• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Affirmations / Famous Quotes

VagrantFarce

Stumbled across a quote that hit me right in the chest:

Type 5: "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all." -- Socrates

This isn't just a clever quote that conveniently relates to enneagram theory, it hits right at the heart of how I feel about life. Whenever I truly embrace that nothing is knowable, that frees me to engage and act fully without fear - I can feel everything in my gut, and my head is left to simply observe and enjoy the ride. Whenever I feel the need to "pull back" into my head and reconstruct things there, I get fearful and I find it hard to truly act with confidence.

Any other positive affirmations related to any of the types, especially ones that you relate to?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Socrate was an 8.

Type 6: "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe about living on impulses" ~ Angelina Jolie.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another for e5: ‎"By not knowing, not hoping to know and not acting like we know what's happening, we begin to access our inner strength." -Pema Chodron.

gromit

likes this
So, the song Respect just came up on my iTunes. When I heard the line Your kisses, sweeter than honey / but guess what, so is my money, I thought "oh Aretha, how I relate...!" and then "how sp/sx!"

:D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So, the song Respect just came up on my iTunes. When I heard the line Your kisses, sweeter than honey / but guess what, so is my money, I thought "oh Aretha, how I relate...!" and then "how sp/sx!"

:D

Funny, because I'm pretty sure Kelly Clarkson (who has covered a few of Aretha's songs) is also sp/sx. :)

Nicki

Retired
"I have the same goal I've had ever since I was a girl. I want to rule the world." -Madonna, my queen and a 3w4

Daenera

Rogue heart
This speaks to my 5 wing:
“You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.”
Mahatma Gandhi

Daenera

Rogue heart
"I have the same goal I've had ever since I was a girl. I want to rule the world." -Madonna, my queen and a 3w4
Yup, that's all we need: cats taking over the world. :p The cat in your avatar is adorable, by the way :)

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light/
For I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." -Sarah Williams

Rather 4w3 I think. Dramatic, but hopeful and somewhat understated (4w5 would be more overt/melodramatic, 3w4 less reflective).

Daenera

Rogue heart
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light/
For I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." -Sarah Williams

Rather 4w3 I think. Dramatic, but hopeful and somewhat understated (4w5 would be more overt/melodramatic, 3w4 less reflective).

Hey, I'm a 4w5 and I love that quote too :D

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some fantastic Picasso quotes that I think clearly reflects a 5 Se-Te mindset:

Every act of creation is first an act of destruction.
-Pablo Picasso

An idea is a point of departure and no more. As soon as you elaborate it, it becomes transformed by thought.
-Pablo Picasso

Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth.
-Pablo Picasso

He can who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't. This is an inexorable, indisputable law.
-Pablo Picasso

Daenera

Rogue heart
^^ These are amazing, here are some more quotes from him I like:

“If I paint a wild horse, you might not see the horse... but surely you will see the wildness!”

“I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.”

“You have to have an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea.”

“Everybody has the same energy potential. The average person wastes his in a dozen little ways. I bring mine to bear on one thing only: my paintings, and everything else is sacrificed to it...myself included.”

"Painting is a blind man's profession. He paints not what he sees, but what he feels, what he tells himself about what he has seen."

"It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child."