• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Wimpiest Enneatype

wimpiest enneagram

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 5 8.3%

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 13 21.7%

Votes: 7 11.7%

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • none of them

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Starry

:( And I thought I was quick enough to fix my error --- and it even showz up in your quote :p

Looks like I'll have to be much, much more vigilant with my errors on TypeC ;)

No you got it. Or...now when you edit it edits quotes as well.

I just went to vote for 9 and noticed I already did so. LOL.

Mia.

wrong, 9s are self forgetting and disconnected from their own thoughts and feelings (actually, they're disconnected from just about everything most of the time). healthy 9s become proactive, discover their voice, what they want for themselves, what they want to do and go out and get it, but until then, they are extremely wimpy
PS: accommodating types get on my nerves, but I don't know if I'd call all of them wimpy.

yep, seeming and being are two different things.

in such regards, 9s are probably the most spineful for standing their peace no matter what.

i do nothing if someone hits me, but thats cause i dont see a point in doing anything, 9 does same to conserve peace, and if stron 1 wing, might even choose to remove the person from this realm as to prevent it from happening to others. (usually i choose so for the other persons life is anyways not worth a single attention, and probably the reason they attack me.. since proceeding into an action wouldnt change anything, the damage is done.).

I think 9s generally have a higher threshold for what they will deem worthy of opening up a can over. That being said, when unhealthy I do think 9s can be extreeeemely wimpy and pathetic.

Unhealthy 9s and unhealthy phobic 6s.

9s can be so avoidant and passive I want to shake them,

Yeeee-ep.

Healthy 9s though are a kind of quiet leader, they aren't passive, but active mediators who are a calm eye in a center of a storm. :heart:

Yeeee-ep.

I think there is often some real misunderstanding of the motivations of some of their behavior, especially when healthy. When unhealthy 9s behavior is coming from a place of avoidance. When healthy a 9s behavior is coming from a place of self-control and internal-archoring and awareness of the greater good, sense of whole, and governing dynamics. In both circumstances it might be a behavior, action, or mentality that is foreign to other types, and they may interpret it as wimpy. But it is actually being propelled by an enormous amount of energy, strength, and concentration to carry it out. Whereas to a healthy 9, sometimes the "non-wimpy" behavior of the other types seems wimpy, because the 9 is thinking "get a grip."

It’s almost like there is no middle ground because they are built to function at the ends. When unhealthy, they are the wimpiest. When healthy, they are among the strongest, if not the strongest.

yep, id say 9 is the least wimpy of all types. they hold their values both inside and out, ready to make even a physical stand if necessary.

while i have millions of values in but not ready to do much of anything else than friendly influence to better the world with them.

As mentioned, one’s MBTI will influence it, but regardless, in some of the descriptions I’ve read of 9, it is often pointed out that 9s can handle things that would make the other enneatypes fall apart. I often feel I have an inordinate amount of inner strength, anchoring, and self-control from which to draw on … not sure how to describe it. I’m sure being Fi dom influences it, but I really don’t think being an Fi dom explains all of it. Like my response is based off of something bigger than me, and it isn’t going to be shaken by situational circumstances, and I attribute some of that to the healthier level 9 sensitivity and orientation to the whole and deeper layers of the universe.

Didn't read the whole thread, but I want to add something about 9's. I think they're not necessarily passive out of wimpiness or submissiveness, but because they're easygoing and aren't easily bothered by things. I noticed I seem to have an "Oh, it's fine, I don't mind" attitude, which can sometimes look like submissiveness on the outside I suppose.

This has been an issue my whole life and is actually a rare source of anger for me. That people often mistake kindness for weakness, or desire to harmonize and assist as an invitation to take advantage or take for granted. It pisses me off – really upsets me - that most of the time I can’t just display my natural nature and desire and let my guard down in terms of being gentle, accommodating, loving and flexible without being worried it will be mistaken for weakness and an invitation to exploit.

My husband is a 9 most likely and I pity the fool who would actually hit him.

:yesss:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haven't seen this thread in awhile.
overall, I'd say

wimpy: 2, 4, p6, 9
semi-wimpy: 5s, cp6, 7s
not wimpy: 1, 3, 8

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Eerily scary how I wanted to do the exact same thing soon as I saw the above post :shock:

It's official, YOU ARE ENTP!?!?!?!

You are not invited into the ENFP club house [anymore]!!!

:leaves in a big huff, crosses arms, and scrunches up face:

You and [MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION] can have fun drawing mustaches on our posters or whatever it is you guys do. :thelook:

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's official, YOU ARE ENTP!?!?!?!

You are not invited into the ENFP club house [anymore]!!!

:leaves in a big huff, crosses arms, and scrunches up face:

You and [MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION] can have fun drawing mustaches on our posters or whatever it is you guys do. :thelook:

And see .. here I'm tempted to just go "And don't let the door hi- ..." :(

I'm a bad, bad person :smoke:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Geez... I feel like the age old kindness = weakness stereotype is smacking me in the face... Just because I like harmony doesn't make me a pansy. :dry:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Geez... I feel like the age old kindness = weakness stereotype is smacking me in the face... Just because I like harmony doesn't make me a pansy. :dry:
certainly not always, but if it gets in the way of you being assertive (as it does for most 9s), yes, kindness definitely becomes a weakness

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
certainly not always, but if it gets in the way of you being assertive (as it does for most 9s), yes, kindness definitely becomes a weakness

My husband would tell you I have no problem being assertive.... Probably comes from being an only child....and kinda bratty (yes, I can admit it). :newwink:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ah, but then you completely fail to notice the strength of the best of 9's! Where we can get what we want, without needing to assert ourselves.

Now that is a beautiful thing.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I take back what I said about 4's being wimpy. I think in some contexts, they can be very strong (any emotionally stressing situation, for example).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7420]Chaotic Harmony[/MENTION]
then you are an integrated 9. integrated 9s are not wimpy

[MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION]
we're not talking about the best of 9s or the "best" of any type. we're talking about types in the average range (which most people are in) and average to lower range 9s tend to be wimpy

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION]
we're not talking about the best of 9s or the "best" of any type. we're talking about types in the average range (which most people are in) and average to lower range 9s tend to be wimpy

As for poll, I voted none since wimpyness is not defined by Enneagram type, but I will agree that 9's, thinking back specifically about my younger years, can really walk into invisible walls all the time. :p

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As for poll, I voted none since wimpyness is not defined by Enneagram type, but I will agree that 9's, thinking back specifically about my younger years, can really walk into invisible walls all the time. :p

I think wimpiness is related to enneagram type. a phobic 6 for instance, is going to struggle with this; a 3 is not. they are a naturally assertive, productive type. every enneagram type has problems, don't get me wrong, but some are related to wimpiness and some are not (that 3 probably struggles with vanity, running himself ragged on the treadmill of over achievement and failing to experience the emotional depth of other types)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I take back what I said about 4's being wimpy. I think in some contexts, they can be very strong (any emotionally stressing situation, for example).

agreed, I might be wimpy in my mind but I'm good at staying strong in difficult situations where a lot of other people would be freaking out. plus the 4 tendency to put myself down makes me very resistant against others criticizing or insulting me.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Just keep in mind that no one is just their core. The adjacent wings always have a role to play.

eg. For those who think 9's are wimpy are forgetting that 1's and 8's aren't --- and 9 being in the centre means that they have motivations from both wings. Same with 4's [who get some flavour of 3], as with 6's who get added strength from 7 and so on.

So ... until and unless someone believes they are a wimp, they probably aren't. They just haven't been made to believe that they aren't ;)

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The stereotypical counterphobic 6 isn't 'strong' or 'brave'; he's just paranoid and gains security by outwardly questioning everything. That's not exactly true bravery, either.

I disagree with this on principle. See the quote in my signature. If someone does not have a fear that they're confronting, how is that brave? Is it brave to do something if you don't think there's a real possibility of something going wrong? I'm stealing this analogy from the movie 'Angus,' but if Superman goes up against a line of bullets, is he brave? No, because he knows he can't get hurt. But if a regular person would do something because of a greater ideal in which they believe they have a good chance of being shot, that would be really brave. Bravery can only exist if the person believes there is a danger but does it anyway.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
overall, I view the types at their worst as
1: OCD, hateful bigotry
2: entitled narcissism
3: grandiose narcissism
4: borderline personality, narcissism
5: schizoid
6: OCD
7: histrionic, Peter Pan syndrome
8: anti social personality disorder
9s: schizoid, avoidant personality disorder

Do you mean OCD or OCPD? There is a difference.