11 18.64%
First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I would say 9s may appear to be externally wimpy (and I am a 9). So since the OP said "externally", I guess 9s have my vote.

But also, to defend myself and my fellow 9s, it's not that we always really are wimpy (though we can be), it's just that I have a high tolerance for things. Peace/No drama/conflict has a high value for me. But if something or someone really steps on my boundaries, you'll be sure they'll hear of it -- and may be a little more careful next time.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Volatile Vulcan vs Happy ESFJ

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWlv_02fRyY]/[/youtube]

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I would say 9s may appear to be externally wimpy (and I am a 9). So since the OP said "externally", I guess 9s have my vote.

But also, to defend myself and my fellow 9s, it's not that we always really are wimpy (though we can be), it's just that I have a high tolerance for things. Peace/No drama/conflict has a high value for me. But if something or someone really steps on my boundaries, you'll be sure they'll hear of it -- and may be a little more careful next time.
    That's different, Steph, because you are a 9w8. I don't find 9w8 wimpy.

9w1, on the other side...
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Fs get a bad rap, simply because there's a "F" in the 4 letters of their type. It's not always that simple. Hell, I'll use myself as a sign that I'm a more volatile person than the typical EFJ. I don't care if it doesn't look cool. If it helps shatter stereotypes, fine with me. The last physical conflict I got in was probably with an ESFJ. I was at a party, and like most parties, I find someone specific to talk to, and stay on the sidelines. There was a girl I was speaking with on a couch, and this other guy I knew was sticking his head over the couch, being lively, and trying to get us involved. I'm sure most people liked him, but it rubbed me the wrong way. I also suck at signaling proper ways to talk to people like this. They never go away easily.

Anyways, he came back two more times, and I just about had it. I resorted to my own way of creating an "affect", got up, slowly moved him towards a wall, and then choked him until he was red. I ruined the party and everyone left afterwards. The only emotionally volatile person in the end was me. Fe doms are intense and maybe annoying... but not volatile. If you want volatile, talk to someone who finds it easier to manuever people strictly with their Senses, rather than Fe, and values their own physical comfort levels above all else.

That said, I wouldn't say all TPs would handle it like me either. I bet anything they think about it more though.
    I know I'm kind of proving your point with the whole negative feedback loop thing, but I've noticed a lot of ISTP males do this. when they don't like something, they sit there really quietly intense, waiting for it to go away, but they show no signs that they have a problem with things so people just go along with their business, then they overreact, often physical and leave people thinking "what the hell is up with you?" it's like there are two types of problems
    - problems requiring physical confrontation
    - everything else that can be ignored
    of course, all ISTPs aren't like this, but I think it's a tendency of many of them (for most IxTx's conflict resolution is not their strongest point)
    also, I should clarify I don't think all Fe users are like that, just when they go off the deep end
    Edit: you make a good point about F's. in fact, Fs are often less volatile because we tend to be good (or at least decent) mediators
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

*deep sigh* @Elfboy @bologna Okay, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I take things that seem negative too seriously.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    *deep sigh* @Elfboy @bologna Okay, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I take things that seem negative too seriously.
    you aren't the first person to be under the false impression I was trying to attack them, no biggie
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

SingSmileShine

I kind of thought 2 immediately.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    That's different, Steph, because you are a 9w8. I don't find 9w8 wimpy.

9w1, on the other side...
    Yeah I was thinking about that -- you're probably right. I just don't know very many 9w1s so I couldn't say for sure.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this thread was never intended to be serious (I chuckled writing out how my own type was wimpy). it appears I have a knack for thinking extremely controversial things are funny, believing that others will feel the same and then making a thread about it, only to discover that most people do not find controversial conversation topics funny. this was not meant to actually hate on anyone/any type. Bologna, you had the right idea with the "separating theory from people bit"
    its hard to be funny when language form used (text) lacks the ability to imply context in a way all could understand.

for example, i did a similar thing on personalitycafe forum, made it super obvious joke,(the kind even s types would have to see it without context through body language.) of course an unhealthy ennea 8 mod seized the moment to ban me for his own pleasure.

people often use the pretend a bit less intellectual as an excuse for immoral actions.

if an intuitives less intellectual mode is when we pretend an avarage person, for an avarage person its outrageous actions like attacking someone physically and throwing an excuse for their action as if it was then acceptable.
    like the excuse of being "provoked", when such thing doesnt even exist. one could interpret anything as provoking if it did, and thats precisely what they do..

or using their power otherwise unresponsibly by pretending not knowing is an excuse for irresponsibility.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    aww, fuck him (seriously? he has to be a tyrant on a personality forum to feel in control? if I was looking for a wimpy example of 8, I just found one LOL)
    yep, statistically speaking (of my own experience, must i point out the obvious for some people not to rage?) 8 is the most wimpiest of ennea.
    all other enneas have some form of self control/restrain, but 8's are total loose cannons just like shane in the walking dead if you watch.
    and they seem to gain self control only when at their very healthiest, otherwise better stay away from them.

of course that what you life for affects what your more likely to become, which is why 3's are suspectible to psychopathia for example. and 4's to narcissism. 5's to delusion/biased view. so on.

in other words, 8's long for control but they ultimately exclude self control and thus ironically are left with least self control.
    which explains why 8s tend to be so bitter and want to cause pain on others or simply dont care if they do.