• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How wrong have you been? LOL!

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I've juggled 4w3, 3w4, 4w5, 1w2, and 1w9. I'll let you know when I found the right one.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you previously mistyped yourself?
Yes, initially as 4w5, then as 5w4

How long did this mistyping occur?
Not very long. I was 4w5 for the first few months, 5w4 for probably half that long, then 9w1 ever since.

Why do you think you mistyped?
I filled out this quiz online and it told me I'm a 4. Also, I fancy myself sensitive, artsy-fartsy...well I'm an artist after all, and that I'm creative. I think a lot of people who think that of themselves think they're 4s, but quite often they are not. Also, I guess 4 sounds more 'sexy' than 9s, which to me just initially just sounds rather bland.

Are you confident in your typing now?
very! I'm a very fourish nine, but I'm definitely a nine.

spiderfrommars

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At first I thought I was a 5. I think I was disintegrating to 5 at the time, because of my depression. But I was also identifying too much with how nerdy and analytical the description sounded. "Hey, I categorize and analyze everything in the world! That's what I'm doing right now!" Then I thought I was a 9, again depression was at work, making me numb– I forgot that my behavior (comfort eating, watching movies and vegging out all the time) was not typical of me. Someone on this forum set me straight quick, and told me I sounded like an 8, not a 9. It fit. At first I resisted the idea of the growth arrow to 2, but now I see those behaviors in myself sometimes. I'm very confident in my typing as an 8w7 SP. Beyond that I am unsure. I constantly question my tritype– 5w6 or 6w5? And I don't identify with any heart type. I have 3w4 in my tritype now but I am not confident. My mother thinks I am a 4w5.

MBTI…yeah. First, I thought I was an INFJ. I have no idea why. Then I typed INTP, then ENTJ, then ISTP. At least the T was consistent! I know now I'm a xNTP, but not positive about I/E. I swear I am 50% exactly I/E. Very frustrating!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
How wrong have you been? LOL!

I haven't (at least not about this).

I knew I was an ENTJ the moment I read the description.

I knew I was an 8 the instant I read that description.

I knew I was an 8w9 the instant [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] started telling me about them.

I haven't had a moment of doubt since...

But then again I'm not really normal.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's just say I spent 14 odd months posting on PerC believing the following

- First as an INFJ 6w5 [no one doubted my type]

- This followed with an extended stint as an ENFJ 6w7, 9w8, 3w4 [where I had quite a few people relate to me to the point where I ended up losing a couple of friendships when I finally started really obsessing over my real type]

- I went with ENFJ 9w8, 6w7, 3w4 for a while but it didn't seem right and other posters pointed it out to me [while there were still some who believed it]

- Another really short-stint as an ENFJ 4w5 really brought out the doubters

- This was followed by a not-so-lengthy stint as an ENFJ 368 [when I realized that I was showing more unhealthy traits of the 9 which indicated disintegration of 3] which I changed to 369 because I always had more of a withdrawn nature. But never quite related to the "relate to the world" aspect of the 369 and felt I was much too dark and surreal for a typical 369 and started researching 359 instead. I also found a test from last year where I had tested 5w6 first and for no reason at all discarded it back then.

- And the shit really hit the ceiling when I finally realized that I've been a 3w4 disintegrated to 9 ENTP in an inferior Si grip for more than a year. My other fixes are 5w6 and 9w1.

I think a lot of people started thinking that I'm fake by that point and I have been poorly misjudged when throughout my type changes I had consistently told people that I'm being as honest as I possibly could be. Now I've finally got it right as a sx/sp 3w4 ENTP [with an overly developed Fe and neglected Ti]. It took more than a year, but I finally got it right.

So -- I've been terribly wrong with my self-exploration --- but finally got it right. However, I did pay the price with a few lost relationships in the process. But it doesn't matter. My discoveries are personal and other people can judge me however they like. I have no regrets.

Oh .. and I used this to determine my sub-wings: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/54152-subwings.html

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have you previously mistyped yourself? Yep I'm 9w8 So/Sx and mistyped as a 7w8 Sp/So.

How long did this mistyping occur? Don't know exactly, a couple of years maybe.

Why do you think you mistyped? I have a strong head fix and relate to many aspects of the 7, I have always scored highly as both types and while they are both avoidant and optimistic E7 is considered a natural fit for ENTP so it seemed most likely, add to that none of the stuff I read about 9s in disintegration seemed familiar at the time. So I went with 7w8 (and Sp/So to account for how low key I am compared to most 7s). It wasn't until I felt that it was answering nothing and showing no depth that I thought about considering the possibility of perusing another potential option. Once I found decent material it really was simply a matter of me allowing myself to accept that was reality.

Are you confidant in your typing now? So much it hurts.

You disgust me.

ENFJs are meanies!

R

Riva

1st I thought I was ENTJ
Then I though I was 3w4 for a week or two. Urghhh!
Oh did I mention that for the longest possible time I thought I am ENTP ;).

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought I was an INTP for a long time (and I've always wanted to be an INxJ), and also considered myself a 4w5 until recently.