User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Which enneatype would you least like to be and why?

I would least like to be a 4 because they seem to be the most emo type on the enneagram. Also, I am a 6 already, lol, and that is probably the second worst choice on the enneagram list.

Edit: I jacked this thread from @Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

in order from least to most
    1>6>4>2>9>5>3>8>7

- 1 least because being on a quest for perfection perpetually would friggin suck and would leave me feeling frustrated and
    - 6 after that because I can't imagine living with anxiety on a regular basis
    - 4 after that for the same reason @The Great One mentioned
    - 2 after that because they piss me off
    - 9 and 5 I'm kind of indifferent to
    - Id the most because we're focused on desire and getting what they want and don't have all these intellectual and superego/moralist hang ups
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

my first thought was 3, because i guess i don't like the thought of living my life trying to fit some external standard of perfection, it just seems dishonest to me in a way. i do think that would be a good way to get ahead in life though, however foreign it is to me. so i'm going to pick 1 because it seems like too much work.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    my first thought was 3, because i guess i don't like the thought of living my life trying to fit some external standard of perfection, it just seems dishonest to me in a way. i do think that would be a good way to get ahead in life though, however foreign it is to me. so i'm going to pick 1 because it seems like too much work.
    you have it backwards. 1 would be draining reaching a standard of perfection and 3 would be exhausting due to over working one's self to reach a result. overall, 3s are not very perfectionist. they just want to get it done. reaching an external standard of perfection to win the admiration of others is more of a 2 thing.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you have it backwards. 1 would be draining reaching a standard of perfection and 3 would be exhausting due to over working one's self to reach a result. overall, 3s are not very perfectionist. they just want to get it done. reaching an external standard of perfection to win the admiration of others is more of a 2 thing.
    how can my opinion on something be backwards? hard work=standard of perfection in my eyes, because i hate working and don't care about being successful. also trying to project a certain image.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

how can my opinion on something be backwards? hard work=standard of perfection in my eyes, because i hate working and don't care about being successful. also trying to project a certain image.
    it wasn't your opinion that was backwards, your perception of 1s and 3s was a little bit backwards in your initial post
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

it wasn't your opinion that was backwards, your perception of 1s and 3s was a little bit backwards in your initial post
    the way i see it, 1s are trying to live by their own standards of perfection and 3s are trying to fit into an external one. that doesn't mean they are perfectionists in the traditional sense, but i still think they're trying to appear to be some form of perfect, whether it's being attractive, smart, talented, successful, etc.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

the way i see it, 1s are trying to live by their own standards of perfection and 3s are trying to fit into an external one. that doesn't mean they are perfectionists in the traditional sense, but i still think they're trying to appear to be some form of perfect, whether it's being attractive, smart, talented, successful, etc.
    no, a 3 is just trying to get more and more. more and more prestige, success, money, whatever. perfection really does not appeal much to them at all, either internal or external. to a 3, life is a video game and they are trying to get the highest score possible. the energy and motivation of type 3 are much more Id while 1s are a very superego heavy type. the majority of their similarities are external
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

no, a 3 is just trying to get more and more. more and more prestige, success, money, whatever. perfection really does not appeal much to them at all, either internal or external. to a 3, life is a video game and they are trying to get the highest score possible. the energy and motivation of type 3 are much more Id while 1s are a very superego heavy type. the majority of their similarities are external
    i don't see how that's not aiming for perfection. you missed my point. anyway, i've read plenty on the subject, i understand the differences between the types, i'm not trying to get lessons from you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

i don't see how that's not aiming for perfection. you missed my point. anyway, i've read plenty on the subject, i understand the differences between the types, i'm not trying to get lessons from you.
    most of the enneagram descriptions online are complete rubbish and don't get to the roots of the enneagram and the 9 fixations/distortions in world view (instead simply attributing shallow characteristics to each type. 4s are melancholy and seek uniqueness, 8s are aggressive and independent etc) so I'm skeptical if you haven't read more decent descriptions, but if you don't seem interested in discussing that atm so I see no need to push. carry on
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!