• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Theme Songs V2.0

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
9w1

Just the hook, honestly, but the intermittent lyris are hilarious.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Lol. Why so many Metal songs for fives? Are we kinda aggressive or is it just because so many INTx listen to it?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol. Why so many Metal songs for fives? Are we kinda aggressive or is it just because so many INTx listen to it?
Because a huge percentage of metal songs are so obviously 5 that they're low-hanging fruit! :laugh:

If you want non-metal songs, check out some early stuff by Joe Jackson or Elvis Costello. That's a pair of new wave type 5 cynics, right there.

I

Infinite Bubble

Okay, I'll be the pretentious elitist and post some classical pieces. I've tried to match the mood of each with what I perceive the types to be. Might post some for the rest of the types later if I can think of any.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Could see this one being either 5, 4, or 9...

Thoughts?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] Inclined to say 5-ish but I could be biased. But in general I find that the tone of the song is not emotionally volatile enough to be 4 and it's not positive enough for a 9. It does however sound rather detached and the lyrics hint at this as well:

There's a place in a piney hollow
That no one but me can find
Some Choctaw built it in the hillside
Stone by stone in a simpler time
It's a holy place, my daddy showed me
Back before this land of mine
On the blue side of the mountain
Where the sun don't ever shine
So deep and dark like a hurtin' down in my heart
Maybe somethin' there will show me some kind of sign

I'm going back to a world of shadow
Gotta find some peace, for I lose my mind
So deep and dark like a hurtin' down in my heart
Maybe somethin' there will show me some kind of sign

There's a need to withdraw to search for answers, and it's also implied that the withdrawal occurred due to emotional vulnerability but it's mentioned in such an aside way so very detached. Also, the landscape depicted in the lyrics don't seem to add up to how I tend to view 9 lyrics that are more idyllic and idealistic. I think a great example of a famous 9 artist is Enya. I can't think of any famous 4 artist right now aside Marilyn Manson, but it's just interesting for contrast anyway:

Look at me now
I've got no religion
Look at me now
I'm so vacant
Look at me now
I was a virgin
Look at me now
Grew up to be a whore
And I want it
I believe it

I'm a million different things
And not a one you know

Hey, and our mommies are lost now
Hey, daddy's someone else
Hey, and we love the abuse
Because it makes us feel like we are needed now

But I know
I wanna disappear
I wanna die young

And Sell my soul
Use up all your drugs
And make me come
Yesterday man,
I was a nihilist and
Now today I'm
Just too fucking bored
And I want it
I believe it
By the time I'm old enough
I won't know anything at all
Hey, and our mommies are lost now
Hey, daddy's someone else
Hey, and we love the abuse
Because it makes us feel like we are needed now
But I know
I wanna disappear

Notice the overall tendency towards self-pity. Life's just too cruel to me, life's too difficult for me.

Let me sail, let me sail,
Let the Orinoco Flow,
Let me reach, let me beach
On the shores of Tripoli.
Let me sail, let me sail,
Let me crash upon your shore,
Let me reach, let me beach
Far beyond the Yellow Sea.

Sail away, sail away, sail away. [Repeat: x4]

From Bissau to Palau, in the shade of Avalon,
From Fiji to Tiree and the Isles of Ebony,
From Peru to Cebu hear the power of Babylon,
From Bali to Cali, far beneath the Coral Sea.

Turn it up, turn it up, turn it up, up, adieu. Oh. [Repeat: x3]

Sail away, sail away, sail away. [Repeat: x4]

From the North to the South, Ebudæ into Khartoum,
From the deep sea of Clouds to the island of the moon,
Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never been,
Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen.
We can sail, we can sail with the Orinoco Flow,
We can sail, we can sail.
(Sail away, sail away, sail away)

We can steer, we can near
With Rob Dickins at the wheel,
We can sigh, say goodbye Ross and his dependencies
We can sail, we can sail

We can reach, we can beach,
On the shores of Tripoli,
We can sail, we can sail
From Bali to Cali, far beneath the Coral Sea,
We can sail, we can sail
From Bissau to Palau, in the shade of Avalon,
We can sail, we can sail
We can reach, we can beach,
Far beyond the Yellow Sea,
We can sail, we can sail
From Peru to Cebu hear the power of Babylon,

She's not even writing a song about actual reality but she's depicting this fantasy landscape. The song you linked is clearly an attempt to describe a certain state of mind, it's still anchored in reality in some way, and Marilyn Manson is well, Marilyn Manson. He wrote that song because that is how he felt about drug abuse. Enya though? It's about this romantic and fantastic adventure where everything is happy and fluffy, to exaggerate a bit. There's also the tendency towards fulfilling one's self-potential, we can sail which to me at least suggests 9 > 3. But yes, Enya is like magic still exists. I think for example that the early Harry Potter books had a similar vibe (J. K. Rowling is often typed as a 9) where we just enter this fantastic fantasy world where great adventures occur.

Maybe someone else has any thoughts?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Good question. I love metal though so I'm clearly biased here, and I've come to the realization that a lot of the music I listen to tend to fall on the 5-8 axis with a 4 flair tossed in, maybe some sx frustration too. With that said, I think it makes sense for many 5s to seek out the counter-culture of heavy metal because there's a general tendency to think that heavy metal is more complex as a music form than say, pop music. It has a snobbish intellectual superior vibe that I think a 5 would potentially appreciate (I am not going to lie when I say I did when I was younger too, until I grew out of my emo counter-culture attitude). There's also this entire subbranch which tries to explore the connection between metal and science in some way, by having lyrics very focused on science and scientific phenomena. I already mentioned Scar Symmetry and Dark Tranquillity here as two examples.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
LeaT said:
With that said, I think it makes sense for many 5s to seek out the counter-culture of heavy metal because there's a general tendency to think that heavy metal is more complex as a music form than say, pop music. It has a snobbish intellectual superior vibe that I think a 5 would potentially appreciate.

Yeah that's probably true.
But there's also a kind of Pop music in that genre. Especially depressed teenagers listen to that stuff. Most of the song texts are all about lost love, suicidal thoughts and hatred. There's no intellectual vibe at all.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah that's probably true.
But there's also a kind of Pop music in that genre. Especially depressed teenagers listen to that stuff. Most of the song texts are all about lost love, suicidal thoughts and hatred. There's no intellectual vibe at all.

Yes, but I would also argue that those bands/songs are 4-ish, not 5-ish. I would suggest to check out some of the songs/bands I listed for a comparison.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(378 tritype?)

7!!!!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This video is so cp6w7!
You're right; One of the girls I always go clubbing with is a counterphobic six, and that's pretty much how it always goes down. :laugh:

The detachment theme in the lyrics isn't all that six-ish, though. Which is why I thought 3 or 7 or 8 (or 378, lol).

Nicki

Retired
You're right; One of the girls I always go clubbing with is a counterphobic six, and that's pretty much how it always goes down. :laugh:

The detachment theme in the lyrics isn't all that six-ish, though. Which is why I thought 3 or 7 or 8 (or 378, lol).

Yeah, I agree, at first it seems like some 7w8ish or three-ish song but then these lyrics...

Girls, we do, whatever it will take
Cause girls don't want, we don't want our hearts to break in two
So it's better to be fake, can't risk losing
In love again, ba-abe

give the cp6 away! :D

Nicki

Retired

Yeah, I agree, at first it seems like some 7w8ish or three-ish song but then these lyrics...

In love again, ba-abe

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

In love again, ba-abe

I guess. :/ I'm thrown off by the word "fake" because I just don't associate cp6 with any sort of fakery. If anything, I see them as being overly honest (sometimes to the point of making enemies and/or lacking tact)...