype at its healthiest levels would be awesome really.

Why wouldnt I want to be a 9? If i really am a 6 this would be my point of growth, it would make sense that I would hope to achieve this, but somehow it is a scary ideal for me. Alot of neat traits stick out for the 9.. the whole Zen-vibe, ability to let shit go and keep it peaceful/harmonious.. I guess 9 is not appealing to me because I would almost have to lose my individual agenda to achieve it.. I'd almost feel like I'd lost myself. Tada! Ofcourse I would, I'm a 6 and take comfort in my silly, anxious, doubtful anxiety.. it feeds my concept of self and ego.

my thoughts exactly (though the rest of your post perplexes me lol)

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
I personally wouldn't mind being any type except for 8's (anger is just not my thing) and 5's (too boring for my tastes). I'd also rather not be a sx-dom or any instinctual variant that's soc last. I guess if I really had to choose one type, 2w1 sp/so would be my first choice. Moving towards people without being aggressive towards them sounds like it'd be interesting to me.