• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How wrong have you been? LOL!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think I tested as 7w6 but I'm just not sure about it. It sounds to happy-happy. Although I could feel it doesn't fit because I'm getting old! :smile:

Starry

I originally thought I was a 6w7...until I finally recognized that I was just a fairly depressed 7w6. That is not a commentary on 6w7s...I just didn't relate to the happy-go-lucky 7w6 descriptions AT ALL in spite of the fact I was consistantly testing as a 7w6. Likewise...I'm starting to consider that I'm probably sx. I threw-out sx in the beginning because...at least with regards to the 6w7 descriptions it indicated a focus on things like 'femininity' and possibly an adherence to traditional gender roles, etc. which left me thinking ??? So yah...I'm now 99% positive that I'm 7w6...and about 90% positive with regards to sx/sp (this may explain why I basically relate to everything Lady X posts).

Starry

I think I tested as 7w6 but I'm just not sure about it. It sounds to happy-happy. Although I could feel it doesn't fit because I'm getting old! :smile:

I honestly think there is something seriously wrong with the 7 descriptions. It's almost like...if you don't feel like a *rock star* you can't possibly be that type.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sometimes feel like a rock star haha but yeah no I know what ya mean I'm super laid back and calm the majority of my days because I only get super energized in crowds of fun people and I just don't go out like I used to... Rarely in fact these days.

It took me awhile to realize I was a w6 instead of w8 I don't know why I'm such a 7w6 and have realized how strong my wing is. I'm totally an over thinker and a worrier and anxious etc like neurotically so

And I thought I was an sx/so forever but I'm pretty sure now that I'm sx/ sp because I just really don't see much so'ness at all.

Oh and backatcha starry! Me too!

G

garbage

The only types I've taken seriously are 3w4, 6w5, and 5w6. I'm pretty sure that 3w4 is me at my neurophysiologically healthiest, when medications have actually done their job. My condition comes with bouts of doubt, reclusion, lack of energy, and existential crises. And since I've only been on treatment that works for the past.. six months, I've been unsure for a while.

Turns out that, when that's out of the way, 3 is a damn good fit. At its core, it's a better fit for me than any other type in any typoological system.

Though, I leave room for the fact that I might be wrong.
Hell, if we're throwing MBTI in there as well, I've labeled myself as virtually every type under the sun.. though that's mostly because the system sucks.

The official MBTI pegged me as ENFJ, and JCF has me as some sort of intuition-dominant with strong extraverted judging. Socionics is even worse--bad enough that I don't even list that one. Analyzing any of that any further or trying to force myself into a strict function order is kinda fruitless.

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sometimes feel like a rock star haha but yeah no I know what ya mean I'm super laid back and calm the majority of my days because I only get super energized in crowds of fun people and I just don't go out like I used to... Rarely in fact these days.
It took me awhile to realize I was a w6 instead of w8 I don't know why I'm such a 7w6 and have realized how strong my wing is. I'm totally an over thinker and a worrier and anxious etc like neurotically so
And I thought I was an sx/so forever but I'm pretty sure now that I'm sx/ sp because I just really don't see much so'ness at all.
Oh and backatcha starry! Me too!

I sometimes think I could actually be a 7w6, though I don't exhibit much in the way of traditional 6 neuroses, there is a certain instinctual quality to the 8 that I completely lack. I've got a pretty powerful personality, but, in the rare instance that I am aggressive, it's VERY deliberate and premeditated. I think "I'm going to do it at this time, in this way with these tools and use X to make my escape and make sure that no authorities can find out". physical aggression is just so unnatural to me, even something like sports or playful rough housing I don't do well at (though this could also be related to inferior Sensing, Sp dom and the 7's core fear of pain). in fact, all my life I've been thoroughly perplexed by violent, aggressive people getting into fights while I sat there thinking "how do they do that? don't get care if they get hurt?"

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I sometimes think I could actually be a 7w6, though I don't exhibit much in the way of traditional 6 neuroses, there is a certain instinctual quality to the 8 that I completely lack. I've got a pretty powerful personality, but, in the rare instance that I am aggressive, it's VERY deliberate and premeditated. I think "I'm going to do it at this time, in this way with these tools and use X to make my escape and make sure that no authorities can find out". physical aggression is just so unnatural to me, even something like sports or playful rough housing I don't do well at (though this could also be related to inferior Sensing, Sp dom and the 7's core fear of pain). in fact, all my life I've been thoroughly perplexed by violent, aggressive people getting into fights while I sat there thinking "how do they do that? don't get care if they get hurt?"

I think that this is more of a self preservation thing than something that is related to the actual type .

G

Glycerine

I self-typed myself as 9w1 for like a year but after interacting with [MENTION=4722]Udog[/MENTION], I realized that we actually pretty different in how we perceived and interacted with the world. He being considerably more peaceful, happy-go-lucky, positive, engaged while I was more anxious, analytical, intense, and pessimistic. Also I just worked on a semester lon project with an ISTJ 9w1 and the exact same thing rang true for him.

I considered 3w4 but something didn't clicked. Although I am very goal-oriented and yearn for success, I just don't really fixate on the image quite like 3s. Believe me, I am self-conscious about the image because of Fe, but I will do and say on much of my accord... I'm not socially suave. Also, similar to the 9w1 analysis, I was just too anxious, analytical, intense, and pessimistic to fit 3.

I considered 6w5 but I didn't relate to the phobic/counter-phobic thing. I am a mix of both. I do care what others think and will not try not make waves but I say "screw it...whatever" alot. Also, I am more often detached/disengaged from the world in my own ideas as opposed to engaged.

I decided on 5w6 because of my detachment. I also have a tendency to fixate on topics that really interest me and will hoard information/resources. Along with that, I have a big insecurity in being seen as "stupid" or "incompetent" to the point where I think I have developed anxiety around social interactions and feeling like I don't know what to say. The annoying thing is that I am quite aware of it so I act even more awkward. However, with dom Fe, I have the compulsion to engage the world and extrovert the 5 critical commentary so there is some dissonance there. :peepwall:. Fe 5ness is a major contradiction. LOL (I can see why people don't believe me).

EDIT: I look like an odd combination 5,6, 3, 9 and because of Fe, I bit of 2 (but I hate when I get like that....I find it overbearing but I end up doing it anyways. :doh:).

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that 6 impacts our MBTI, as Fs... makes us more reserved and forward-looking and analytical. More ITJish. I know that I am very different from 7w8 and 2w3 ENFPs.

I definitely agree. Although personally I think I am much more ISFJ-ish than I am INTJ/ISTJ-ish, but I probably look T-ish to some people at least.

Then again, it's probably easier for an INFJ to look like another IxxJ than for an ENFP to look like an IxxJ. ;)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have you previously mistyped yourself?

In the MBTI system, initially tested as IXTJ back in high school.

I was first exposed to enneagram in college, initially typed as a 1w9

How long did this mistyping occur?

I don't know exactly how long. A few years I guess.

Why do you think you mistyped?

Pressure of school to be more SJ and 1 like.
Some wishful thinking on my part- want to see myself as productive J type and saw P as lazy.

Similar with enneagram, I saw 1 as being good and desirable and kind of disowned some of the 5 and 9 traits in myself.

Are you confidant in your typing now?

About 85% confident of MBTI type INTP. Still some doubts. I have close J/P so will often get INTJ but don't have the certainty they seem to possess. I'm far more tentative and wishy-washy. I've also developed F alot more throughout the years and I think that's why I've come out so close on T/F lately. Cognitive functions, INTP makes the most sense. Temperament wise, NT fits like a glove but interestingly I can relate a bit to SJ probably because of external pressure from school, family, etc. I was raised in pretty traditional SJ manner and I don't think my NTness was really understood by many. I do relate some to the ISxJ type descriptions though probably because I have pretty decently developed Si. I am definitely an introvert, that's probably the most sure part. Basically, I have seriously considered every introvert non-SP type at one time or another. I'm definitely not an SP. I'm too future oriented and not into the present enough and I have weak Se. Still gives me 6 possible types.

Enneagram wise, I'm a little less confident but still think 5w6 is most likely. I'd put it at about 70%. I'm pretty balanced between the two wings so have considered 5w4. I've also seriously considered 9w1. I've toyed with the idea of being some sort of 6 but I don't think that's too likely. I don't think any of the other enneagram types are likely for me, with 2 and 8 being the least likely and almost completely opposite to the way I operate.

Silveresque

I think I may be a 6w7 instead of 4w3. Yup. It kinda sucks when I consider how much I've written in e-gram threads about the 4w3 qualities and problems and <insert Charlie Brown telephone> whawhawah.

I don't like appearing wishy-washy because when others do this (sometimes on a weekly or daily basis) it tends to erode my trust in others self-perceptions (including my own, obviously) - NOTHING against people who are still seeking.

Anyhow, my question to you is:

And to anyone that has followed my posts and picked up on e-gram leanings.. feel free to PM me with what you've observed.

Your thoughts and experiences are appreciated. =)

I've mistyped myself so many times I've lost track. I've typed as INFP and INTP, 4w5, 5w4, 9w1, 9w8, and even 6w5, and I kept going in circles because I never could make up my mind. At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm a 9w1, mostly by process of elimination. I'm too disconnected from my feelings to be a 4, and not observant and intellectual enough to be a 5.

For a while I also had no idea about my instinctual variant. I could never decide whether I was sp/sx, sp/so, so/sp, or even so/sx. I eventually settled on sp/sx for a while, since the description seemed to fit me best. But after actually putting myself in group situations where I felt comfortable and involved, my true variant became apparent. I'm dedicated to the group, but it's hard for me to really bond with people. That's why I'm sp/so. It's so obvious now, but I hadn't really been in the right situations for it to show up, so there was no way I could have typed myself before.

Anyways, I'm now somewhat confident about my typing, though I do have occasional doubts where I wonder if I might be an INTP or a 6w5.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
When I started studying personality in general, I was pretty sure I was an INTJ, however I was very wrong about myself.. upon reflection and acceptance, I am no T, I was typing as I wanted to be seen, not as I truly was. Also, when I was first introduced to enneagram I typed myself as a 4w5, also totally off base...

I don't know really how long this went on as my study went more in depth and I became more accepting of who I actually was.. it was too gradual a process to be pinpointed.

I was mistyped by myself because honestly.. I loathed what turned out to be my misunderstandings of Fe.. and wanted nothing to do with it. I wanted to not be so captured by emotions and the dramatic anger that I had seen from them. I had a dominate Fe mother in law and sister in law that made me not want to be even in the same realm as they, personality wise. So I only saw what I wanted and created, and I'm so good at living in the world I create and ignoring reality. I'll do it for so long that I loose who I am.. and only seek to find myself after catastrophe has stripped my illusions away and I am left with myself.

I am confident with myself now. I identify with INFJ 9w1 and while I am less confidant with SX/SP/SO, I think it is a good guess for myself.

Any thoughts would also be welcome.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Heh. I used to think I was 4w5. I guess it made sense at the time--I have fairly intense emotional experiences, but when I suggested to someone that I was a 4 (who knows about enneagram), he kind of balked. And I understand why--as intensely as I FEEL, I do not demonstrate much. I am not very stormy.

Then I thought 9w1, which makes some sense on account of my conflict aversion. But a friend recently suggested that I'm a 6. How did you come to the conclusion (however tentative) that you are a 6, [MENTION=12991]Huxley3112[/MENTION]?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Back then I typed myself as a 4w5, have been 9w1 for a LONG while now.

Not too long, once I've started settling into the Enneagram (after MBTI) which was a few months at most.

I've started reading the enneagram and found out that 9's often take into account of other people and can often look like other types because of this. It is common to someone who is a 9 to seem like someone between a 4 and 5.

Pretty much. I had a time where I thought I might be a 1w9, but learning about the instincts, 9w1 SX/SO makes a little more sense of why I thought 1w9 might have fit.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've mistyped my enneagram for a long while (thought I was 5), lack of understanding in the subject. Apprached it from a much too conscious level.

As for my MBTI type, I think all the way in the beginning I was introduced, like the first day, I had some doubts and thought maybe ENTP, but that was shot down rather quickly. xD

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sort of. Someone else typed me as a 4w3... And I didn't know much about the enneagram at the time... So I didn't think anything of it. And the description isn't totally off to be honest. It just doesn't fit as well as 9w1 does.
Umm... It was probably four years ago that I was typed as a 4w3 and probably last year when I did a more thorough test that typed me as a 9w1. Reading the two descriptions again I realized that 9w1 was a lot more like me than 4w3 was.
Honestly? Because I was single when I originally took the test. I really, truly think that's why I missed the "needs harmony" aspect of a Type 9 because I wasn't in a relationship and wasn't thinking about that part of my life.
Fairly confident. I can definitely see why I am the way I am now... More than I could when I thought I was a 4w3.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
How did you come to the conclusion (however tentative) that you are a 6, [MENTION=12991]Huxley3112[/MENTION]?

Initially I thought 4w3, but things about the 4 didn't line up as well as they should. I thought these things could be explained by a heavy 3 wing.. but started to realize they don't. For instance, i do not like seeing myself as different from other people, it actually makes me uncomfortable. I don't mind having different ideas or style, but being fundamentally different creates worry, and I realized that I take great joy in finding similarities between myself and others, i connect better, and this is what i really prefer. While i was posting as a 4 i had a few people mssg me that i seemed more 3w4 than 4w3. okay.

THe problem with 3w4 is that I have rarely "played the game" to move myself up in hierarches. I lack the energy and focus a 3 would have, and while I do enjoy competition, it is in very friendly environment where I am sure no ones toes get stepped on. The result has never been as important as people are to me. I am even embarassed at times when I've been awarded or recognized, because I never want people to be threatened by me or feel bad about themselves in comparison. (I think I may inwardly worry about the consequences or retaliation too)

In every job I've had since about 19, I've taken on a workers activist/humanitarian role for the underdog. Just not officially. I didn't see this pattern until someone else pointed it out. I have gorged myself in company policy at times, not the details of my job, the big detail of employment. I will understand employee/employer rights like the back of my hand, and when I see any type of power abuse I'm fairly vocal with it in large meetings (where I present it in more of a questions format to draw attention to it, but not target myself specifically) and in personal one on one basis with other employees, which has caused many people to "seek me out" when they get their ass in tight spot and need support and direction. I can usually tell people if they are within their rights, how to manipulate it, how to cover their tracks and handle their failing with minimal risk.

Support and direction are key words. I thought I belonged in the identity issue triad because I felt like I don't have a solid grasp on who I am in ways (especially compared to the SJ's).. but what I realized is that it is only when my external model is threatened or falls, something i've invested alot into, that I lose my standing. This might be a relationship, school of thought (Taoism), political stance, etc.

I recognized intense emotional reactivity (especially when going CP 6) and thought it was 4, but it's not the same. I don't like to wallow in emotions and feel out of control when I do it. Control is another keyword. I can not tolerate hanging in the balance with anything, a job, a person, etc. I will actually provoke situations (to my detriment at times) only to find closure in where I stand. Somehow, the worst outcome is actually better than "not-knowing" for me.

Being Sx drew me to alot of parallels with the 4.. but I read that 4's are true introverts and I definately am not. 6's are often more ambivert, they appreciate their alone time but need that constant checkback with the external world to feel okay.

When I read the 6 scrip it sounded so doubtful, skeptical, pessimistic, I was sure I couldn't be this (enter 7 wing). I ping-poing between the extremes, and run CP more often than phobic these days, but if that does not produce the necessary stability I charge into a CP, who gives a fuck, let the cards fall where they will, and can be very confrontational.

If I have to go in for any kind of medical surgery, I will look up every possible outcome, especially dangerous or life-threatening ones. Everyone around me thinks this is just bizarre, but I am made more comfortable by knowing. I feel that If i know it all, then when or if something goes wrong I can spot it fast and correct it before it gets out of hand. I went in for a laprascopy once, refused to be sedated! They had their entire medical staff trying to convince me and eventually gave up giving me a mild sedative and allowing me to consciously watch the entire thing. Pretty crazy huh. lol.

E6 really does seem like the best fit, and I've become much more self-aware with reactivity issues. When I take tests I come out with high scores in 6, 3, 7, 8 and 5. (I think I read these are common scores for e6 too).

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Initially I thought 4w3, but things about the 4 didn't line up as well as they should. I thought these things could be explained by a heavy 3 wing.. but started to realize they don't. For instance, i do not like seeing myself as different from other people, it actually makes me uncomfortable. I don't mind having different ideas or style, but being fundamentally different creates worry, and I realized that I take great joy in finding similarities between myself and others, i connect better, and this is what i really prefer. While i was posting as a 4 i had a few people mssg me that i seemed more 3w4 than 4w3. okay.

THe problem with 3w4 is that I have rarely "played the game" to move myself up in hierarches. I lack the energy and focus a 3 would have, and while I do enjoy competition, it is in very friendly environment where I am sure no ones toes get stepped on. The result has never been as important as people are to me. I am even embarassed at times when I've been awarded or recognized, because I never want people to be threatened by me or feel bad about themselves in comparison. (I think I may inwardly worry about the consequences or retaliation too)

In every job I've had since about 19, I've taken on a workers activist/humanitarian role for the underdog. Just not officially. I didn't see this pattern until someone else pointed it out. I have gorged myself in company policy at times, not the details of my job, the big detail of employment. I will understand employee/employer rights like the back of my hand, and when I see any type of power abuse I'm fairly vocal with it in large meetings (where I present it in more of a questions format to draw attention to it, but not target myself specifically) and in personal one on one basis with other employees, which has caused many people to "seek me out" when they get their ass in tight spot and need support and direction. I can usually tell people if they are within their rights, how to manipulate it, how to cover their tracks and handle their failing with minimal risk.

Support and direction are key words. I thought I belonged in the identity issue triad because I felt like I don't have a solid grasp on who I am in ways (especially compared to the SJ's).. but what I realized is that it is only when my external model is threatened or falls, something i've invested alot into, that I lose my standing. This might be a relationship, school of thought (Taoism), political stance, etc.

I recognized intense emotional reactivity (especially when going CP 6) and thought it was 4, but it's not the same. I don't like to wallow in emotions and feel out of control when I do it. Control is another keyword. I can not tolerate hanging in the balance with anything, a job, a person, etc. I will actually provoke situations (to my detriment at times) only to find closure in where I stand. Somehow, the worst outcome is actually better than "not-knowing" for me.

Being Sx drew me to alot of parallels with the 4.. but I read that 4's are true introverts and I definately am not. 6's are often more ambivert, they appreciate their alone time but need that constant checkback with the external world to feel okay.

When I read the 6 scrip it sounded so doubtful, skeptical, pessimistic, I was sure I couldn't be this (enter 7 wing). I ping-poing between the extremes, and run CP more often than phobic these days, but if that does not produce the necessary stability I charge into a CP, who gives a fuck, let the cards fall where they will, and can be very confrontational.

If I have to go in for any kind of medical surgery, I will look up every possible outcome, especially dangerous or life-threatening ones. Everyone around me thinks this is just bizarre, but I am made more comfortable by knowing. I feel that If i know it all, then when or if something goes wrong I can spot it fast and correct it before it gets out of hand. I went in for a laprascopy once, refused to be sedated! They had their entire medical staff trying to convince me and eventually gave up giving me a mild sedative and allowing me to consciously watch the entire thing. Pretty crazy huh. lol.

E6 really does seem like the best fit, and I've become much more self-aware with reactivity issues. When I take tests I come out with high scores in 6, 3, 7, 8 and 5. (I think I read these are common scores for e6 too).

Thank you for sharing! So interesting. I connect to a lot of this. I should break open my enneagram book (a friend of mine wanted to chat enneagram anyway) and see what's in there. Type 6 always just seemed really unappealing to me--I think a lot of the descriptions are really negative for 6. But the underdog/activist thing--that makes some sense for me. I am not sure what wing would make sense (which was another reason I stopped considering 6).