Not very long. I was 4w5 for the first few months, 5w4 for probably half that long, then 9w1 ever since.
Why do you think you mistyped?
I filled out this quiz online and it told me I'm a 4. Also, I fancy myself sensitive, artsy-fartsy...well I'm an artist after all, and that I'm creative. I think a lot of people who think that of themselves think they're 4s, but quite often they are not. Also, I guess 4 sounds more 'sexy' than 9s, which to me just initially just sounds rather bland.
Are you confident in your typing now?
very! I'm a very fourish nine, but I'm definitely a nine.
At first I thought I was a 5. I think I was disintegrating to 5 at the time, because of my depression. But I was also identifying too much with how nerdy and analytical the description sounded. "Hey, I categorize and analyze everything in the world! That's what I'm doing right now!" Then I thought I was a 9, again depression was at work, making me numb– I forgot that my behavior (comfort eating, watching movies and vegging out all the time) was not typical of me. Someone on this forum set me straight quick, and told me I sounded like an 8, not a 9. It fit. At first I resisted the idea of the growth arrow to 2, but now I see those behaviors in myself sometimes. I'm very confident in my typing as an 8w7 SP. Beyond that I am unsure. I constantly question my tritype– 5w6 or 6w5? And I don't identify with any heart type. I have 3w4 in my tritype now but I am not confident. My mother thinks I am a 4w5.
MBTI…yeah. First, I thought I was an INFJ. I have no idea why. Then I typed INTP, then ENTJ, then ISTP. At least the T was consistent! I know now I'm a xNTP, but not positive about I/E. I swear I am 50% exactly I/E. Very frustrating!
Let's just say I spent 14 odd months posting on PerC believing the following
- First as an INFJ 6w5 [no one doubted my type]
- This followed with an extended stint as an ENFJ 6w7, 9w8, 3w4 [where I had quite a few people relate to me to the point where I ended up losing a couple of friendships when I finally started really obsessing over my real type]
- I went with ENFJ 9w8, 6w7, 3w4 for a while but it didn't seem right and other posters pointed it out to me [while there were still some who believed it]
- Another really short-stint as an ENFJ 4w5 really brought out the doubters
- This was followed by a not-so-lengthy stint as an ENFJ 368 [when I realized that I was showing more unhealthy traits of the 9 which indicated disintegration of 3] which I changed to 369 because I always had more of a withdrawn nature. But never quite related to the "relate to the world" aspect of the 369 and felt I was much too dark and surreal for a typical 369 and started researching 359 instead. I also found a test from last year where I had tested 5w6 first and for no reason at all discarded it back then.
- And the shit really hit the ceiling when I finally realized that I've been a 3w4 disintegrated to 9 ENTP in an inferior Si grip for more than a year. My other fixes are 5w6 and 9w1.
I think a lot of people started thinking that I'm fake by that point and I have been poorly misjudged when throughout my type changes I had consistently told people that I'm being as honest as I possibly could be. Now I've finally got it right as a sx/sp 3w4 ENTP [with an overly developed Fe and neglected Ti]. It took more than a year, but I finally got it right.
So -- I've been terribly wrong with my self-exploration --- but finally got it right. However, I did pay the price with a few lost relationships in the process. But it doesn't matter. My discoveries are personal and other people can judge me however they like. I have no regrets.
Oh .. and I used this to determine my sub-wings: Subwings
Have you previously mistyped yourself? Yep I'm 9w8 So/Sx and mistyped as a 7w8 Sp/So.
How long did this mistyping occur? Don't know exactly, a couple of years maybe.
Why do you think you mistyped? I have a strong head fix and relate to many aspects of the 7, I have always scored highly as both types and while they are both avoidant and optimistic E7 is considered a natural fit for ENTP so it seemed most likely, add to that none of the stuff I read about 9s in disintegration seemed familiar at the time. So I went with 7w8 (and Sp/So to account for how low key I am compared to most 7s). It wasn't until I felt that it was answering nothing and showing no depth that I thought about considering the possibility of perusing another potential option. Once I found decent material it really was simply a matter of me allowing myself to accept that was reality.
Are you confidant in your typing now? So much it hurts.