• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which enneatype would you least like to be and why?

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love all nine of the enneagram types (actually, I consider there to be ten of them, the tenth of which I also love), but if you were to force me to choose not to be one of them, I'd choose not to be a 4, because that's what I am, and I'm awfully tired of being myself all the time. If I were a nine, I think I'd like warm pork, assuming I weren't an Orthodox Jew.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love all nine of the enneagram types (actually, I consider there to be ten of them, the tenth of which I also love), but if you were to force me to choose not to be one of them, I'd choose not to be a 4, because that's what I am, and I'm awfully tired of being myself all the time. If I were a nine, I think I'd like warm pork, assuming I weren't an Orthodox Jew.

Very interesting perspective there. I'm actually the opposite and think it would be the drag to be ANY of the types. :laugh:

But what do you consider the "tenth" type to be?

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very interesting perspective there. I'm actually the opposite and think it would be the drag to be ANY of the types. :laugh:

But what do you consider the "tenth" type to be?
It is a drag to be any of the types, that's for sure--all of them are absolute basket cases--and it's exactly that that makes each of them so appealing to me. They're like the characters in some sort of unrealistic, yet addicting television melodrama: a bunch of violent train wrecks that you can't help watching (even healthy enneatypes are a little bit off in the head, if you ask me).

The tenth enneatype is the most basic and rare enneatype: someone who is completely unconscious, or in other words, brain dead (the brain dead certainly aren't without minds; their minds are simply concealed even from medical instruments) and at one with the collective subconsciousness. This enneatype is everything, can become anything, and is nothing at all. Each enneagram type has this one as a point of growth and, at the same time, deterioration.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. 5
2. 3
3. 7
4. 8
5. 6
6. 4
7. 1
8. 9
9. 2

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1s. Just because they seem to make the most extreme Js.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
This is like trying to choose between syphilis and herpes.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
My scores on all 3 heart types are pretty low and it is hard to decide which one it is. Especially since they are all fairly close and changeable from test to test.
Plus even descriptions are varying from site to site.

But if we presume that all types can be ambitious then I would actually vote for a 3 .

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
no, a 3 is just trying to get more and more. more and more prestige, success, money, whatever. perfection really does not appeal much to them at all, either internal or external. to a 3, life is a video game and they are trying to get the highest score possible. the energy and motivation of type 3 are much more Id while 1s are a very superego heavy type. the majority of their similarities are external

well i think you may have missed the point of a
3 if you don't mention vanity. 3s are all about living
for the eyes of others.

"more more more .. whatever" doesn't translate to vanity.
if anything it would translate more to greed/lust/gluttony.

it's different. perfection is an elimination of that which is bad/negative/a mistake. the 3's goal is "I have everything bitches! I'm the best! now bow down to me and hand over all the fertile females in your clan!"
perfection is punishment/superego driven; the 3's desire is reward/Id driven

3's motivation is to serve is its self-image. a 3 would
identify with an idealized image and sells it which leads
to the /behaviour/ of trying to pursue achievements and
goals. (ie. making threads about badassery, glorifying te-bitchslaps
or whatever idealized image the 3 is trying to sell)

----

edit: i don't think i could be a 1. or a 9.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i think you may have missed the point of a
3 if you don't mention vanity. 3s are all about living
for the eyes of others.

"more more more .. whatever" doesn't translate to vanity.
if anything it would translate more to greed/lust/gluttony.

3's motivation is to serve is its self-image. a 3 would
identify with an idealized image and sells it which leads
to the /behaviour/ of trying to pursue achievements and
goals. (ie. making threads about badassery, glorifying te-bitchslaps
or whatever idealized image the 3 is trying to sell)

----

edit: i don't think i could be a 1. or a 9.

3s are human doing. self esteem to them is a tread mill. as long as they keep running, accomplishing, etc, life is good, once they slip up or burn out and fall off the treadmill, so too does their self worth. this can create a sort of tunnel vision, with the 3 only seeing his goals and objectives and missing the big picture of the rest of life. 1s by contrast have a wider view of reality, unconsciously scanning their environment for imperfections

Edit: another thing. the image of a 3 is not always judged by the standards/acceptance of others (you have them confused with type 2 in this regard). the 3's standards are external, but they can be driven by many other things than other people's expectations and gratification. many 3s just like the game of hustling and want to meet higher and higher goals, like a kid playing a video game who is constantly trying to get the highest score.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
3s are human doing. self esteem to them is a tread mill. as long as they keep running, accomplishing, etc, life is good, once they slip up or burn out and fall off the treadmill, so too does their self worth. this can create a sort of tunnel vision, with the 3 only seeing his goals and objectives and missing the big picture of the rest of life. 1s by contrast have a wider view of reality, unconsciously scanning their environment for imperfections

to respond to your focus on behavior and oversimplification:
3's self worth is determined by how others perceive them.
why are they accomplishing? to meet some sort of standard.
who sets the standards? others.

accomplishing for eyes of others. vanity.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
to respond to your focus on behavior and oversimplification:
3's self worth is determined by how others perceive them.
why are they accomplishing? to meet some sort of standard.
who sets the standards? others.

accomplishing for eyes of others. vanity.

that's the thing though, it isn't always for others. others play a part in the goals that the 3 goes after, but 3s are generally more concerned with beating other people than winning their acceptance. the feeling of "yes! I won bitches!" is the most important part, admiration from others just further supports the fact that they did in fact win at something worthwhile.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
that's the thing though, it isn't always for others. others play a part in the goals that the 3 goes after, but 3s are generally more concerned with beating other people than winning their acceptance. the feeling of "yes! I won bitches!" is the most important part, admiration from others just further supports the fact that they did in fact win at something worthwhile.

elfboy. this in a nutshell encapsulates your understanding (or lack thereof) of 3.

won compared to what? how does one know they 'won' something if not
compared against a standard (set by others).

who are the, as you so eloquently put: "bitches". are they not the others?

G

Glycerine

None of them sound pleasant.

1. Stick up the behind
2. Busybodies
3. Too image consciousness
4. Too emo
5. Know-it-alls
6. Too neurotic
7. Too hedonistic
8. Too domineering
9. Too passive/nonchalant

Pick your poison.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a toss-up between 2 and 3. 2 scares me, personally, and I've had bad experiences with 2s trying to enmesh me. 3 can be so delightful, but when it's not, it can be disgusting to me, morally.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
None of them sound pleasant.
1. Stick up the behind
2. Busybodies
3. Too image consciousness
4. Too emo
5. Know-it-alls
6. Too neurotic
7. Too hedonistic
8. Too domineering
9. Too passive/nonchalant
Pick your poison.

hedonistic, domineering or know-it-all in that order

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I would say 7 and 9. 7 because they seem to be fundamentally incapable of taking anything seriously, and 9 because they tend to be doormats.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say 7 and 9. 7 because they seem to be fundamentally incapable of taking anything seriously

guilty. anything that doesn't result in instant gratification takes a ton of will power for me =(

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I will add type 2 as well. I can't see myself ever being as altruistic as many 2s are.

Basically the whole Positive Outlook triad for me. :D