User Tag List

First 12

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    [*]There's a reason that 2s, 3s and 4s are in the heart triad - these people identify with their hearts, much the same way that the previous types identify with their minds. This isn't just a figure of speech - their hearts are what guide them through life. They can become so reliant on emotional connection and the images they adopt that they can neglect everything else about life. They must learn to "take off" the mask when emotional distance is needed.
    Very very true, I do heavily rely on my heart; more specifically, how I feel about things, when making decisions, it's often hard me for me not to be biased in that respect. The parts about adopting images and learning to remove the mask, are also painfully accurate, much to my chagrin/ disliking.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

In 9 Lenses, Jerome Wagner gives an excellent discussion of the triads. One of the things he talks about is how to use each triad to make decisions.

- Body Center (891) - You know in "your body" what the right answer is. The feeling that arises from this is not to be confused with "emotion"--it's subtler and felt "deeper" within. It's solid and tends to know without knowing.

- Heart Center (234) - You know with your emotions what the right answer is. When you feel ecstatic, uplifted, and upbeat, you know you're making the right decision. When you feel a feeling of dread, despair, aversion, etc., you know you're making the wrong decision. Again, it knows without rationalization.

- Head Center (567) - You know by hashing through things mentally, weighing pros and cons, considering the options, and eventually arriving at a well-defined conclusion. Feelings of any sort are not involved in this equation.

If you find one that's more natural to you, that's probably your center (but you may have to really observe yourself next time you make a major decision). It works for me anyway--I'm all gut and heart. For some reason, I seldom use the head center. I guess since it's a 6 I can't trust it. XD

This corroborate anyone else's experience?

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I just came across this thread. As usual, @VagrantFarce lays out the most concise and insightful description possible . It's quite a gift actually.
    Hello

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    In 9 Lenses, Jerome Wagner gives an excellent discussion of the triads. One of the things he talks about is how to use each triad to make decisions.

- Body Center (891) - You know in "your body" what the right answer is. The feeling that arises from this is not to be confused with "emotion"--it's subtler and felt "deeper" within. It's solid and tends to know without knowing.

- Heart Center (234) - You know with your emotions what the right answer is. When you feel ecstatic, uplifted, and upbeat, you know you're making the right decision. When you feel a feeling of dread, despair, aversion, etc., you know you're making the wrong decision. Again, it knows without rationalization.

- Head Center (567) - You know by hashing through things mentally, weighing pros and cons, considering the options, and eventually arriving at a well-defined conclusion. Feelings of any sort are not involved in this equation.

If you find one that's more natural to you, that's probably your center (but you may have to really observe yourself next time you make a major decision). It works for me anyway--I'm all gut and heart. For some reason, I seldom use the head center. I guess since it's a 6 I can't trust it. XD

As an e5 I can tell you there's a gut feeling involved with every decision. No matter how logically it was made it won't matter unless it feels right first.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post

[*]There's a reason that 2s, 3s and 4s are in the heart triad - these people identify with their hearts, much the same way that the previous types identify with their minds. This isn't just a figure of speech - their hearts are what guide them through life. They can become so reliant on emotional connection and the images they adopt that they can neglect everything else about life.
    What's the connection between being guided by one's heart and adopting an image?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

There's a reason 5s, 6s and 7s are in the head triad - these people identify with their minds, in ways they may not be fully aware of. They "think" more than others, but it's done compulsively - they interact with the worlds from their minds. Their thoughts create so many possibilities that they may become overwhelmed with fear at times, unable to make confident decisions. They must learn, time and time again, how to take decisive action comfortably when overwhelmed with fear.
    OK I don't relate to this much. I hardly have compulsive thinking in this way. The only time I'm in my head is when I try to understand something logically. (Or when making up some story, sometimes but that's more emotion based, not logic based.) I do like doing that though. But at those moments I'm not really interacting with the world. I usually don't create possibilities about situations. If I were to start doing that, I'd get bored with it right away because it's just mental masturbation and not reality. I hate that. Much prefer deliberate thinking. Again the exception is when I try to understand something deeply, that's still tiring a bit but I'm able to will myself to keep up and I like the results.

There's a reason that 2s, 3s and 4s are in the heart triad - these people identify with their hearts, much the same way that the previous types identify with their minds. This isn't just a figure of speech - their hearts are what guide them through life. They can become so reliant on emotional connection and the images they adopt that they can neglect everything else about life. They must learn to "take off" the mask when emotional distance is needed.
    I don't relate to this at all. What adopted images? I mean it sounds nice in the context of type 4 but it's not something I can keep up for long. It's not substantial.

There's a reason 8s, 9s and 1s are in the body triad - these people identify with their bodies, and live through life from the gut. They compulsively identify with the physical presence in the world. They can become so comfortable in their bodies that they become "too" autonomous - like rocks embedded in a riverbed. In their stances 8s become too unstoppable, 9s too laid-back, 1s too rigid.[/list]
    Hm I dunno if I identify with my body to this degree. I identify more with the world, I don't pay that much attention to inner bodily sensations, I look outside instead. But I do have a constant awareness of my physical boundaries (between my body and the world) when moving around etc. I do have a lot of instinctual action without thinking and autonomy is alright.

One of the things he talks about is how to use each triad to make decisions.

Well yeah I call that instinctual decision making.

I've felt aversion before in this fashion and it indeed affected me strongly in making certain decisions. I don't really use positive uplifted etc feelings for decision making though.

No I've tried that and that gets tiring and I don't get to actually decide the thing. I don't arrive at a well-defined conclusion because I will switch to instinctual decision making much sooner than that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Fuck, Now I'm totally confused, I can see being all three of them. It seems to be like my body center tells me what I personally think is correct, the Heart center tells me when I did the right thing in the eyes of others or else fucked up, and the Head center tells me how to reconcile the first 2 so I don't fuck up again.

My tritype is 612
    Autistic INFP

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

When you ad tritype in, it all makes a little more since than when you just have an mbti type.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Originally Posted by RH

"Although Ones have a strong sense of purpose, they also typically feel that they have to justify their actions to themselves, and often to others as well. This orientation causes Ones to spend a lot of time thinking about the consequences of their actions"

I can definitely identify with the above, I think of it as my overactive conscience that's always guilting me. I sometimes delete comments after thinking about them for a while, sometimes I think I didn't convey what I really meant & other times they just sound wrong.

I wouldn't mind repressing the need to justify everything internally, maybe give the overbearing conscience a vacation.