• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] What's your trifix

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. :)

I'm not demanding/critical/perfectionist in the light of the 541 description; it doesn't ring true to me or any 'expectations' I have/demand out of others.

(513 ringed much more true to me than 514... even though to your point, 513 / all of the descriptions sound somewhat negative)

I don't think 512 is possible. In fact I didn't include 2 in any possibilities because I don't think I'm altruistic at all... at least motivation-wise.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w6(8w7)>1w2(9w1)>3w4(4w5) Sp/Sx

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
6w7 - 1w2 - 4w5 (But I'm still learning!)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
953, apparently.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4w5-9w1-7w6 sx-so

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just a thought: if one is adding wings to all trifix types, does it amount to saying which 3 Enneagram types one is not?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One could argue that you can still access those three through the stress and growth moments ;)

Silveresque

964 - The Seeker

If you are 964, you are accepting, inquisitive and intuitive. You want to be peaceful, certain and original. You are very sensitive and can experience intense feelings of self-doubt and uncertainty. As a result you need multiple sources of confirmation. You want to be individualistic but can fear being separate from others.

Your life mission is to raise the questions pertaining to the mysteries of life and share your findings with others. A true seeker, you are happiest when you feel you can answer the question of who you are.

You can be so focused on your feelings, insecurities and doubts that you can feel paralyzed by the fear of making the wrong decision and of being misled or duped.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One could argue that you can still access those three through the stress and growth moments ;)

What you would call "access", I would call "panic." :dry:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just a thought: if one is adding wings to all trifix types, does it amount to saying which 3 Enneagram types one is not?
I have wondered about this. My far-from-expert opinion is that it essentially orders the enneagram types by how (much) they influence your motivations. Also, don't forget the direction of integration, which may not be in the trifix, even as a wing.

Grin..consider it a challenge for growth, my sweet INTJ ;)
Not this again. And I was just about to welcome you back.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trifix and tritype are not exactly the same ... reference here.
So what is trifix, then? What this reference describes as tritype is what I have always thought of as trifix. The opening paragraph mentions the two terms in contrast, but does not explain the distinction.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
So what is trifix, then? What this reference describes as tritype is what I have always thought of as trifix. The opening paragraph mentions the two terms in contrast, but does not explain the distinction.

Hmm, it's messy.

Here's a FB link from Enneagram Explorations to explain their use of the term tritype vs trifix: here

Finding information online about trifix specifically is difficult. Here's an brief explanation of Ichazo's trifix via a training course they run:

AUTODIAGNOSIS

The Autodiagnosis training opens the central process of Proto*analysis® (self-analysis), which is to discover, by inquiring into personal experiences of early life and childhood, how these experiences affect and determine our entire ego development and life. The self-diagnosis (Autodiagnosis) method provides us with the recognition and understanding of our three Fixations or TrifixTM in a scientific and clearly delineated way. Once the Trifix is established and analyzed, our process of self-observation accelerates and we clarify each aspect of our Trifix into the Higher States of Mind. When we understand ourselves intimately and knowledgeably, our life changes, acquiring meaning, purpose and True Self.

Each individual has three Fixations, which correspond to the three Instincts as proposed in the Protoanalytical TheoryTM. One Fixation is the major or predominant ego-entity and the other two Fixations are the Minor Fixations or co-egos. When we discover our three Fixations, we are able to observe the pattern of the triad in respect to our own subjectivity. Then we can determine the process of the ego and acquire objective self-observation. Specific enneagrams and their application are used to free the individual from our endless subjective processes into a level of understanding of Objective Reality. This training can be easily assimilated and processed by those new to the Work, opening the path to Self-realization.

source: http://www.arica.org/system/lineschool.cfm#AUTODIAGNOSIS

Edit: Here's a good introductory page to Ichazo / Arica too: link here

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In other words, it's all the same thing, more or less, but someone has a vested interest in making the terms separate. No technical difference to be found other than the specifics of the Fauvre's research.