• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elfboy's Enneagram/Instinct Variant Chart

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
attachment.php

red: very common
green: common
blue: uncommon
purple: rare
white: very rare

credit to [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] for the color scheme

anyone who wishes to
- add
- disagree
or
- make their own chart for comparison

is welcome to do so

Nicodemus

credit to BlackCat for the color scheme
You must both be color-blind: he for creating, you for copying this bizarre color scheme.

In which universe is red to green as very common is to common?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is an awesome idea for a thread. All we need to do is to provide data to support it.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is an awesome idea for a thread. All we need to do is to provide data to support it.

you're free to provide it if you wish, but I would be skeptical of the findings given the number of mistyped individuals.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're free to provide it if you wish, but I would be skeptical of the findings given the number of mistyped individuals.

I guess the question is whether or not that mistyping is biased towards particular types.

Edit: Also, what else would you base it on?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess the question is whether or not that mistyping is biased towards particular types.
imo, it is (4, 5s and 8s are overtyped; 6s and 9s are undertyped)

Edit: Also, what else would you base it on?
mostly experience/observation

of course, any data you can provide will make for a useful comparison.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
imo, it is (4, 5s and 8s are overtyped; 6s and 9s are undertyped)

of course, any data you can provide will make for a useful comparison.

Having spent a lot of time going through the enneagram forum here, 9s seem to be talked about a lot. I do believe 6s are undertyped. 5s are talked about surprisingly little. There are two options if we want real data. First, we could look at our own stats. The second thing we could do is reach out to someone who does this professionally and see if they have data they would be willing to contribute.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Having spent a lot of time going through the enneagram forum here, 9s seem to be talked about a lot. I do believe 6s are undertyped. 5s are talked about surprisingly little. There are two options if we want real data. First, we could look at our own stats. The second thing we could do is reach out to someone who does this professionally and see if they have data they would be willing to contribute.

I like option #2 better, but that would be a lot more work on your end, so your choice.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like option #2 better, but that would be a lot more work on your end, so your choice.

I can ask one person I've had interaction with. Let me see if she is willing to respond.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My experience is that 1s are undertyped while 6s are overtyped. What the?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My experience is that 1s are undertyped while 6s are overtyped. What the?

Hm. I think 6s are undertyped. The descriptions are not particularly flattering. Not sure about 1s.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WHich leads to:

Also, what else would you base it on?

And you're own experience/observation is a trustable enough source of knowledge to stand on his own? What about your bias?

I say either let a professional contribue to it, or open up a poll.