User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: 1w2 vs. 1w9?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

It's only with a select few people that I notice myself really active or outgoing with people, but when I'm at work or even with my family, I am very hands-off.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Thanks @SD45T-2 for the article about tri-types. I think I fit best with 1-2-7, although it's always kind of hard to peg yourself accurately. I found it interesting that there were that many different "flavours" of the same basic enneagram type.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I think I fit best with 1-2-7, although it's always kind of hard to peg yourself accurately.
    Try this:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-part-1-a.html

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Default Unsure. 1w2, 1w9?

The last time I tested, I was a 5w6. Maybe I've mellowed out or undergone some personal changes, however, I currently type, repeatedly I might add, as a 1. After coming to terms with this and reading several descriptions, I accept that I am very likely a 1- however, determining my wing type has proven much more difficult. Thoughts? Descriptions?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Here's a previous thread on the subject: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...w2-vs-1w9.html
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

If you typed as a 5 before, then it would make more sense for you to be a 1w9.

What do you relate to about each wing? What don't you relate to?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Don't overthink it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    If you typed as a 5 before, then it would make more sense for you to be a 1w9.

What do you relate to about each wing? What don't you relate to?
    Well, I've been through a couple sources, so let's see if I can piece together something slightly coherent.

Using these sources as references: [Enneagram Type 1] Enneatype 1 and wings.
    Type 9 Enneagram Profile
    Type 2 Enneagram Profile

Regarding the 1w9, I'm not really the type to withdraw from stress. I tend to take a more active role in things that I feel need to be changed, rather than sitting back. When extremely frustrated, or in an unhealthy state, however, I tend towards compulsive actions- cleaning, organizing, etc. "Going with the flow" doesn't do it for me in the slightest. I don't have any qualms about bringing up sensitive issues to those close to me, whether or not it may offend them, as I think fixing any issues outright is more profitable in the long run.
    The 1w2 description seems to fit a bit better, in some regards. I find myself quite frequently being the one to take care of others, and tend to adapt my behavior to whatever it is they need at the time. I'm not so much physically expressive, but it can be a tool to be used to better someone's mood. I'm quite family oriented, planning holidays and birthdays is something I do well with. I am, however, quite aware that when I give, and get nothing in return, can become a bit miffed, and simply remember that occurrence for another time.

I'm rather leaning toward 1w2 after this examination. :/
    Likes EJCC, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@RenaiReborn sounds like 1w2 to me, too!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes RenaiReborn liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by RenaiReborn View Post
    Well, I've been through a couple sources, so let's see if I can piece together something slightly coherent.

Type 9 Enneagram Profile
    Type 2 Enneagram Profile

Regarding the 1w9, I'm not really the type to withdraw from stress. I tend to take a more active role in things that I feel need to be changed, rather than sitting back. When extremely frustrated, or in an unhealthy state, however, I tend towards compulsive actions- cleaning, organizing, etc. "Going with the flow" doesn't do it for me in the slightest. I don't have any qualms about bringing up sensitive issues to those close to me, whether or not it may offend them, as I think fixing any issues outright is more profitable in the long run.
    The 1w2 description seems to fit a bit better, in some regards. I find myself quite frequently being the one to take care of others, and tend to adapt my behavior to whatever it is they need at the time. I'm not so much physically expressive, but it can be a tool to be used to better someone's mood. I'm quite family oriented, planning holidays and birthdays is something I do well with. I am, however, quite aware that when I give, and get nothing in return, can become a bit miffed, and simply remember that occurrence for another time.

You sound like some type of 1, that is not self-preservation last. 1w2's tend to be much more aggressive and the social activist types. The 1w9s tend to be much more chill and tend to look a lot like Ken Watanbe's character from "The Last Samurai".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RenaiReborn View Post

Type 9 Enneagram Profile
    Type 2 Enneagram Profile

You sound like some type of 1, that is not self-preservation last. 1w2's tend to be much more aggressive and the social activist types. The 1w9s tend to be much more chill and tend to look a lot like Ken Watanbe's character from "The Last Samurai".