User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm generally attracted to 9w1 or 1w9s. So, that works for me.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Why do you think the face a certain type/enneagram show the world is the one they show in private to the ones they love most?
    my main question is: how do we know they're typed correctly in the first place?

apart from that, this sample size is WAY too small to say anything.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    nerd

i'm surprised and a little frightened how many 5s ended up marrying 1s in that poll. i can't imagine that being terribly fulfilling. and yes the sample size is way too small.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fripping View Post
    i'm surprised and a little frightened how many 5s ended up marrying 1s in that poll. i can't imagine that being terribly fulfilling. and yes the sample size is way too small.
    Agree on the sample size, it's not large at all to be that representative, as best as I can tell. Was it an online poll? I don't remember -- but right there, you suddenly have a data bias.

I don't think the 5/1 thing is weird... seems pretty common pattern for male INTPs to be into female INFJs, for example. Interesting to see how the genders look for different types of mates, though, apparently.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Agree on the sample size, it's not large at all to be that representative, as best as I can tell. Was it an online poll? I don't remember -- but right there, you suddenly have a data bias.

I don't think the 5/1 thing is weird... seems pretty common pattern for male INTPs to be into female INFJs, for example. Interesting to see how the genders look for different types of mates, though, apparently.
    Isn't it unwise to mention the MBTI in this case where there is no one-to-one correlation with ennegram types? It's like saying, "5/1 isn't a weird marriage pattern, it's common for the male INTP to be into women with big butts."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    http://www.9types.com/writeup/enneagram_marriages.html

I found this kind of interesting so I thought I'd share it. Opinions?

Personally, I think there should be more 5/4 couples on here, but apparantly not i guess *confusion*
    It's laughable that they use the word "confidence" at all with such a tiny sampling of marriages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    my main question is: how do we know they're typed correctly in the first place?

apart from that, this sample size is WAY too small to say anything.
    I don't think most couples put that much emphasis on type. I'm confident a great number of people don't even know what it is or care. Yes it can explain some personality qualities and differences but it's miles from a main predictor of success. It's also alarming that so many people use it to condemn/peruse possible relationships and in that respect, I do agree about correct typing. If you never get to know someone, are you sure this is a great screening tool? Especially people who have never had a long term relationship with anyone. I can say I wouldn't want to be with a P for any reason ever but there are P's here that I mesh with well so, go figure.

I agree on sample size though.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Isn't it unwise to mention the MBTI in this case where there is no one-to-one correlation with ennegram types? It's like saying, "5/1 isn't a weird marriage pattern, it's common for the male INTP to be into women with big butts."
    Yeah, like that's anything equivalent to what I said, Mal. Srsly?

In general, there's a correlation between Fives and INTP, if you bother to screen the data, and Ones are correlated strongly to INFJ and INTJ.

I don't think it's incorrect to say there's a tendency between INTPs and INFJs to anecdotally be attracted to each other (I've seen it show up a great deal in ANY INTP board I've been on), and since there is a correlation between those types and Fives and Ones, it's worth mentioning. Note how I avoided making any comments that were more granular, since I'm talking broad patterns.

You're a smart guy, I think you can follow "fuzzy" correlations rather than demanding exact ones. I don't need exact precise boundaries in order to note large-scale trends and broad similarities here, just like I can say gay marriage is finding more acceptability in American culture by just noting the large scale poll changes without having to define exactly each one of those data points or having a direct one-to-one ration explicated among all the data points.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    there's a pretty big spread amongst 1s, but they're usually istjs, estjs, and isfjs. occasionally intj enfj or infj.

http://theenneagram.blogspot.com

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yeah, like that's anything equivalent to what I said, Mal. Srsly?

In general, there's a correlation between Fives and INTP, if you bother to screen the data, and Ones are correlated strongly to INFJ and INTJ.
    To my mind, what you said sounds very similar, after subtracting the humor part of my response.

I helped screen this data back in 1996 when I participated in the Fudjack/Dinkelaker types correlations study.
    http://tap3x.net/EMBTI/charts.html

36% of INFJs responded with type 4, while 23% of INFJs responded with type 1. (Chart Three-A)

I don't think it's incorrect to say there's a tendency between INTPs and INFJs to anecdotally be attracted to each other (I've seen it show up a great deal in ANY INTP board I've been on), and since there is a correlation between those types and Fives and Ones, it's worth mentioning. Note how I avoided making any comments that were more granular, since I'm talking broad patterns.
    A lot of those INFJs are associated with type 4, moreso than with type 1. So on the basis of the understanding I've had for the past 16 years, you can see why your statement would raise some alarm bells with me.

You're a smart guy, I think you can follow "fuzzy" correlations rather than demanding exact ones. I don't need exact precise boundaries in order to note large-scale trends and broad similarities here, just like I can say gay marriage is finding more acceptability in American culture by just noting the large scale poll changes without having to define exactly each one of those data points or having a direct one-to-one ration explicated among all the data points.
    I don't demand any such thing, I would much rather compare this study (tiny as it is) with the same marriage demographics on the MBTI side, if there are any.