User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Have you previously mistyped yourself?
    How long did this mistyping occur?
    Why do you think you mistyped?
    The first year or so I was on the forum, I thought I was a 4w5. It makes sense though, as at the time I was still generally unhappy with my life/who I was, so was caught up in a lot of feeling-swirls and off-and-on mild depression/confusion/sadness.

When I started feeling a bit better and shifting some baseline perceptions and assumptions about things, and also reading of 4 experiences on here and learning more about enneagram, and realizing that I probably wasn't a 4, I briefly thought I was a type 1. But through more reading/etc, I realized that as a child and even now, I don't have the core drive/issues/hangups that a 1 has. Also, knowing a few IxxJ 1's irl, I think I differ quite a bit from them. (If we go with tritype, I'm possibly a 513 / 531, though)

Are you confidant in your typing now?
    Yes, I am. I'm not super set on the w4, as I've not really really dug into all of that, but I don't have any good reason to doubt it, and am not that concerned about the wings anyway. I'm confident in the 5.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Always been pretty sure on ENFP, though i did entertain mild variants (but not seriously).

One thing i was unsure about was enneagram. I would have 7 and 2 neck and neck mostly and was riley quite cross that i couldn't be a 2w7 or 7w2 (yes, yes, the system). I was misdiagnosed as a 2.

Since looking into it more i realise i am a 7w6... and it is very clear now.

Oh also i tested sx/sp but managed to put sx/so mistakenly on my profile for a while, i got used to seeing it there and started to believe that must be correct.
    Again i looked into it a little and found the error. Yep... pretty damn squiffy.

ENFP 7w6 sx/sp....... thas me.

(Socionics though...ugh!)
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

yes as NFP 4w3

oh at least a year, I also mistyped in the very beginning as INFJ on functions tests

because I believed the hype that in order to be a literary type I must be an NF; also because I think my Ni was high on functions tests because I was overestimating my tertiary Ni; I fit the SP description I think better than NF, but I am definitely Fi/Te...I show all signs of having outbursts of inferior Te, and it only makes sense for me to be FP when I type as FP on MB, Keirsey, and all related tests, as well as showing definite Fi/Te.

So my final confusion was over Ne/Si or Se/Ni, and I think on PTypes ISFP or Exuberant personality type is best; also on Best Fit I relate most to ESFP and ISFP. I think I am too asocial and have too much Ni to be ESFP. Neurotic ISFPs can look INFJ-ish....but I clearly have poor Fe and very little Ti. My bottom functions are Te then Ti, also pointing to IxFP.

Yes.

Also in terms of enneagram I confused 4w3 (which is second in my tritype) with 6w7...but that's a VERY common mix up, and I think many Fi types identify with 4. But my issues are far more with reactivity I think than simply wanting to be unique.

My worst flaws point to 6.

I'm not Trunks

Since last year until now..

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Wings were not added on, they are original. Instinctual variants are not enneagram, instincts and personality type are different. But the founder of both enneagram and instinctual variants is the same person, Oscar Ichavo. He also used trifix, but tritypes came along later based on empirical observation.

You make claims, but don't back them up at all, making them meaningless; you simply declare what you consider truth as self-evident. I backed up my claims with something that could be argued against for the sake of furthering my own and anyone else's knowledge, awareness, and understanding. As of this moment, you're implicitly concerned with the idea of being right, rather than being impartial. Eh, have fun, I doubt you even know what I'm talking about.

The difference between astrology and typology is not the ability to choose, but the necessity of deciding.
    Ahh, choosing and deciding are the same in this context. There are 16 types and one is to fit. You can decide which one, but you're still making a choice between 15 others. If I decided I was a combination of types or not any of the types, then that is a decision and not necessarily about choosing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I think I may be a 6w7 instead of 4w3. Yup. It kinda sucks when I consider how much I've written in e-gram threads about the 4w3 qualities and problems and <insert Charlie Brown telephone> whawhawah.

I don't like appearing wishy-washy because when others do this (sometimes on a weekly or daily basis) it tends to erode my trust in others self-perceptions (including my own, obviously) - NOTHING against people who are still seeking.

Anyhow, my question to you is:

MBTI - it took me a few months to figure out my type. I didn't understand the system, didn't know myself and just had hard time with it. I figured it out through a sequence of assessments and reflection. I'm 100% confident in my MBTI type and have been for a long time.

Enneagram - First the easy one. I typed as SX and there is really not much question about that. It was very obvious. With regards to the primary Enneagram type, I took a number of assessments. They all said 8. I accepted it as fact. This went on for quite some time - perhaps a year? One of our members - Zarathustra called me out on it and basically said there was no way I was an 8. He provided some specific reasons. Others had alluded to it as well (like Kasper). It was enough for me to reconsider. So, I took another assessment, got typed by a professional and figured out that I'm actually a 6, leaning heavily towards the counter-phobic side, which looks a bit like an 8. I'm 100% certain this new typing is correct. I've learned a lot more about Enneagram over the past year or two.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    You make claims, but don't back them up at all, making them meaningless; you simply declare what you consider truth as self-evident.
    It's just historical fact. Try researching Wikipedia articles on Oscar Ichavo and Tritypes.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Let me share another embarrassment. I believe my little brother, who I have typed INTP for ages, is actually ISTP. He is SO MUCH LIKE our INTP dad. But - he is less caught up in his head. At first I figured this was due to enneatype, INTP dad being 6w5 and brother being 9w8. And then he never really liked to read, until he discovered fishing magazines, at which point he LAUNCHED IN to learning advanced technical stuff. He's a budding scientist, for sure, but he's more about interactive learning and experimentation than hanging around and googling a zillion concepts. I can't imagine the kid on INTP forum - when he argues on the internet, it's invariably sarcastic. And his hobbies are mountain biking and weight lifting. And he's pretty social for a Ti dom. And he's pretty go-with-the-flow. And he's always had precocious skill with physical maneuvering - balance, coordination, testing the limits. Sounds like auxiliary Se, durrrr.

I first got a quiet feeling that I may have mistyped him one day when I was Ne-ing to him and he told me that sometimes he just doesn't listen to me because I say so many pointless things. Lol. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest
    Also in terms of enneagram I confused 4w3 (which is second in my tritype) with 6w7...but that's a VERY common mix up, and I think many Fi types identify with 4.
    So true.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Let me share another embarrassment. I believe my little brother, who I have typed INTP for ages, is actually ISTP. He is SO MUCH LIKE our INTP dad. But - he is less caught up in his head. At first I figured this was due to enneatype, INTP dad being 6w5 and brother being 9w8. And then he never really liked to read, until he discovered fishing magazines, at which point he LAUNCHED IN to learning advanced technical stuff. He's a budding scientist, for sure, but he's more about interactive learning and experimentation than hanging around and googling a zillion concepts. I can't imagine the kid on INTP forum - when he argues on the internet, it's invariably sarcastic. And his hobbies are mountain biking and weight lifting. And he's pretty social for a Ti dom. And he's pretty go-with-the-flow. And he's always had precocious skill with physical maneuvering - balance, coordination, testing the limits. Sounds like auxiliary Se, durrrr.
    Is he very anecdotal? Quiet-yet-social Sensing types are big on telling anecdotes.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Is he very anecdotal? Quiet-yet-social Sensing types are big on telling anecdotes.
    Hm, no, not really. I associate that more with SJs, though, don't you? He did just run in the room and show me this huge area of cuts and scrapes he got from flying off his bike and faceplanting.