• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Enneagram of the Body

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it really just talked about the 7s problem solving skills and yes i relate to that.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see a clear connection made between the body stance or the area of the body & the tendencies of the type. Is the abdomen chosen for 2s & 4s because of the association with "gut feeling"? 2s & 4s aren't about gut feeling though....that's, well, the gut types (8, 9, & 1). 2s & 4s are more about sophisticated feeling, related to value, not instinctual feeling (the kind of feeling associated with the gut). As far as energy coming out of the 2s & 4s, the face/eyes is the obvious place, and after that, I'd go with hands for them (because of their expressiveness, plus there's a visual symbolic aspect of reaching out/connecting with hands).

VagrantFarce

I don't see a clear connection made between the body stance or the area of the body & the tendencies of the type. Is the abdomen chosen for 2s & 4s because of the association with "gut feeling"? 2s & 4s aren't about gut feeling though....that's, well, the gut types (8, 9, & 1). 2s & 4s are more about sophisticated feeling, related to value, not instinctual feeling (the kind of feeling associated with the gut). As far as energy coming out of the 2s & 4s, the face/eyes is the obvious place, and after that, I'd go with hands for them (because of their expressiveness, plus there's a visual symbolic aspect of reaching out/connecting with hands).

The positions & areas seem to be chosen based on the stances that are assumed during the exercises, it's not really about mapping to the traditional triads.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh man why didn't you warn us it talked about Dr. Pauling? Every time I hear (or read) that story it reinvigorates within me with a disdain for humanity I strive not to foster.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The positions & areas seem to be chosen based on the stances that are assumed during the exercises, it's not really about mapping to the traditional triads.

Yes, I read that these are the stances they assume when gently "guided" into a stance (which is suspicious in itself). And what the 2-4-8 stances have to do with the gut - I don't see it either.... Nor what the stance has to do with the personality traits described. The 8 is the clearest (looking ready for battle), but the 2 & 4, not so much (and the other types don't add up for me either).

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://enneagram-instrument.org/ennbody.htm

I'm curious to see if people relate to what's being described here? It seems to be trying to describe what the types experience physiologically.

8s, 4s and 2s: http://enneagram-instrument.org/EOBINT2.htm
5s, 7s and 1s: http://enneagram-instrument.org/EOBINT3.htm
6s, 3s and 9s: http://enneagram-instrument.org/EOBINT4.htm

Interesting. According to this, it says that 6's, 9's, and 3's get energy from the sternum. Perhaps I'm not a 6 then? Because I feel like my nervous energy is mostly exuding from my "gut", because I get tons of "butterflies in my stomach" when I get nervous. :thinking: