User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    In every job I've had since about 19, I've taken on a workers activist/humanitarian role for the underdog. Just not officially. I didn't see this pattern until someone else pointed it out. I have gorged myself in company policy at times, not the details of my job, the big detail of employment. I will understand employee/employer rights like the back of my hand, and when I see any type of power abuse I'm fairly vocal with it in large meetings (where I present it in more of a questions format to draw attention to it, but not target myself specifically) and in personal one on one basis with other employees, which has caused many people to "seek me out" when they get their ass in tight spot and need support and direction. I can usually tell people if they are within their rights, how to manipulate it, how to cover their tracks and handle their failing with minimal risk.
    I just wanted to say that this is so awesome I wish more people were like this. Also, I can relate a lot to the rest of your post, especially about feeling my identity is threatened only when the outside force fails and about needing to know where I stand externally (I really can't stand being in limbo).
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

I got 4w5 first try, but I honestly thought I was 5, 9 and 6 for a while lol...until recently. I probably have 9 and 6 in my tri-type though.

Enneagram

I thought I was 4, 5, 9. I even flirted with 1 and 2. What got me about 2 was the whole focussing on others to fill the void in your soul. In fact, all the negative descriptions of every type really resonated with me, but none of the positive. That was the first clue I was a six.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    In fact, all the negative descriptions of every type really resonated with me, but none of the positive. That was the first clue I was a six.
    Ha! I had that experience too, although it just made me think enneagram was useless rather than typing myself as all the other types. 6w5 does fit pretty well though.
    -end of thread-

I don't know about 'wrong' or 'right', but it seems enneagram is a really flaky theory. People have tried to fix this by adding wings, using instinctual variants, dividing it into head, gut, and heart types, and even making tritypes. The very fact that people feel it is incomplete or missing something by needing introduce a way to "fix or complete it" says ALOT.

I personally think it's astrology, except instead of painting yourself within a given type/sign, you get to paint yourself with a type/sign of your choosing, where whether it is 'right' or 'wrong' then depends solely on you. I find it bizarre that people also evaluate psychological type in the same way, using generalizations and conclusions with almost no epistemological basis upon which to truly evaluate their claims, instead taking certain assumptions for granted as 'truth'. 0.o

I think that answers your question/concern.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I don't know about 'wrong' or 'right', but it seems enneagram is a really flaky theory. People have tried to fix this by adding wings, using instinctual variants, dividing it into head, gut, and heart types, and even making tritypes. The very fact that people feel it is incomplete or missing something by needing introduce a way to "fix or complete it" says ALOT.

I personally think it's astrology, except instead of painting yourself within a given type/sign, you get to paint yourself with a type/sign of your choosing, where whether it is 'right' or 'wrong' then depends solely on you. I find it bizarre that people also evaluate psychological type in the same way, using generalizations and conclusions with almost no epistemological basis upon which to truly evaluate their claims, instead taking certain assumptions for granted as 'truth'. 0.o

I think that answers your question/concern.
    Wings were not added on, they are original. Instinctual variants are not enneagram, instincts and personality type are different. But the founder of both enneagram and instinctual variants is the same person, Oscar Ichavo. He also used trifix, but tritypes came along later based on empirical observation.

The difference between astrology and typology is not the ability to choose, but the necessity of deciding.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

my mom read one of my enneagram books and was convinced that i'm a 5 and it made me doubt for a while. but besides that i've been consistent. when i first took mbti/enneagram types in high school i thought i was an enfp 7w8 but i never read that much into it and it was also probably hormones or something making me that way.

Anew Leaf

I first typed as INFP in my first semester of college. The description fit then, and it still fits me now. A lot of people on here think of me as an ENFP, but I am an introvert at heart. Like right now at this business conference I am going crazy not having escape routes to being purely alone.

Enneagram has been rather annoying for me to pinpoint. In college I tested as four, and I definitely see that in myself the strongest. I am driven by being unique and an individual in everything I do in life. At times I want to do "the normal thing" and it leaves me unsatisifed. I am just not sure which wing I am. I identify with many aspects of either wing. Perhaps I am simply balanced in that regard.

Instincts have been tough for me to pinpoint as well. I have sort of come to the conclusion that I have a slight edge with SX but have a strong co-dominance with my SP side.

I don't take much of this super seriously. I sort of feel that I am far more complex than a handful of letters and numbers could possibly sum up. I like the systems to help me identify weak points that I need to be aware of/fix.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I sort of feel that I am far more complex than a handful of letters and numbers could possibly sum up.
    what a typical infp 4 answer

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I do love the enneagram from my limited knowlege of it. Mainly because it discusses weaknesses in a critically useful manner.

Also ive never been in doubt that I am a 6w7 and have recently settled on my variant of So/Sx which seemed very accurate for me. MBTI on the other hand...just annoys me as does keirsey or any other variation using the 16 type lettering system.

So in that sense ive been incredibly wrong on my 16 lettered type, not that it is that important, but the longest running type for me was INFP, followed by INFJ. The shortest was probably ENTP, (yes laugh now! Or at least continue laughing but a bit louder). Not even sure on ENFJ but why not.

In this sense ive been.....extremely wrong. Dr Cox wrong!

ps: Sorry for the cliche video.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.