User Tag List

View Poll Results: wimpiest enneagram

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    3 5.08%
  • 2

    5 8.47%
  • 3

    1 1.69%
  • 4

    12 20.34%
  • 5

    1 1.69%
  • 6

    7 11.86%
  • 7

    1 1.69%
  • 8

    3 5.08%
  • 9

    15 25.42%
  • none of them

    11 18.64%
First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 172

  1. #31
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    clearly we disagree on the definitions of both weak and pathetic
    I'd be more intimidated by a 1 than 8. They seem pretty grim. And they're everything I'm not. A few 8s I knew were more attention hungry, playing leader, but they could be checked. A couple of friends like this always had the same type of response. If you said something, maybe they'd call you a bitch, but then they would stop. Never got in fights with any of them (In my head though, that was also a relief). Not to say all 8s are like this, but I think the behavior is more about their ego, not violence. And they don't immediately think of other people's space, which can cause problems or scare people.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Thunderbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    from Merriam Webster:


    I don't see how a typical 8 or 1 would fit this definition at all. if I were biased, I wouldn't have pegged my own type as wimpy (though I'm curious as to how you believe they would)
    You're biased towards the entirety of power. You're pretty much the cheerleader for Type 8's and worship and praise the ground they walk on. 8's are cowardly because they live their life not acknowledging their feelings and setting up a defensive barrier as well as attacking people or domineering over them because they're afraid of being hurt by others or being controlled by others. That honestly seems like something a weak person would do. 1's are weak because they rely too much on their superego to tell them how to live their life and feel as though they're superior to others, morally. They're unable to own up to their own mistakes and will do anything to prove to others that their way and beliefs are right in any situation instead of being strong enough to acknowledge their mistakes and improving themselves.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    In theory, 6s, since their vice is cowardice.

    In practice, 4w3s.

  4. #34
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'd be more intimidated by a 1 than 8. They seem pretty grim. And they're everything I'm not. A few 8s I knew were more attention hungry, playing leader, but they could be checked. A couple of friends like this always had the same type of response. If you said something, maybe they'd call you a bitch, but then they would stop. Never got in fights with any of them (In my head though, that was also a relief). Not to say all 8s are like this, but I think the behavior is more about their ego, not violence. And they don't immediately think of other people's space, which can cause problems or scare people.
    it's about control, not ego. 8s can have noticeable egotistical bravado (at least, much more so than the 1 lol) but it's not their main focus. they want to call the shots in some areas of their lives.

    the type I'm most intimidated by is (ironically) another 7w8 (but an Se dom 7w8). 8s, even 8w7s aren't likely to attack you without some sort of provocation. they might be rude, have a general vibe of "fuck you" and try to ruffle your feathers a little, but they generally respect when you stand up for yourself and stop doing it (actually, this is usually their aim in the first place. 8s a very much into tough love). a 7w8 on the other hand who lacks a moral compass or sense of boundaries can easily just think "I want to attack him, I'm bored and it looks fun". at their worst, 7w8s are like the Comedian from Watchmen
    Edit: I guess my main point was that you know where you stand with an 8 (who isn't stress 5 plotting revenge on you) with 7w8s, you don't. we can be all friendly and then "surprise attack"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #35
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I don't see how a typical 8 or 1 would fit this definition at all.
    Your definition of 'wimpy' differs from ours in that you're looking for outward displays of wimpiness, weakness, and cowardice; we're looking at the core of the person, their internal psychological makeup.

    Using the latter definition, 'inward' wimpiness/cowardice may manifest as outward brashness and bullying. Moreover, I would note that the core of the Enneagram is that the types point to coping mechanisms (regarded by some to be irrational strategies for obtaining happiness) that are intended to be overcome. I think that anyone who is unwilling to do so--to face themselves--is a coward.

    I hope that explains my (our?) perspective.

    Both 'outward' and 'inward' wimpiness are fine subjects. Which do you want to talk about?

  6. #36
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    7w8s are like the Comedian from Watchmen
    I don't know. Maybe some, but he's really just a sociopath. Didn't he shoot his wife or unborn baby? Probably not a good example of anything type related.

  7. #37
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    You're biased towards the entirety of power. You're pretty much the cheerleader for Type 8's and worship and praise the ground they walk on. 8's are cowardly because they live their life not acknowledging their feelings and setting up a defensive barrier as well as attacking people or domineering over them because they're afraid of being hurt by others or being controlled by others. That honestly seems like something a weak person would do. 1's are weak because they rely too much on their superego to tell them how to live their life and feel as though they're superior to others, morally. They're unable to own up to their own mistakes and will do anything to prove to others that their way and beliefs are right in any situation instead of being strong enough to acknowledge their mistakes and improving themselves.
    I'm well aware of the flaws of both 1s and 8s, but not every flaw can be classified as wimpy. wimpy means you lack power (physical, psychological, mental etc) to get done what you want to and thus are tossed around by the tides of life. the opposite of a wimpy person is someone who wills for something to happen in the world and it gets done. essentially, wimpy-ness boils down to effectiveness and 8s and 1s don't tend to lack in that department.
    PS: taking this into consideration, I'm taking 3s off the wimpy list. in theory, they are wimpy because they rely on the support and "that a boy's" of others, but in practice they are seldom in short supply of these and get a lot done in the world. actually, in practice, they might be the least wimpy type
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #38
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't know. Maybe some, but he's really just a sociopath. Didn't he shoot his wife or unborn baby? Probably not a good example of anything type related.
    8s and 7w8s are more prone to sociopathy than other types and when they become extremely fixated this emerges (so I believe it is type related).
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #39
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Your definition of 'wimpy' differs from ours in that you're looking for outward displays of wimpiness, weakness, and cowardice; we're looking at the core of the person, their internal psychological makeup.
    Using the latter definition, 'inward' wimpiness/cowardice may manifest as outward brashness and bullying. Moreover, I would note that the core of the Enneagram is that the types point to coping mechanisms (regarded by some to be irrational strategies for obtaining happiness) that are intended to be overcome. I think that anyone who is unwilling to do so--to face themselves--is a coward.
    agreed, by virtue of even having an enneagram type, everyone has natural "internal wimpiness" to deal with (though I would argue to varying degrees. inwardly for instance, I would say the image/heart triad is the wimpiest, even though externally 3s are among the least if not the least wimpy). that's just it though, since every type is inwardly wimpy, it kills the conversation. it's boring to just say "everyone is wimpy in their own way". there's no controversy or room for discussion. if we focus on external wimpy-ness, there is.

    I hope that explains my (our?) perspective.
    Both 'outward' and 'inward' wimpiness are fine subjects. Which do you want to talk about?
    external, for the reasons given above

    EDIT: thank you for bringing up this distinction, I took for granted that everyone else hadn't made it and should have communicated it more clearly
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #40
    Senior Member Cloud of Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    573

    Default

    I would argue that 1's, 3's, 5's, and 8's are actually the strongest or least wimpy of the circle. Who cares what their inner motivations are? They get a lot done in the world and often have much to look back on as proof of their competence (beside the 8, the aforementioned types form the Competent triad). I can't say the same for 9's and most especially for 4's.

Similar Threads

  1. Dad's Enneatype: Five???
    By EJCC in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-04-2015, 11:06 PM
  2. Why your enneatype is the best
    By lamp in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 06:26 AM
  3. Enneatype in children?
    By KLessard in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 11:36 AM
  4. Matching enneatypes with TV shows
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 04:42 PM
  5. Matching enneatypes with movies
    By Lotr246 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 02:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO