User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Just a thought: if one is adding wings to all trifix types, does it amount to saying which 3 Enneagram types one is not?
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

One could argue that you can still access those three through the stress and growth moments

964 - The Seeker

If you are 964, you are accepting, inquisitive and intuitive. You want to be peaceful, certain and original. You are very sensitive and can experience intense feelings of self-doubt and uncertainty. As a result you need multiple sources of confirmation. You want to be individualistic but can fear being separate from others.

Your life mission is to raise the questions pertaining to the mysteries of life and share your findings with others. A true seeker, you are happiest when you feel you can answer the question of who you are.

You can be so focused on your feelings, insecurities and doubts that you can feel paralyzed by the fear of making the wrong decision and of being misled or duped.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    One could argue that you can still access those three through the stress and growth moments
    What you would call "access", I would call "panic."

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    What you would call "access", I would call "panic."
    Grin..consider it a challenge for growth, my sweet INTJ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Just a thought: if one is adding wings to all trifix types, does it amount to saying which 3 Enneagram types one is not?
    I have wondered about this. My far-from-expert opinion is that it essentially orders the enneagram types by how (much) they influence your motivations. Also, don't forget the direction of integration, which may not be in the trifix, even as a wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Grin..consider it a challenge for growth, my sweet INTJ
    Not this again. And I was just about to welcome you back.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Trifix and tritype are not exactly the same ... reference here.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Trifix and tritype are not exactly the same ... reference here.
    So what is trifix, then? What this reference describes as tritype is what I have always thought of as trifix. The opening paragraph mentions the two terms in contrast, but does not explain the distinction.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    So what is trifix, then? What this reference describes as tritype is what I have always thought of as trifix. The opening paragraph mentions the two terms in contrast, but does not explain the distinction.
    Hmm, it's messy.

Here's a FB link from Enneagram Explorations to explain their use of the term tritype vs trifix: here

Finding information online about trifix specifically is difficult. Here's an brief explanation of Ichazo's trifix via a training course they run:

AUTODIAGNOSIS

The Autodiagnosis training opens the central process of Proto*analysis® (self-analysis), which is to discover, by inquiring into personal experiences of early life and childhood, how these experiences affect and determine our entire ego development and life. The self-diagnosis (Autodiagnosis) method provides us with the recognition and understanding of our three Fixations or TrifixTM in a scientific and clearly delineated way. Once the Trifix is established and analyzed, our process of self-observation accelerates and we clarify each aspect of our Trifix into the Higher States of Mind. When we understand ourselves intimately and knowledgeably, our life changes, acquiring meaning, purpose and True Self.

Each individual has three Fixations, which correspond to the three Instincts as proposed in the Protoanalytical TheoryTM. One Fixation is the major or predominant ego-entity and the other two Fixations are the Minor Fixations or co-egos. When we discover our three Fixations, we are able to observe the pattern of the triad in respect to our own subjectivity. Then we can determine the process of the ego and acquire objective self-observation. Specific enneagrams and their application are used to free the individual from our endless subjective processes into a level of understanding of Objective Reality. This training can be easily assimilated and processed by those new to the Work, opening the path to Self-realization.
    source: http://www.arica.org/system/linescho...#AUTODIAGNOSIS

Edit: Here's a good introductory page to Ichazo / Arica too: link here
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

In other words, it's all the same thing, more or less, but someone has a vested interest in making the terms separate. No technical difference to be found other than the specifics of the Fauvre's research.