• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Wimpiest Enneatype

wimpiest enneagram

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 5 8.3%

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 13 21.7%

Votes: 7 11.7%

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • none of them

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not if they smack you in the head. And even if they don't, it is all in the style.

yes it is. you have complete control over an emotionally volatile person, they are victims of their own reactions.

wolfy

awsm
yes it is. you have complete control over an emotionally volatile person, they are victims of their own reactions.

No you don't. You can't predict an emotionally volatile persons reactions. Is Dirty Harry wimpy?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No you don't. You can't predict an emotionally volatile persons reactions. Is Dirty Harry wimpy?

yes you can. you simply take note of what they're offended by and why and what their insecurities are (it's under handed, but it's extremely easy to control someone via their insecurities)

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I gotta question: I see this thread as one of those negative threads to put people down and I'm absolutely against it. In fact, I'm freaking mad at this. I'm enraged! I disapprove of this thread, and I can't believe that Elfboy is one of those people who have to pick other types not just MBTI or Ennegram, but I see him as an emotional bully who needs to get off his high horse and leave people be and not try to emotionally control other people with polls because of HIS OWN INSECURITY about himself! That is all.

wolfy

awsm
yes you can. you simply take note of what they're offended by and why and what their insecurities are (it's under handed, but it's extremely easy to control someone via their insecurities)

Easy to say, hard to do.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Easy to say, hard to do.

I beg to differ (I've witnessed it done countless times. unhealthy Fe users do it all the time)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm riddled with insecurities. Manipulate me.

I have a zero tolerance policy for manipulation, and that goes for both myself and others.
I'll pass :)

KDude

I beg to differ (I've witnessed it done countless times. unhealthy Fe users do it all the time)

Unhealthy Fe users? Like me and ESTPs?

I wouldn't say I was weak when volatile though. That was me at my most inhumane.

wolfy

awsm

I wouldn't say I was weak when volatile though. That was me at my most inhumane.

Wouldn't it be unethical Fe users with it in first or second place? Not STP.

KDude

Wouldn't it be unethical Fe users with it in first or second place? Not STP.

I don't know many of those. Fe doms tend to brush a lot off and go with the flow in the environment. Just in an extroverted way. The whole deal is that they're mature with Fe. It's a dominant function for them. Just like if someone exercised a muscle all the time, it wouldn't mean that they're actually weak in it. Doesn't make sense.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

tertiary or inferior Fe =/= "unhealthy" Fe. what I said could apply to anyone with Fe in their first 4 functions

wolfy

awsm
I don't know many of those. Fe doms tend to brush a lot off and go with the flow in the environment. Just in an extroverted way. The whole deal is that they're mature with Fe. It's a dominant function for them. Just like if someone exercised a muscle all the time, it wouldn't mean that they're actually weak in it. Doesn't make sense.

I don't know, just guessing what was meant. It doesn't seem correct to me that F users have a better hold on values than T users. Values seem separate from typology.

wolfy

awsm

I don't know, just guessing what was meant. It doesn't seem correct to me that F users have a better hold on values than T users. Values seem separate from typology.

KDude

Not talking about values. Not in Fe's case at least. I just think they control emotions and social interaction better than what they're getting credit for here. Even if one might get into theatrics, it's deliberate. Meant to affect others in a specific way. It's not volatile.

G

garbage

I gotta question: I see this thread as one of those negative threads to put people down and I'm absolutely against it.
I'll speak from my own perspective, here. I usually leave threads like this alone because my general sentiment, overall, is similar to yours. But I started partaking in this thread myself--and talking about the 'wimpiness' of specific types in the process.

In doing so, I'm really, really consciously maintaining a separation between talking about the types as philosophical, abstract constructs and talking about them as actual people. I kinda like the philosophical exercise, but I do not connect it to reality or to actual people. I don't take this seriously--I don't expect to go out and apply these ideas to real live people, and I would hope that others wouldn't, either.

Then again, some do go off and try to apply them, and people on typology boards have a way of not being able to separate the constructs from the people. We love our mental shortcuts too much.

We see time and time again where people 'use' type to form feedback loops that verify their 'predictions,' often taking a form dangerously similar to circular logic ("See!? This person I typed as ESFJ is displaying what I regard as negative Fe traits. Therefore, Fe is a bad thing, and I hate all Fe users!!"). That's exactly why I say that, if some people in this thread are serious, then they are people that I would like to stay away from.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14453]Turtledove[/MENTION]

this thread was never intended to be serious (I chuckled writing out how my own type was wimpy). it appears I have a knack for thinking extremely controversial things are funny, believing that others will feel the same and then making a thread about it, only to discover that most people do not find controversial conversation topics funny. this was not meant to actually hate on anyone/any type. Bologna, you had the right idea with the "separating theory from people bit"

KDude

We see time and time again where people 'use' type to form feedback loops that verify their 'predictions,' often taking a form dangerously similar to circular logic ("See!? This person I typed as ESFJ is displaying what I regard as negative Fe traits. Therefore, Fe is a bad thing, and I hate all Fe users!!"). That's exactly why I say that, if some people in this thread are serious, then they are people that I would like to stay away from.

Fs get a bad rap, simply because there's a "F" in the 4 letters of their type. It's not always that simple. Hell, I'll use myself as a sign that I'm a more volatile person than the typical EFJ. I don't care if it doesn't look cool. If it helps shatter stereotypes, fine with me. The last physical conflict I got in was probably with an ESFJ. I was at a party, and like most parties, I find someone specific to talk to, and stay on the sidelines. There was a girl I was speaking with on a couch, and this other guy I knew was sticking his head over the couch, being lively, and trying to get us involved. I'm sure most people liked him, but it rubbed me the wrong way. I also suck at signaling proper ways to talk to people like this. They never go away easily.

Anyways, he came back two more times, and I just about had it. I resorted to my own way of creating an "affect", got up, slowly moved him towards a wall, and then choked him until he was red. I ruined the party and everyone left afterwards. The only emotionally volatile person in the end was me. Fe doms are intense and maybe annoying... but not volatile. If you want volatile, talk to someone who finds it easier to manuever people strictly with their Senses, rather than Fe, and values their own physical comfort levels above all else.

That said, I wouldn't say all TPs would handle it like me either. I bet anything they think about it more though.

G

Ginkgo

I'm gonna chime in for the second and final time with the notion that strong-arming other people is weak and pathetic, too. It's not genuine inner-directed strength, at least; it's another strategy that involves not properly facing up to reality or oneself.

I regard bullheaded people as extremely wimpy and pathetic.

In total agreement.