• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] BlackCat's MBTI and Enneatype correlation chart

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would like to find specimens of the following:

ENTJ 9
INFP 8
ISFJ 7
INTP 2
ESFP 5

I may even offer a reward.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
I was looking for examples of people that are relatively known and could actually see how they behave.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION]
a few more "impossible" types
- Stewie Griffin: INTJ 8w7 Sp/?? (and he is exactly like my INTJ 8w7 friend, whom I'm 100% sure is typed correctly, so yes, they are possible)
- Winnie the Pooh: ISFP 9w1 Sp/So

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm curious about people who say that every MBTI type can be any enneagram type. I used to believe that, but now I'm not so sure. For example, does anyone have a real life example of an ESFJ 5 or a Te dominant 9?

I know an ESTJ 9 male, self-typed. He's not afraid of conflict and does his best to deal with it swiftly and work out a positive solution. However, he seems to avoid it as much as possible, and it makes him unhappy when he has to deal with what he perceives to be unnecessary conflict. (In comparison to myself as a NeFi 6, who is afraid of conflict but tends to mull in it.)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Question regarding the blank spaces; are they merely correlations that are simply exceptionally rare, or do you believe that they're inherently incompatible with each other?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a few more "impossible" types
- Stewie Griffin: INTJ 8w7 Sp/?? (and he is exactly like my INTJ 8w7 friend, whom I'm 100% sure is typed correctly, so yes, they are possible)
- Winnie the Pooh: ISFP 9w1 Sp/So

I'm pretty sure Stewie is an ENTP CP 6. One reason why I haven't really listened to your input on this much is because I happen to disagree on quite a few of your typings, and you have changed your type a lot IIRC.

Question regarding the blank spaces; are they merely correlations that are simply exceptionally rare, or do you believe that they're inherently incompatible with each other?

Well once I get a new network card for my PC (and stop using public computers) then I'm going to do a few tweaks, namely with what you just pointed out. I think that there are some combinations that are exceptionally rare that I have over sighted on my list; and also some that I simply forgot to point out since I made it when I was really tired.

I didn't plan on these technical issues :p but I want to elaborate more on some of my typings and why some are "impossible" later. I'd consider this list more of a rough draft than anything.

I'll be consistently updating my OP until I feel that it's good enough, and the things I need to do will always be present. :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well once I get a new network card for my PC (and stop using public computers) then I'm going to do a few tweaks, namely with what you just pointed out. I think that there are some combinations that are exceptionally rare that I have over sighted on my list; and also some that I simply forgot to point out since I made it when I was really tired.

I didn't plan on these technical issues :p but I want to elaborate more on some of my typings and why some are "impossible" later. I'd consider this list more of a rough draft than anything.

I'll be consistently updating my OP until I feel that it's good enough, and the things I need to do will always be present. :)

Ah, good then, I'll be patiently awaiting your future edits.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would like to find specimens of the following:

ENTJ 9
INFP 8
ISFJ 7
INTP 2
ESFP 5

I may even offer a reward.

I actually know two INFP 8s IRL. I've seen an INFP 8 in fiction or as a celebrity, but I can't remember who it is.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP - 6w7 common ; 6w5 rare

INFP 6w5 doesn't seem rares.

ISFP - 6w7 common ; 6w5 rare

I think it's right.

INFJ - 6w7 rare; 6w5 very common

Yeah.

ISFJ - 6w7 rare; 6w5 very common

ISFJ 6w7 are pretty currents.

ENFP - 6w7 common ; 6w5 rare

I'd say "moderately common" rather than "rare" for ENFP 6w5.

ESFP - 6w7 uncommon; 6w5 rare

ESFP 6w7: very commons. ESFP 6w5: quite rares.

ESFJ - 6w7 common; 6w5 rare

ESFJ 6w7: very common. ESFJ 6w5: moderately common.

ENFJ - 6w7 uncommon; 6w5 uncommon

Same than for ESFJ, see above.

INTP - 6w7 rare; 6w5 very common

I'd say "quite rare", but other than that, I think you're right.

ISTP - 6w7 very common; 6w5 very common

ISTP 6w7: quite rare. ISTP 6w5: very common.

INTJ - 6w7 rare; 6w5 very common

Yes.

ISTJ - 6w7 rare; 6w5 very common

Yes.

ENTP - 6w7 uncommon; 6w5 rare

ENTP 6w7: common. ENTP 6w5: common.

ESTP - 6w7 uncommon; 6w5 rare

ESTP 6w7: very common ESTP 6w5: quite rare.

ENTJ - 6w7 rare; 6w5 rare

ENTJ 6w7: common ENTJ 6w5: common

ESTJ - 6w7 uncommon; 6w5 common

Yes.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

[youtube=upVTknWQPNo]Kim Kardashian ISFJ 7w6 So/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=teUWdsPrxLc]Kirsten Dunst ISFJ 7w6 So/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=EqMoUYddoF4]Bruce Willis ISFJ 7w8 Sp/Sx[/youtube]

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I decided to make one for comparison, thanks for the idea :)
PS: sorry, it's pretty blurry

attachment.php

red = very common
green = common
blue = uncommon
purple = rare
white = very rare

Last edited:

Nephele

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wow, I'm an INFP 7w8 (have done the tests a million times to determine what I am). Apparently I don't exist :p I didn't think it was that rare?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
more 6w7 infps than 4w5?

yes, definitely.
4 is a pretty rare type. lots of people think that being emo, artistic, sensitive, individualist or a "special snowflake" makes them a 4.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
double post
grrr

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
enneatypechart.png

I've seen so many terrible correlation charts, that I decided to make my own when I was totally sure. I tried to make the colors as clear as possible for differentiation.

Keep in mind that this is open to change, but I'd say in general that this is my opinion, and not much of this will change. Hope this helps you guys!

Things that I need to change-

Need to add "Rare" to IXTP and type 1w9 correlation...
Need to add in 9w1 for ISFP, likely to uncommon.
Need to do a few tweaks with the 6 correlations.
Need to generally clean up the list and add a few more "rare" types.
Awesome. :yes:

I pretty much agree. Taking into acount the fact you are still refining it, my comments:

- I like the "never" squares. Some types are simply contradictory in nature and I tend believe mistyping explains the 'exceptions'.
- 6 being the common type for all I also agree with. I do think some types will correlate more (eg. ISFJ=6w7) and less but it shouldn't really dip below blue for any type.
- I can't say that 4w3 would be super common for INFP - perhaps uncommon or rare?
- I agree that 7w6 correlating with Pe-dom and not much with other functions
- I think Si generally correlates with 2 (perhaps more with 2w1 than 2w3)
- What's with the lack of a red square for INFJs? The seem to be at least strong in 1w2 and 4w5.
- Is ISFP= 9w8 a mistake? I presume you mean 9w1, although 9w8 might be common/uncommon.
- What conclusions do you think we should draw from the number of correlations for each type? You have some MBTI types correlating to many enneatypes and others to very few. Are some MBTI types more broad in their various manifestations (eg. ENFPs), while some more consistently, narrowly and clearly defined in their nature (eg. INTPs)?

yes, definitely.
4 is a pretty rare type. lots of people think that being emo, artistic, sensitive, individualist or a "special snowflake" makes them a 4.
4 might be rare but there's no way 6w7 is more common for INFP than 4w5. I mean simply take a look at the INFPs on this forum - probably 75% or more are 4w5. Are you say that a large numbers of them are mistyped? :dont:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION]
- 75% of the INFPs on this forum are not typed as 4s. maybe 40-60%
- yes, I do think a very large amount of people on this forum are mistyped
- mistyped as 4s and 5s in particular
- you'll notice 4w5 INFP is green (ie common), just not red (not extremely common) like 9w1 or 6w7 (both of which I think are more common in INFPs)

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well, Glycerine is an ENFJ 5. :laugh:

Some weird combinations I know:
- Two INFP 8s
- Two ENFP 8s
- Two INTP 7s

Completely coincidental that they are all in pairs of twos, by the way. :laugh:
I very much doubt Glycerine is a ENFJ 5.

I don't believe in INFP 8s. INFPs don't have the aggression and dominance; in fact the tend to possess the complete opposite of those qualities. I think ENFP 8s unlikely - I would think them mistyped 7w8s. A INTP 7 is a bit crazy too.